Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#694844 - 02/05/05 09:49 PM Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just installed HA from a clean start, that is i completely uninstalled RB3D AND FCJ, then re-installed RB3D, Checked it was working ok before re-installing DGVoodoo 31. All working fine. I then downloaded Hells Angels, installed it, tested it and no sound. No shell sound, no nothing. Went into sim patch and tested the wave files individually, all working fine. Any ideas?
Thanx Bruno. PS setup is pentium 4 Windows XP ATI 9700.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#694845 - 02/06/05 12:36 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

Sunshine Coast, Australia.
S! Bruno

Did you forget to install the XP sound fix? The first time you fly after a clean install the sound will work ok. The next time it will be gone, so you need to install the XP sound fix. Check one of the threads here and look for the Skiddmarks posts. He will have a link to one in his signature! \:D

B.O.

BTW, Bruno, you seem to have a similar set up to me. I would be interested to know how you get on with RB. What drivers are you using for the 9700?

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
http://www.arcticangels.org/
...all are welcome.
#694846 - 02/07/05 08:14 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Salute Ogre,
many thanx for that, as it happens i found ther sound fix soon after i posted! it works now but as in FCJ, the sound keeps going "tinny" Maybe its the crap soundcard that came with the PC?
I`m still running the original drivers with the ATI and have been plagued by very low FPS in Red Baron for months, in fact since i bought this pc. I`m running DGvoodoo v 1.31. and in a furball they drop to 3-4 FPS. Not good. I`ve just got Broadband so maybe i`ll download the latest driver for the card and see if that improves things. Whats your views on this?
Salute, Bruno.

#694847 - 02/08/05 02:38 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
Skiddmark Offline
Skiddmark  Offline

Glenville WV USA
S! Bruno!
The FCJ-CP is a stand-alone program which includes the XP fix (tick box under SOUND). The program works with all UOP's and stock.
The "First Aid Kit" might be just the thing for you, Bruno. Also, RB is very CPU-intensive so anything running in the background will be a big drain on RESOURCES. There's been a recent link to a great XP "tune-up" page, look over the threads on this Forum.
Also check out my Multiple Install thread - no need to wonk FCJ to run HASP
I have 6 installs of RB for various UOP's and versions. ;\)

Computer = PHENOMX3
MOBO: ASUS M4A78 Plus
OS = Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home Edition (5.1,build 2600)
Processor = AMD 8750 triple core 2.4GHz
RAM = 3328 MB
DX 9.0c
Nvidia GeForce GS 250, 512MB
Realtek HD audio
Disk Drives:
Floppy's: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H21L, E: ASUS CD-S480/A5
HD's: C:ST3250310AS 250Gb
F: Maxtor 6L250S0 250Gb
H: SM_USB20 flash drive 4Gb
Monitor: Proscan 32" LCD TV in VGA mode.
#694848 - 02/08/05 03:45 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

S! Bruno

I will give you a run down of what I have and went through when I get home from work tonight. I would be interested to know what driver version you are using for the 9700. Right click on it in the Display Manager, click properties and look in the driver tab. There should be a version no. there.

B.O.

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694849 - 02/08/05 09:04 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

Ok Bruno....I had been flying RB for about 2 years without any serious problems until a couple o' months ago. I was using Catalyst 3.6 drivers for the 9700 and decided to upgrade the drivers for....well, to cut a long story short, get the 'puter up to speed for IL-2 PF. After changing to the Cat. 4.10 drivers I couldn't fly RB anymore. I was using OpenGlide v007b4 and my brother suggested I use dgvoodoo. With the dg I found FPS were shot to pieces around furballs and large towns/cities. Down to 3-5fps!
Soon after this, I lost a hard drive and after a complete reinstall of XP I decided to use DX 9.0c and the latest drivers for the 9700, the Cat. 4.12. I reinstalled RB and, as Skidd also suggests, decided to try the "RB First Aid Kit", a great idea but I had sound and graphics problems everywhere. Curiously, installing all the kits sections manually worked fine. I experimented with 4 OpenGlide versions and found the v007b4 to be the best. Now the only problem I get is the "2nd mission DTD".

I would say, get your broadband and then check how the fps go with your present set up. If it is still no good, maybe try the OpenGlide before you start changing the 9700 drivers. Sing out before you do that though so I can give you some pointers to the best ".ini" settings (well....the ones that seem to work for me that is! \:\) )

In short, it seems to me that your fps problem could be from the Dgvoodoo, as that happened to me. If you still have trouble with OpenGlide then you may want to get the latest drivers for the 9700, BUT....make a system restore point before you do! I have not had much fun updating ATI drivers in the past.

B.O.

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694850 - 02/09/05 05:45 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys, very many thanks for your kind input and suggestions. Ogre, i have already tried the open glide series of wrappers before i changed to dg voodoo. True i did get better frame rates with them but soon as someone opened fire then i got massive texture corruption, ie bloody great buggering black mesh squares everywhere! So, last nite i downloaded and installed version 5.1 catalyst driver for the ATI card that is especially for XP. Went without a hitch, loads of new icons and stuff to tweak but it didn`t make a sods difference to the fps in Red Baron, jesus am i mad or what? I also installed the RB First aid kit, again the sound still sounds tinny, the rotary engine sounds like a big *** bike going flat out in a tunnel and the FPS haven`t risen at all. Perhaps now might be a good time to revert to open glide and try it again? Would be gratefull Ogre, if you could send me your recomendations for setting up the ini file? Thanks again guys from bloody Pohm land!
Salute, Bruno.

#694851 - 02/10/05 04:25 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
Birdbrain Offline
Birdbrain  Offline

Tallahassee, Florida
Bruno, I would be surprised if you got that corruption with dgVoodoo and you had texture memory set to 4 mb. Did you?

As ever,
Birdbrain
#694852 - 02/10/05 07:56 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

I had the same problems with Dgvoodoo Von K. Texture mem was set 4 Mb. I used all the recommended settings. I have the same vid card as Bruno.

Here is my OpenGlide ini settings Bruno, posted for your convenience. These are the recommended settings and they seem to work well for me. Interestingly, the only thing I ever had to change before was the IgnorePaletteChange to 1. Now I find I need to change some other settings as well. Setting Texture Memory to 4 seems to be the most important.

Configuration File for OpenGLide

Version=Version0.07b4

[Options]
EnableMMX=0
CreateWindow=0
InitFullScreen=1
EnableMipMaps=0
IgnorePaletteChange=1
EnableFog=1
EnablePrecisionFix=1
EnableWrap565=0
EnableMultiTextureEXT=0
EnablePaletteEXT=1
EnablePackedPixelsEXT=0
EnableVertexArrayEXT=0
EnableSecondaryColorEXT=0
EnableFogCoordEXT=1
TextureMemorySize=4
WrapperPriority=2
FrameBufferMemorySize=24

Regards,
B.O.

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694853 - 02/10/05 05:15 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys, many thanx for your replies. Kess, if you read my post carefully, i stated that i was getting massive texture corruption from open glide, not DGVoodoo, never had that kind of problem with it. T

#694854 - 02/10/05 05:15 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys, many thanx for your replies. Kess, if you read my post carefully, i stated that i was getting massive texture corruption from open glide, not DGVoodoo, never had that kind of problem with it. T

#694855 - 02/10/05 05:23 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys, many thanx for your replies. Kess, if you read my post carefully, i stated that i was getting massive texture corruption from open glide, not DGVoodoo, never had that kind of problem with it. Thanks for the settings Ogre, just tried them out after dumping Dgvoodoo and yes i have frame rates to kill for!Just one small annoyance, i`ve got green stuff eminating from the gun muzzles when i squeeze the trigger! Just did a Pat Wilson campaign mission, flight of 8 Fokker Dr1 s mixing it up with 6 Spads and the FPS did not drop below 11. Well chuffed with that! Thankyou Ogre, you`re a star! Regards, Bruno. \:\) \:\)

#694856 - 02/10/05 08:25 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

Hehe...I'm not the star Bruno. I'm just passing on the good work that many others have already been through. \:D

There is a way to turn off muzzle flashes. I never have a problem with them but one of the lads in my squad is always going off about 'em. I will dig through the archives and find the patch.

B.O.

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694857 - 02/11/05 03:13 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

Hey Bruno

Hop over to Flyberts and grab this download for the gun flash patch or just click on this link...

http://www.flybert.net/genfiles/NoGunFlash.zip

B.O.

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694858 - 02/13/05 09:37 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
Skiddmark Offline
Skiddmark  Offline

Glenville WV USA
After thinking a little more on the wording of the posts let me add that in PREFERENCES/GRAPHICS/GRAPHICS OPTIONS the COMBAT DETAIL must be set to DETAILED or weird effects will occur WHEN SHOOTING STARTS.
Also the muzzle flash removal will do nothing for the green fire. I've completely forgotten what the fix was but am still looking. I think it involved the removal of some ?.aph file.

Computer = PHENOMX3
RAM = 3328 MB
DX 9.0c
Realtek HD audio
Disk Drives:
#694859 - 02/13/05 01:16 PM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre Offline
*ÅÅ*Bad0gre  Offline

I've never had to use the muzzle flash remover. Invisible cockpit always did the trick! ;\)

*ÅÅ* Col. Bad0gre_ACO
Årctic Ångels

Visit us at...
...all are welcome.
#694860 - 02/15/05 01:42 AM Re: Hells Angels sound problem  
Skiddmark Offline
Skiddmark  Offline

Glenville WV USA
I like the muzzle and hit flashes, I'm looking for a way to regain the hit flashes in HASP.
There is an Invisible Cockpit patch for HASP as well as a Slimpits Patch (F1 and F2 views and the F2 views have gunsights \:D )on the ADDONS link of the main HA site.

Computer = PHENOMX3
RAM = 3328 MB
DX 9.0c
Realtek HD audio
Disk Drives:

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.