Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#686868 - 09/11/01 12:34 PM "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

just thinking that if there are some missing files from the "valueline" rb2 ; then maybe we could come up with our own patch to enable it to take the 3d patch..
any body got a screenshot of the folders and contents of the value line rb2???
for instance has anybody tried replacing the valuline exe's with the original rb2 exe's and seeing if it works..?...the game takes no reference from the cd so that shouldnt be a problem..
salute
bort

------------------
oh to be in England now that England's here...i stand up-right in my wheel barrow and pretend i'm Bodecia

[This message has been edited by bortdafarm (edited 09-11-2001).]

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#686869 - 09/14/01 01:17 PM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  
DickDastardly Offline
DickDastardly  Offline

nowhere much
I've never seen a valueline copy. Is this a UK budget release? or one of those mini-campaign sampler versions at £2 a pop on ultra budget spinner racks?

I've not even seen the original game here in ages. Sad really.

"PRETEXTS TO JUSTIFY US MILITARY INTERVENTION IN CUBA"

"3. A "Remember the Maine" incident could be arranged in several forms:

a. We could blow up a US ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba.

b. We could blow up a drone (unmanned) vessel anywhere in the Cuban waters.

... Casualty lists in US newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.

4. We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington." (p8)

"7. Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the government of Cuba.

8. It is possible to create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner enroute from the United States...

a. An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered aircraft... At a designated time the duplicate would be substituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be loaded with the selected passengers all boarded under carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be converted to a drone." (p10)

Operation Northwoods Document - 9 March 1962
#686870 - 09/14/01 10:22 PM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually have all 3 version CD's

I'll check them out

#686871 - 09/16/01 12:47 AM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DickDastardly:

I've not even seen the original game here in ages. Sad really.

the value line version is an american job it's the 2d game but it won't take the patch to 3d for some reason....was wondering if it could be altered to accept the patch...as most folks can't get the 3d or original 2d game...
but here in england we can get the original 2d game from http://www.pcworld.co.uk
and it is patchable to 3d
salute
bort

------------------
oh to be in England now that England's here...i stand up-right in my wheel barrow and pretend i'm Bodecia

#686872 - 09/16/01 12:48 AM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AA_Trouble4u:
I actually have all 3 version CD's

I'll check them out

cheers !!!
salute

------------------

#686873 - 09/20/01 03:58 PM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry it took me so long to look into this.

so far in my initial review.,

there are no mmp files at all in the value line which means baronmp.exe ,mplaymgr.dll ,
mplayui.dll

also of intrest the .cab files are completly different. written on different dates and different sizes.

I think though. it could be possible to identify all of these files in time.

also this line is included in the readme file:
PLEASE NOTE: This is a special value edition of Red Baron II, version 1.5. It does not contain the multiplayer functionality and does not provide an upgrade path to the Red Baron 3D version.

let me know what my next step should be.

------------------
*ÅÅ* Capt. Trouble4u

#686874 - 09/20/01 07:31 PM Re: "valueline" and original rb2; anybody done a folder by folder comparison?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok nice one thanks !
first thing to do would be copy your red baron 2 (proper version) exes over to the value line (make a back up of the originals first just in case it goes pear shaped!)..and see if the game will launch...from those exe's
might be ok...try the red baron 2 (proper) cd if it complains...and see if that helps..
allso copy your data folder over too (make a back up here allso)...if you have any succes at all try slapping your rb multiplayer folder and exe in there as well and see if it'll accept a multiplayer launch..
try to keep track of your original value line folders so you can restore everything back to stock if it doesn't work...
here's hoping something clicks...
salute!!!!
let us know you get on...
bort
with any luck it'll be just a case of replacing the valueline "altered" files with the proper files n folders...unless they went mad and altered the game set up beyond recognition...

------------------
oh to be in England now that England's here...i stand up-right in my wheel barrow and pretend i'm Boadecia

[This message has been edited by bortdafarm (edited 09-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bortdafarm (edited 09-20-2001).]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.