Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3536892 - 03/12/12 09:34 AM How to collaborate with voices for the AWACS Tactical Simulator  
E69_Darkness Offline
E69_Darkness  Offline

Spain
Hello.

As I explained in this post, we´re looking for people for help. We´re developing a software for iPad & Mac whose name is AWACS Tactical Simulator.

We need your help to record voices for the simulator. We want to create an atmosphere where the player can feel he´s inside an AWACS, and communications are a very important point. So here I´m going to give some basic instructions to record the voices and send them to us so we can process them and put them inside the simulator. We´ll add some noise and radio chat too.

1.- File Format: you can record the voices with mp3 or wav format. Mono recording is ok with 22.000 Khz.

2.- Software for recording: any audio software you want to use. We´re using Audacity, it´s free and powerful.

3.- How to record voices: there are two groups of voices: numbers and phrases.

3.1- Numbers: the numbers from zero to thirty. One file per number. Example: "Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", and so on.

3.2- Phrases: the phrases with one file per phrase: Example: "Roger", "Airborne", and so on.

Phrases (one wav or mp3 for phrase):

- Numbers from zero to thirty.

- Roger that.
- Copy.
- Wilco.
- Airborne.
- Aborting mission.
- Returning to base.
- Landing.
- Waiting orders.
- Following next waypoint.
- Bingo.
- Spike!
- Mud Spike!
- Target detected!
- Tally!
- Splash!
- Shack!
- Target destroyed.
- Good kill!
- Evasive maneuvers!
- Following target
- I´m hit!
- Fox 1!
- Fox 2!
- Fox 3!
- Winchester.
- Missile out of range.
- Missile failed!
- Bombs away!
- Missile away!
- Need assistance.
- Need help!
- Bailing out!
- Guns guns guns!
- Out.

We know there are a lot more to say, but we can´t process as many now in the first time.

4.- Why the numbers files and the phrases files?

Because internally we´re going to group it. We´ll link the number and the phrase, so for example "Three, Bailing out!" would be heard. The number is the flight group number. There can be 30 flight groups flying at the same time for side.

5.- How to send the voices: in a zip or rar to my email, icampomanes + @ + gmail + .com.
6.- Send me a private message with a link to a web where I can download the zip/rar.

All the people will have their nick (and name if they want) in the simulator at the credit pages.

We´ll contact this week with people interested, some of you have made contact with me and I´ll contact you very soon. Thanks for your help.

By the way, this week we think we´ll be ready to show the first images and a video. Remember you can write in our blog about AWACS world if you want to. Just let me know with a private message.

Thank you.

Last edited by E69_Darkness; 03/16/12 09:20 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3538235 - 03/14/12 09:42 AM Re: How to collaborate with voices for the AWACS Tactical Simulator [Re: E69_Darkness]  
E69_Darkness Offline
E69_Darkness  Offline

Spain
Please, remember we need every phrase and number in one file. If not we have to cut the record in small files. If it´s possible send the phrases and numbers in different files.

Thanks for your help.

Would you like to hear the intro music? It´s here. Soon we´ll post some photos and videos.

http://www.escuadron69.net/awacs/awacs2.mp3

#3538335 - 03/14/12 02:40 PM Re: How to collaborate with voices for the AWACS Tactical Simulator [Re: E69_Darkness]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Do you guys want the phonetic alphabet read out as well? (e.g. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc.)

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3538531 - 03/14/12 08:17 PM Re: How to collaborate with voices for the AWACS Tactical Simulator [Re: E69_Darkness]  
E69_Darkness Offline
E69_Darkness  Offline

Spain
If it´s possible it would be very interesting. We plan to upgrade the simulator when it´s released, the idea is to release a first working version but with many enhacements for the future (Mac version, Windows version), so those recordings will be used quickly as long as we get them.

#3539811 - 03/16/12 09:22 PM Re: How to collaborate with voices for the AWACS Tactical Simulator [Re: E69_Darkness]  
E69_Darkness Offline
E69_Darkness  Offline

Spain
I´ve updated the list with HomeFries recommendations. Thanks for your help. Any other doubt please here or by private message.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.