Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3154838 - 12/11/10 04:07 AM Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming  
Fryman Offline
Fryman  Offline

Florenceville, NB Canada
Ever Since the Cougar came out I have had Simped Rudder peddles with toe brakes. I now have the Warthog and going without the rudder peddles and the toe brakes is not what I want to do. For FSX I have been running my Cougar controller through Foxy to just control the Rudders and the toe brakes. This is not run through the Target software. I run the Warthog in target and control the x axis, y axis right throttle and slider 1. This is working fine and handles all of the light general aviation planes I now have programmed. I have tried to program the Cougar through the Target software with the Warthog and I loose the toe brakes in the Virtual controller. This is working for smaller airplanes but may not work if I want to use dual throttles. How are others programming and running the rudder with toe brakes?

I run the POV on HAt 1 and I have not seem any specific command in Target to designate a particular hat as the POV hat. I currently have this assigned to Hat 1 inside of FSX and it works for now. Is there a command for this?

I would like to use the shift key S3 to direct Trim functions to the same hat 1 and will this work? In the Cougar software I used to have trouble doing this after a hat was assigned as the POV hat. Will this work in the target software?

Fryman
Intel Core 2 Extreme, CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 4 cpu's ~ 3.7Ghz, 4M ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Dual SLI, Creative SB-X-Fi sound card, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Warthog with Simped rudders & Brakes.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3154877 - 12/11/10 06:22 AM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Nicu Offline
Nicu  Offline

The following code will map the Warthog HAT1 over the POV, only when S3 is not pressed:
Code:
SetShiftButton(&Joystick, S3);
MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1U, 0, DXHATUP);
MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1D, 0, DXHATDOWN);
MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1L, 0, DXHATLEFT);
MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1R, 0, DXHATRIGHT);

When S3 is pressed, HAT1 does nothing, but you may use it for TRIM.

#3156067 - 12/13/10 04:40 PM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Fryman Offline
Fryman  Offline

Florenceville, NB Canada
To Assign the POV to Hat 1 I go inside of FSX in the controls section and assign the Views pan to the hat one switch. This is the only button assigned directly in FSX all functions come from the Target software, This works for panning all around. If I unassign the View Pan inside of FSX and then go into the GUI of Target and select the same buttons on the POV as listed above I get the commands you have shown for the UMD of the boat switch and the S3 shift. Without the View Pan being assigned I do not get any panning in the Sim. I can go back and assign the view pan to the Hat 1 switch and it will work but when I try to Program any other function to the H1U or other buttons the operation does not work correctly. I tried to use the Press release function, hold and pulse settings for the shifted operation and the operation was not consistant. To keep the test simple I only programme H1U and used S3 to program the doors open on a J3 cub so I could see the function. The door opened on the S3 + door open but this also changed to open and close the door with S3 Out. The horizontal pan worked as it was not programmed. From all of the testing I did it looks like the POV Hat cannot have any shifted functions programmed to the button. I have removed all button assignments from the Cougar, which is controlling the rudder and toe brakes, from within FSX's control buttons functions. The Cougar programming did not let you program any extra functions to the POV HAt Sw. Does anyone have this working?

Fryman
Intel Core 2 Extreme, CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 4 cpu's ~ 3.7Ghz, 4M ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Dual SLI, Creative SB-X-Fi sound card, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Warthog with Simped rudders & Brakes.
#3156094 - 12/13/10 05:26 PM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Joe Offline
Veteran
Joe  Offline
Veteran

Bridgewater, NJ
Originally Posted By: Fryman
I have tried to program the Cougar through the Target software with the Warthog and I loose the toe brakes in the Virtual controller. This is working for smaller airplanes but may not work if I want to use dual throttles. How are others programming and running the rudder with toe brakes?
Make sure that, before you map the rudder axes via T.A.R.G.E.T., you set them to be two of the first eight axes in the CCP. T.A.R.G.E.T. cannot see Cougar axes 9 and 10.

#3160545 - 12/19/10 04:18 PM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Fryman Offline
Fryman  Offline

Florenceville, NB Canada
In the Cougar CCP the controls are mapped as follows:
Axis 6 Rudder
Axis 7 Left hand toe brake
Axis 8 Right hand toe brake
Warthog mapping:
JoyX DX X axis
JoyY DX Y Axis
THRRIGHT DX Throttle Axis
THRFC DX Slider Axis
SCX None
SCY None
THRLEFT None

Would any functions in the Cougar program interfer? The POV in Cougar did not want to work with shift functions either.

Fryman
#3160966 - 12/20/10 05:54 AM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Double_Tap Offline
Double_Tap  Offline

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Hey Fryman, when you say you cannot get the shift function to work, do you mean holding in S3 as the I/ button?

Have you assigned the I/ O/ U/ M/ D/ functions yet?
You need to specify this to get them to function.
In the GUI go to Assign Parameters then Edit Layers and specify the S3 as the I/ O/.

Nicu does this with scripting in his example
SetShiftButton(&Joystick, S3);

The Left Throttle on the Warthog is the same axis as the rudder on the Cougar. I assigned a different axis to the rudder in the Cougar CCP then assigned the Simpeds within IL-2. Brakes and rudder were appled automatically without the need for programming within TARGET.

I now have the left throttle as Prop Pitch, Right throttle as power and Slider as Elevator trim. There is no interference.
Hope that helps,
D_T

Edit:

FYI I assigned Rudder to Axis 6, Lft TB to Axis 4 and RGT TB to Axis 8 in the Cougar CCP.

Last edited by No5_Double_Tap; 12/20/10 07:31 AM.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X UDH-3, i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3, GeForce GTX 680 2GB.
Saitek Rudder Pedals
Cougar Hotas #08970 U2 #20
Thrustmaster Warthog
TrackIr 4 Pro
Windows 7 64 bit
#3161103 - 12/20/10 01:17 PM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Fryman Offline
Fryman  Offline

Florenceville, NB Canada
Yes I have assigned the I/ O/ U/ M/ D/ functions and S3 is the shift button like the Cougar. I seems I have set up my axis the same way you did only I used different axis. The Rudder LFT TB and the RHT TB are configured in FSX. This part works fine. The Warthog is a dream to fly with. I wanted to assign some S3 I/ functions to the H1 hat POV but I have had problems whenever I assign any other function to this hat. For my type of flying the Slider axis is very convient for the elevator trimming. I could use H1 S3 I/ to control the trims for bank and rudder for all UMD settings.

Fryman
#3161544 - 12/20/10 09:14 PM Re: Rudder peddles, Toe Brake and POV hat Programming [Re: Fryman]  
Double_Tap Offline
Double_Tap  Offline

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Does the S3 button work with any other Hats?

If you want to send me the file will test it to see if it works on mine.

D_T

Gigabyte GA-Z77X UDH-3, i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3, GeForce GTX 680 2GB.
Saitek Rudder Pedals
Cougar Hotas #08970 U2 #20
Thrustmaster Warthog
TrackIr 4 Pro
Windows 7 64 bit

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.