Rate This Thread
Hop To
#695036 - 05/25/05 02:40 PM Help:Can't get online  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi folks,
I tried today to get online for the first time.

I took some advise from some people in the chat room so that i could actually sit in the cockpit and start the plane rolling. But thats as far as I got..it came up with some kind of error (something to do with pixels)..anyhow, it booted me back to desktop.
I've installed the 1078(?) patch and put the cookies where it says too.
The second time I tried, it tells me I'm being asked to leave the game for unknown reasons (very helpful).
Anyone got any clues what this NOOB is doing wrong?

Flakfodder aka Sid

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#695037 - 05/25/05 04:48 PM Re: Help:Can't get online  
RAF_Gromet Offline
RAF_Gromet  Offline

Halifax England
Salute Sid

The getting booted for an unknown reason is just a bug within red baron 3-d. If you Flame an ride it you cause the server to boot everybody im guessing you enter the server just as somebody rode a flamer just bad luck you enterd at that time. ANy way for when you do manage to get up an at em if it happenes to you quickly press esc + Enter an new life that way the guy shooting get his due kill awarded an you dont boot everybody.

As for youre other boots im not too sure but if you post some specifics of youre system im more than sure i can try an help you figure it out. If i cant i know lots of clever fellas in RB land that can help.

So 1stly does the game run in single player offline.
Whats youre system spec an specifics ie Graphics card Operating system siz of mem what software have you installed are you running on Dial up ect.

More important are you sure youre running a stock FM DM new security in FAJungle an Aroma island will detect an boot you from the server also if you have a poor dial up connetion you will be booted for lagg. Are you running RB on an XP machine an have you got the rb 3-d 1st aid kit installed.

Salute

RAF_Gromet_RO
209 RAF

Salute
Capt. RAF_Gromet MID DFC
209Sqd RAF retired

PCspecs

Intel core 2 duo E6600 @ 2.6Ghz
4gb of DDR3
Gigabyte g41mt-S2P
gtx550 ti
Win 7 home premium yay for 64bit computing
#695038 - 05/25/05 06:57 PM Re: Help:Can't get online  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the quick reply.....
the game runs OK offline, although not as well as on my old machine.
I'm running a AMP Athlon 2800, 512K RAM, Radeon 9800 SE graphics with 128meg RAM, XP Home SP1.
I'm on 1Mb broadband. I've not heard of the RB3D 1st aid kit thingy so no, I don't have that installed.
The game is installed from a RBII CD and patched with the 3D Superpatch.
I hadn't put the two cookies from the 1078 patch in the RB directory, but I have now, and the entry concerning them is in the RB2 server config settings. When I tested it after that, about 5 or 6 times it let me get airborn before telling me about being asked to leave for unknown reasons.
Anyway, it'd be great if you could solve this dim southerners problems \:\)
Sid

#695039 - 05/25/05 10:34 PM Re: Help:Can't get online  
RAF_Gromet Offline
RAF_Gromet  Offline

Halifax England
Sid Mail me i'll send you the 1st aid kit, an some info on RB an Radeons with links to sites.
Sounds to me like its a graphics card issue. For now try flying in Direct draw see if the severs boot you.

Mail me at PippsJ23b@msn.com
an i'll get it away too you asap

Salute
RAF_Gromet_RO Mid
209Sqd RAF

Salute
Capt. RAF_Gromet MID DFC
209Sqd RAF retired

PCspecs

4gb of DDR3
Gigabyte g41mt-S2P
gtx550 ti
#695040 - 05/26/05 12:28 AM Re: Help:Can't get online  
RAF_Gromet Offline
RAF_Gromet  Offline

Halifax England
Salute Sid
Found it for ya try this

http://www.wings-of-valor.net/files/utilities/RB3D_First_Aid_Kit_BETA101.zip
i really hope it helps but if you have no luck this time reinstall RB2 then install the super patch an finally the 1st aid kit an try diffrent setting to get the best performance dont alter the files for the 1078 the cookies should just go right where they need to be an with the 1st aid kit you can install an reinstall diffrent options an try diffrent settings untill you get or achieve a balance between fps an stabilaty. Then when you done that you can start adding some of the really nice eye candy available. You'll find a link to the RAF209 sqd page on their we have some basic patches but you'll need gunsights an other stuff before you go into the crazy online fights that is rb3-d. For terrain patches an such id recomend Hells angels MMP but you'll need a fresh install seperate from youre default on you can find some nice ote pl terrain file on thier an many links to other sights relating to RB.

Good luck with it i really hope you get it sorted but if you have any problems my mail addy is above dont hesitate to use it i'll try an help out a newbie anyway i can.
Good Hunting

http://rebells.sqhq.net
http://www.wings-of-valor.net/
http://www.jamrom.com/hellsangels/main.htm

Salute
Capt. RAF_Gromet MID DFC
209Sqd RAF retired

PCspecs

4gb of DDR3
Gigabyte g41mt-S2P
gtx550 ti

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.