Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4052494 - 12/18/14 05:59 AM So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead..  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4052641 - 12/18/14 02:39 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Ajay, this is a GREAT place to watch a movie.
For example, I went to the initial screening of Godzilla.

In the lobby, they had a Godzilla costume you could put on, and stomp soft building blocks as you pretend to destroy Tokyo.
Pre-movie, they run old 70's Godzilla Toy commercials, cartoons, and snippets from Godzilla movies.

And THEN there are the NO CELL PHONE WARNINGS.

They ran a Godzilla vs. Smog Monster clip, where Big G is stomping what looks like a pile of crap.
And the Text Over says "Just as Godzilla stomped the (@#* out of this monster, our Ushers will do that to you if you are caught on your Cell Phone..."

They also play this PSA before the movie... biggrin (Bad Language Alert!!!)

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4052661 - 12/18/14 03:02 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Bill_Grant]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomfhrer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomfhrer
Hotshot

Germany
Originally Posted By: Bill_Grant

That was AWESOME.

biggrin

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#4052677 - 12/18/14 03:23 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Bill_Grant]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Ajay, this is a GREAT place to watch a movie.
For example, I went to the initial screening of Godzilla.

In the lobby, they had a Godzilla costume you could put on, and stomp soft building blocks as you pretend to destroy Tokyo.
Pre-movie, they run old 70's Godzilla Toy commercials, cartoons, and snippets from Godzilla movies.

And THEN there are the NO CELL PHONE WARNINGS.

They ran a Godzilla vs. Smog Monster clip, where Big G is stomping what looks like a pile of crap.
And the Text Over says "Just as Godzilla stomped the (@#* out of this monster, our Ushers will do that to you if you are caught on your Cell Phone..."

Does this mean you can have a beer while watching your movie ? Drafthouse ?

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4052685 - 12/18/14 03:31 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Jim, you can have a beer, mixed drink, soft drink, or a huge selection of food.
We had burgers and fries, and tasty beer to eat while watching Godzilla. biggrin

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4052689 - 12/18/14 03:35 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Sure wish they would make theaters like that around here, closest I have is my own home
theater where I can do just that.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4052753 - 12/18/14 04:56 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Bill_Grant]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado

rofl

LOL -- what a mouth on that gal!

WC

#4052827 - 12/18/14 07:28 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
We have a theatre like that too by our house. They have alot of celebs stop by too:

Hollywood Blvd Theatre

They have a full menu, a full bar, adjustable office seats, tables, etc. It's been open since 2003, and ever since then it seems like the whole dinner theatre thing has taken off.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4052847 - 12/18/14 08:12 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

If we had one I would go. I have a friend down in texas that goes all the time and loves it. He is always sending me phone pictures of what he is eating and drinking there (before the movie starts)

#4052850 - 12/18/14 08:16 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
In South Florida we have "Cinebistro". I've been there a few times and I really like the atmosphere and the food is great. The only drawback is that it isn't cheap by any means. Expect to pay about $100 for two people assuming both order dinner. Oh, and if you order alcohol of any kind it will be a lot more than $100.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4052852 - 12/18/14 08:20 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Well, guess what folks? They got that one canceled too, by Paramount this time!

Insanity

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4052853 - 12/18/14 08:24 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
I love how psychotic third world fatasses can control what we show in theatres within our own borders. Lovely times.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4052885 - 12/18/14 09:01 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
"The United States does not negotiate with terrorists."

Oh well. Now instead of targeting our government, they'll go after businesses directly and they'll crumble due to fear of stockholders on the off chance something happens.
And they'll get hit again and again because of it.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4052888 - 12/18/14 09:05 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
We have a few of these up here, http://www.chunkys.com/

They have nice seats, food is pretty good. I prefer the theater seating more so we haven't been in a while.

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
#4052910 - 12/18/14 09:34 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Well, folks, Paramount told theatres planning to show "Team America" to pull it too. Nice.

Fer crying out loud...

So, now let's try showing the remake of "Red Dawn" since that is North Korea also. Then if that doesn't work, how about Disney's "The Rescue" since it was North Korea in that also...and if that gets pulled, well, then Iguess we can just watch Demolition Man since that is all what we have become anyway.

v6,
boNes

#4052939 - 12/18/14 10:22 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Well..that's a bit of a downer.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4052953 - 12/18/14 11:18 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
Let's do some big picture thinking for a second...

1. Sony's lawyers probably told them they had no choice. If even one American was harmed during the run of the movie, Sony Pictures would have been sued into oblivion. Like it or not, that's our world.

2. I'm not a big fan of Seth Rogen's movies and James Franco's career seems to have stagnated after Spider-Man. Remember, these are the guys responsible for such gems of cinema as Superbad, Knocked Up, and This Is The End. He's a college frat boy with money and a sense of humor with a level of sophistication to match. This is not Ben-Hur. Let's save our outrage for a decent movie.

3. You are making a movie about dictator in possession of nuclear weapons being assassinated by tabloid journalists. This arrogant little twit thought that freedom of speech would insulate him from any repercussions. Does anyone remember that Bob Hope and Bing Crosby film in which they assassinated Khrushchev? I didn't, either. These bastards have the wherewithal to really hurt a lot of people. A LOT of people. Over a movie. Like it or not, that's our world.

The American in me would like nothing more than to mine the waters off of each coast and let the Chinese decide whether or not to keep feeding them. But some moron might want to swim up next to one to take a selfie, so that's out.

The thing that bugs me is that when you do this sort of thing, you have to weigh your decisions carefully. This only emboldens these kinds of acts. If they can do it once, they will try it again. And now what happens when someone makes an action flick and ISIS is the bad guy? Don't think for a second that those morons weren't paying attention to what just happened.

The problem is that we are right now where we were in 1978-1980 in terms of geopolitics. We are weak. We have a weak government. We are responding with weakness. The world hated us when we acted with strength, the world now despises us because we are weak. We are weak tea. Like it or not, that's our world.

Now...what are we going to do about it?

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#4052967 - 12/18/14 11:47 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

Some people have proposed benign neglect- the only thing that could work. Increasingly, the DPRK system's biggest struggle is with itself- it faces a terrible dilemma. Either open up to innovation and technology such as cell phones, Internet and media from abroad (which loosens its grip on the population), or fall further behind (again, which risks the population becoming ever more dissatisfied and defying the regime). Therefore, some argue that the best way to deal with them is to let them slowly implode.

The North Koreans can neither be bullied nor really cooperated with (not without China- even then, there is increasing discord between the PRC and DPRK).

If you threaten them, that gives them all the pretext they need to justify any kind of push back, any kind self affirmation that the US intends to destroy them, which is what they've been telling themselves the last 60 years. How does a brutal regime in an impoverished state like North Korea keep power? This is how- they've invented an external enemy, the United States, as something of a distraction for the people to rally against if they have nothing else to show. They've got nothing else, so by engaging them it feeds what they're after. They aren't playground bullies who cower when the going actually gets tough, the government has little choice but to appear to be tough in their calculation. To do anything else would undermine what they've been telling their people all these years and hence would be self-weakening.

The North Koreans don't really want an open confrontation, at least not at this point, but it's a miscalculation that has everyone measured in their attitude rather than "Yee-haw, let's git 'em." It's always so strange that people forget that even without nuclear weapons, Seoul is within range of NK's conventional weapons (and NK also possesses stocks of biological and chemical weapons), Tokyo is possibly within ballistic missile range. That's not us being weak all of a sudden, this has been a reality for decades.

#4052970 - 12/18/14 11:52 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
PFunk Offline
SimHQ Redneck
PFunk  Offline
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran

N. Central Texas
If Rogen, Franco and Sony did a comedy about two Roman soldiers arresting, torturing, and killing 1st Century Christians, I doubt there'd be this much fuss.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
#4052974 - 12/18/14 11:57 PM Re: So the whole The Interview thing, Team America screened instead.. [Re: Ajay]  
Mechanus Offline
Mechanus  Offline

I agree with you there. And that's not all- look at newspapers giving in to threats and demands over depictions of the prophet Muhammad in recent years.

But this isn't the result of a weak government, in these cases these are non-government outfits exercising their own discretions to these threats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.