Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3596196 - 06/23/12 04:33 PM BEREZINO BANDITS !  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
What a friday night that was ! Laughs, tears, lots of loot and no lack of zeds !

I logged in and found the gang in the middle of the map doing the deerstand thing and looking for helos. Lots of running and gear swapping later we found ourselves looking over deadmeats body N of shakhorka and waiting for section 8 to arrive.
The team spent an hour around this point while i ran back up from the coast getting my pt time in, LOL. Now i am crowbarman and after i make a trip through polana doing the ninja thing the group meets up again and heads off to collect dark at berezino.

WE had a very good run through berez with much loot collected and the fatefull decision was arrived at to visit the holyland of all things gucchi at the NW airfield.
It seems its not possible to clear all the zeds from the af even with 8 guys fully armed. Maybe a mortar team and a armor push could get them out but we retreated with little ammo and light a couple of players. Maybe after the next patch with better fps and less Zed lag it will not take several rounds to kill a zed in a busy fight, dropped packets of data or wrong location fixing has the zeds much tougher when 30 are spawned running about.

I logged out at 3:00am my time and had a great time , what a game and thanks to all who have helped me get past the noobie stage and into the cherno inferno action !

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3596585 - 06/24/12 02:29 PM Re: BEREZINO BANDITS ! [Re: marsvb]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
WOW, sat night was another 4 hour run about the N half of the map.

I had met up with a couple new arrivals sat afternoon and had worked the 4 man group to the sw side of polano and had to bail for chow. Came back on a couple times but the server dump was going on with the hive so logged to wait for a more stable gametime.

Now its about 8:30 central time and the group starts getting formed again. Jeff was at the east side of gorishimo and they had raided the N castle while i was heading to them. Accross the entire N side of the map with 2 raids on the NE air field on different servers we headed to bernz.
On our first AF raid we had worked down to the town SW of it and had audio of shooting at the AF to our N. The team seemed keen to have a go at the server hopper so we waited to see what he would do. Surprised to se a 2 man TSA team with enfields running to the town to the sw at almost dark we decided to just log out and head to a daylight server. On the way out i let out a full clip of akm in bursts aimed at the town area to help add to the tension the agents were feeling :}
Somewhere along this route we found and raided a downed helo and i had come up bingo for gucchi , gaahh !

WE hit a stand on the way S and it had sandbags placed at the base of it. While the team covered i tried to climb up, ok its fine it seems someone tried to grief it but it did not keep me out !
2 mags later i climb back down and at the sandbags my guy does a back flip and i am out cold ! Blood flashing and all the right side hud red i see an hourglass, HELP !
The team go into action with blood, bandages, epipen, morf and like real pros i am back on my feet in minuets, WOOT ! Thanks gents, saved me life, again :}
DO NOT CLIMB TOWERS WITH SANDBAG WALLS AT THE BASE !

Now on to bernz and the fabled tent city, lots of zeds and akm ammo but not much good stuff we hit the town stores, had a scare we had found a player at home in the 4 story apartments , LOL sound bugs.
With some goodies and more med stuff we decide to head back to the west and meet up with dark around gorka, but not before i manage to loose my akm and 5 clips to the laggy berno gear interface. I tried to move a clip to the alice pack, it moved the akm and without 10 open slots its not just gone but all the ammo is as well NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thanks for the m-16 loan jeff ! changed me luck.

West we go:

GOLD ! we find yet another helo and as i prayed to the dayz gods to drop another of the brit rifles with the thermo sight jeff finds a dmr ! Scoped m-14, oh my ! I look at the 16a-2 in my hands and think, well we cant all use the stang ammo in our weapons and i lost my russian rocker............ dark has not joined the team yet and said on comms if no one wants its i will take it.

Sorry but i could not help myself ! Now i have 3 mags for a dmr, the dmr and good ammo supply for the 1911, plenty of other stuff and when i find a cammo outfit i will be a proper cherno raider.

#3596864 - 06/25/12 02:29 AM Re: BEREZINO BANDITS ! [Re: marsvb]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
Bloody sunday !

The next guy who wants to go to camper sobor army barracks can go by himself! LOL

Another banner day in the virtual world with lots of good times. Including the loss of 2 players at stary sobor N hills to what i think was a server hopped logging into the N hill approach lanes.
1 died to the camper who DCed, the other was eaten by zeds while we were shooting at the DCer who logged back in to check the body and went away bleeding.
We found a dead player east of novy sobor:

At this time we should have headed out but we stayed a bit to long and had 2 guys come up on our overwatch sniper and his backup killing them both in the following shootout. Our team killed both of them and bugged out east to find dark.
We also had a .50cal guy working N of novy sobor who later turned up at staroye .

2 new arrivals were picked up at msta deerstand and off N we went to polano and the second helo find of the day. WE did our first surviver shoot today who was working his way into our town of polano, i dont feel good about it but i did call the shot so its on me. Sorry dude you picked the wrong town to agro all the zeds.

2 helo finds, lessons learned and good times today, thanks gents :}

#3596921 - 06/25/12 06:34 AM Re: BEREZINO BANDITS ! [Re: marsvb]  
-moose- Offline
-moose-  Offline

Boston, MA
Many thanks to the rescue team that came and saved viper and i tonight. a lesson learned - always communicate where you are! After getting ambushed near Stary while trying to rejoin the main group, I found myself respawned all the way in the southwest corner of the map. Listening to the folks having a grand time up in Berezino, I trekked through the woods to Zub, staying dark on teamspeak. Having "one of those days", I manage to dump my entire inventory while taking a casual swim across a lake, not knowing that it causes you to drop your stuff. After about 20 minutes of grabbing the stuff and hauling it back to shore, I continue on my journey to Zub castle. (timing is everything here) Get inside without vis on anyone, but then while coming down from the top of the castle, I hear footsteps, and there is a guy below me. I get two rounds into him as he books down the stairs bleeding. (I hope he has food. I need to resupply) Gave chase but lost him. While hunting around the woods, someone asks where I am on comms - I say "Zub".. to which a 3rd voice says "I think you just shot me." Whoooooooooooops! I find and patch up Viper best I can, but he's lost a lot of blood. We decide to try and make the hike together to meet the group, hitting deer stands along the way while he passes out every few minutes from blood loss. Our first stand, I manage to fall out while climbing down, and break my big toe in the process. We are now about 1km SW of Stary and Novy, combat ineffective with one who can't walk and one who can't see. Somehow we managed to crawl the rest of the way to Novy where we took refuge in a barn until Jeff and (name unknown) came to save us.

For losing my first real equipped character, and then having just about everything go wrong with the respawn, it was a lot of fun.

xblive: Moose98
steam: moose1198
http://www.twitch.tv/adaminboston

Intel i7-3820 Sandy
Gigabye x79-UD3
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2133
Geforce Titan 6GB
#3596967 - 06/25/12 12:02 PM Re: BEREZINO BANDITS ! [Re: marsvb]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
Good story moose, good to see the SAR team recovered yet another member of the SimHQ cherno-inferno survivors club.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.