Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#696396 - 12/21/06 05:40 AM Red Baron the Movie the Game  
billermo Offline
billermo  Offline

Just took my first look at the Red Baron movie website (http://www.redbaron-themovie.com) and, well I can't get anything to load, it keeps timing out, but there is a link to "The Game".

I read elsewhere that the film Flyboys used Dawn of Aces as its tie-in game. I'd imagine Red Baron would at least consider using Red Baron.

Just saw the movie Flyboys last night, and I would think that almost anyone watching that movie would be curious to try a flying combat sim that had any similarity to what they saw in the film.

About the RB movie, I just looked now and noticed the director is German (he wrote the script too) and almost the entire cast is also German. Only Joseph Fiennes' name is recognizable to me in the cast -- he plays Roy Brown. (this info from IMDB.com)

Hmmm. Looking more closely at the IMDB description... the director is not a top German director, the vast majority of what he's done was for German tv. The funding appears to be from private donors, mainly in one German state. From what I see here, my gut says this is a low-budget indie that probably won't show too much actual flying, and won't be able to afford the kind of attention to the more expensive parts of historical accuracy (namely, the planes) that would satisfy people here. I wouldn't get my hopes too high on this one. Movies like Das Boot aren't typical of low budget European productions. I could be wrong. Hope not. Unless it is especially good, it would probably not even make it to international film markets (meaning the US, Britain, Australia, etc.).

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#696397 - 12/28/06 12:14 PM Re: Red Baron the Movie the Game  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Some of the clips of Work in progress looks very encouraging though, worth getting them to work in your broswer!

Lots of close ups of DIFFERENT types of planes on the same side with different authentic colouring (woo novel thought ;\) ).

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.