Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#688188 - 04/17/02 12:22 PM Couple of CF SuperPatch issues...  
Ivor H Offline
Ivor H  Offline

UK
As a newbie i'm really enjoying this sim, not least due to the hard work & creativity of the mod community and the friendly help of the RB community generally.

I have a copule of issues with CFSP7 and I was wondering, "is it just me?".

First, the SE5a (the one I see in the Fly Now option, and in the view objects screen)has a weird multicolour lower top wing. Looks like a platte error or something (like the TNT EAW skins that wouldn't render on other cards).

I looked at a SWW1SA SE5a d/l and the top undersurface file (which looks OK in MS Paint) seems to be 03251204.bmp. Then looked at the CFSP files and no sign of this - but there's a file with same name but .aph extension which won't load in Paint but looks grey when viewed in the "default viewer".

There's a lot of files in CFSP7 so I figured it might be "the one that got away" and it may be OK to replace the CFSP .asp file with the SWW1SA .bmp of the same number. It's just a doped canvas wing & the 3d models are probably much the same for that part, right?Worth a try? Or try to edit the CFSP .aph file and save it as a .bmp?

I have a Geforce2MX so no Glide but all else looks fine (except I noticed one enemy a/c - unidentified - seemed to have a solid grey prop disc - maybe it's a 4-blader with the grey segments overlapping).

Second issue - RB is less stable since I ijnstalled CFSP - sometimes hangs or DTD when I try to fly a single mission from the main menu after changing the aircraft preferences for that option. The CFSP says CM may sometimes contribute to this in the way it copies or doesn't copy files, so I may just re-install CFSP directly.

However, it suddenly dawned on me from the CM1.1 readme that I maybe should be running CM and RB3D at the same time instead of (like the Panzer Elite Mod Enabler for instance) using it to swap in patches then closing it down. Is this right?

Had a great time last night hauling around in an absolutely gorgeous lozenge-fabric D7 (straight from "the Blue Max" except it had accurate engine & "Greek" crosses) after RE8s. Magical!

TIA

When you soar into the air in a Sopwith scout
And you're scrapping with a Hun and your gun cuts out
Well, you stuff down your nose till your plugs fall out
'Cos you haven't got a hope in the morning!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#688189 - 04/18/02 04:17 AM Re: Couple of CF SuperPatch issues...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

First, the SE5a (the one I see in the Fly Now option, and in the view objects screen)has a weird multicolour lower top wing. Looks like a platte error or something (like the TNT EAW skins that wouldn't render on other cards).
==========
This is something that pops up occasionaly. I've most often seen it on SE-5 and Sopwith Triplane scouts. I'm not sure what causes it, but it does look horrid.
===========

I have a Geforce2MX so no Glide but all else looks fine (except I noticed one enemy a/c - unidentified - seemed to have a solid grey prop disc - maybe it's a 4-blader with the grey segments overlapping).

============

This is someting that has to be run through a utility when the model is converted from the 3ds file to someting that the game recognizes and uses. It's a matter of remembering to set it to transparent during the process. Even when properly done, in direct draw you get gray wedges insted of proper prop blur...

=========

Second issue - RB is less stable since I ijnstalled CFSP - sometimes hangs or DTD when I try to fly a single mission from the main menu after changing the aircraft preferences for that option. The CFSP says CM may sometimes contribute to this in the way it copies or doesn't copy files, so I may just re-install CFSP directly.

===============

Good rule of thumb is not to bother with single missions when using a UOP that you didn't make yourself... Now, I admit, CF does have a mission zip to download designed for it, though I've not tried it. Not a fan of single missions...

And you don't need to leave CM up and running while you use RB... Unless you're using something with a date patch. In that case, every so often open up your camapign with CM and it will make sure any date based files get loaded properly.

Personaly, I've not had CF installed since one of the early versions, so I can't vouch for exactly what it looks like now other than the screenshots on the web page.

Spandau

#688190 - 04/18/02 12:14 PM Re: Couple of CF SuperPatch issues...  
Ivor H Offline
Ivor H  Offline

UK
Thanks for the response. As you'll have gathered. I'm still at the stateg where I'm guesing a lot.

I reran CM with a different date set and the "files by date" thing checked, and lo and behold, I've got a different SE with no problem this time. The SPAD XIII is the one with the grey prop disc and it's still there, though.

No doubt I'll grwo wiser to the ways of RB. Thanks again.

When you soar into the air in a Sopwith scout
And you're scrapping with a Hun and your gun cuts out
Well, you stuff down your nose till your plugs fall out
'Cos you haven't got a hope in the morning!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.