Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3392927 - 09/19/11 04:19 AM Japan Super GT add-ons for GTR2  
magicalflyer Offline
magicalflyer  Offline

Indonesia
I know these particular add-ons for GTR2 are nothing new. They've been out there for quite some time, but since nobody here seems to say anything about them, I guess I'll do it. I've always loved Japan Super GT series for many reasons. Because I love the shape of the cars, because I love Japan, because I love itasha cars (yes, there are a few of these in the real JSGT). I love JSGT add-ons for GTR2 because the cars are modeled really beautifully, handle convincingly (can't say they're realistic or not, never drive the real one myself), and the AI drivers are very competitive, I always thought I race online with real life drivers. Sound effects are very nice, too.

Of course, the catch is you'll loose some of that fps when racing with full grid of these pretty babes. But in my not-so-powerful rig (AMD Athon II X4 640, 4GB RAM, Ge-Force 210 1GB with Win7 64bit) it's not so distracting, as long as you don't race at night in heavy rain, trading paints with 34 AI cars.

Unfortunately, there's no One-Click download for GTR2's JSGT add-ons. For SGT500 class, you'll have to download "2005-2010 SUPER GT GT500 Cars" package created by Team B.B. The cars consisted of ASTON MARTIN DBR9, FERRARI 550, HONDA HSV-010 GT and NSX, LAMBORGHINI Murcielago R-GT, LEXUS SC430, McLAREN F-1 GTR, NISSAN GT-R, NISSAN Z, and TOYOTA SUPRA.
For SGT300 class, latest downloads are "Japan SGT300" and "Japan SGT300 PlusCarPack" packages by Juice Bottle. These will give you some Porsches, Moslers, Nissan Zs, Mooncraft Shiden, RX-7, and some more.
After that, don't forget to download all tracks used by the real JSGT. All, but Motegi; I can't seem to find one anywhere.

You can find all those files in NoGrip (www.nogripracing.com). You would likely need some days to get them all since NoGrip only allowed non-donating members to download 100MB worth of file(s) per day.

Here are the links:

-> SGT500 Cars:
SUPER GT GT500 Part 1 of 4
SUPER GT GT500 Part 2 of 4
SUPER GT GT500 Part 3 of 4
SUPER GT GT500 Part 4 of 4

-> SGT300 Cars:
Japan SGT300
Japan SGT300 PlusCarPack

Oh yes, that SGT300 packages only give you cars from 2007, if memory serves me right. My preferred combination is to use SGT500 cars from season 2005, 2009 and 2010; and all SGT300 cars.

-> JSGT (2011 season) Tracks:
Okayama (Ti-Aida)
Fuji
Sepang, Malaysia
Sugo
Suzuka
Autopolis

As I mentioned, Twin-Ring Motegi is nowhere to be found, so you can substitute it with any track you like, though I recommend Tsukuba or the fictional, but very challenging Oshimizu circuit by Phil Blunt.

If, like me, you like itasha cars (itasha is an art of painting anime characters on a vehicle's body), a guy named Izukon provided you with many of them, though most are fictional. But, what is JSGT without lots of itasha cars yep??
Here they are:
RAYBRIG x RUNA EVA 03 HSV-010GT
2010 HatsuneMiku x GSR Porsche SGT300
Itasha Aston Martin DBR9 Teams
2010 Denso Angel Beats Lexus SC430 SGT500
2010 Nissan GT-R Itasha SGT Team Set

I could find no championship package, too, but you can easily create one with GTR2 Championship Manager tool. I created one myself, sticking as close as possible to the real race parameters. When you're creating one, I recommend to exclude the Supras from 2005 season. I think there's a glitch in them since they seem to be running too fast and too aggressively all the time. Every time I had an accident with AIs during single race session, it almost always involve a Supra or two.

JSGT cars are not only fast, they also have amazing grip. Combine that with awesome AI and challenging, typically fast tracks on which JSGT races are held, it's a recipe for countless of very enjoyable offline sim racing sessions.
My preferred way of racing JSGT races in GTR2 is to share the car with AI driver. I would drive the car for the first half of the race, and then switch over the control of the car to the AI during a scheduled pit. It's pretty fun that way.
Also, visit the real JSGT website at http://supergt.net/ for more information about this series.

Sorry for the long post, and the lack of depth. I just want to share with everyone the GTR2 add-ons that have given me an endless joy of simming. I hope you'll try them. You won't regret it, I'm sure. JSGT is the only kind of race other than NASCAR and V8 Supercars that I ever really cared about, and the add-ons themselves are real gems.

Finally, here's a little screenshot from the sim, featuring an SGT500 Honda HSV-010 (my favorite) passing an SGT300 Porsche with an SGT500 Lexus tailing behind. You won't find that No.13 HSV-010 in the real JSGT, though, that's my own repaint.

"It ebbs and flows, shipmate. A hot woman and a cold beer will put all this in proper perspective."
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3392959 - 09/19/11 05:39 AM Re: Japan Super GT add-ons for GTR2 [Re: magicalflyer]  
Chunx Offline
Chunx  Offline

Yep, we ran a short series with the Japan Super GT 500 cars last summer, about this time. Great mod. There was a one-file download for it on firestorage.com (japan site), but I don't know if that works anymore.

This is an excellent mod for GTR2. One of the better ones out there.

Chunx

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.