Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#686445 - 08/10/01 01:55 AM Just had one of those great moments  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just went on my 3d mission flying as Robert Jushan of the RAC in March of 1916. We were supposed to attack a German observation balloon in Nep 11s. Right when we reach no-mans land 4 Fokker IIIs just right on us. The flight of course forgets the mission and goes after the Fokkers. Well I decide that they want us to attack the ballon for a reason so I get away and start to the balloon. Once I get there the balloon has already been drug down. (damn) Well I decide to go home but then I hear guns going off. I look behind and there are 5 Fokkers on me shooting at everything but me. So I decide I better get the hell out of there before they learn to shoot. So I go in a long dive and level at about 15 feet. So I am just running the hell away cuz I was so much faster. I get over friendly territory and see that now the boys on the ground are giving me cover. I figure since Im over friendly territor I will try to take one at least. I turn into them. Then dive away again. We tagle in the air for a bit, then I catch one alone. Give a burst (very very lucky shot) and hear his pilot give a scream of death. Then his buddies seem pissed I got him and manuver on my tail. Once again I go very low. Once I level out, BOOM!! One of them crashed. Alright thats 2 with only 1 burst from the guns. As I keep looking for open shots and getting some hits one of the Fokkers hit another and went tumbleing to the ground. The other got control back. 2 to go! I find one and start messing him up real bad. I hear him wounded. Then his wing by magic hit and wounded me minorly. I was very low on ammo and wounded so I figure its time to stop and live to fight another day. So I cut throddle and land right next to a church. I watch them fly away in very much relief and quit. Wow I was flying forever it seemed. At the debrief I find the guys that I made crash dont count as kills (shit). But ohwell I got that one and a great story.
The rest of the flight didnt fare to well. They only got 1 but took 2 casualties to a crash.

This game I dont think will ever get old. That had to be the most fun I have had in any sim yet.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#686446 - 08/10/01 03:38 AM Re: Just had one of those great moments  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, the campaign engine always manages to suprise you... Play it long enough, you think you've seen it all, and wham... It manages to pull a trick out of a hat that leaves you going... WTF?

Of course, by the same token... It sometimes duplicates a mission from one day to the next almost to the letter...

Spandau

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.