I'm really enjoying this game. Its a nice change of pace being able to play as the Templar. This game to me has some of the best parts put together of some of the previous games. It has all the fun nautical gameplay that Black Flag showcased and expounded upon from its first real introduction in AC3. It then has what I enjoyed most from AC3 and that is the wilderness, frontier type locations and Colonial America setting. Added to that is the North Atlantic location which is also a nice change of pace as its a unique location not seen much in games.

It also runs butter smooth. Its a good PC port which I believe Ubisoft among other things are not know for unfortunately. Also unfortunately, I've enjoyed this game far more than AC Unity. I have had to actually work to gain any enjoyment from it. Where they started to do right with regards to making combat more challenging again as well as bringing a new graphics engine with huge crowds and internal spaces, the gameplay, even after being patched, I think is more wonky, glitchy and unresponsive even when compared to the other games which they themselves certainly aren't perfect. There's too much they did in Unity that made the whole thing feel extremely tedious from the start.

Even though the enemy AI in Rogue is still mediocre and downright non-existant at times, I have found that they are a lot more aggressive than in previous entries and they also seem to take advantage more often trying to flank and attack you when you are facing another enemy. Usually I've seen enemies wait until their friends have finished their attack before they do but not so here. In that sense its made the combat a little more challenging than the previous ones I have found.

Anyhow, on to the pictures an my little mini-video I put together.

River Valley. Sort of like AC3's Frontier only with navigable rivers so as to include the nautical gameplay too.

Checking out my ice breaker which also doubles as a ship ram

Multi-faction skirmish taking place somewhere in Sleepy Hollow

Yes, Shay Cormac was there and I helped him help Benjamin Franklin okay. smile

My new Whaling outfit I crafted for fishing at the top of the world

My ship the Morrigan between a swell and a hard place.

I really like my new Colonial Raider outfit.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13