Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#686186 - 07/28/01 03:19 PM Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  
Lucky_1 Offline
Lucky_1  Offline

Mehlingen, Germany
I finally achieved ace status in the campaign, and wanted paint my own plane. However, it says there are no paint schemes available. Does that mean I have to create my own? Or, does it mean they don't have any yet since it is early in the war?

I'm having a problem with targeting. Guess I'm used to modern flight sims. I can never target ground objectives. It seems the only way I can shoot them is to fly low, really low, and wait for them to start shooting at me. Thats how I determine whether its good or bad

Also, any tips on navigation? I get lost all the time I lead or fly on my own. If I hit ctrl-A, then I'm ok, but thats no fun. Is there some kind of in-flight map?

Oh yeah, one last question. This one really perplexes me. At the start of every mission, my plane drops a bomb and blows me to pieces! Even if I have no bombs carried, or I'm in a plane that has no bomb carrying capabilities! I have to fly with invulnerable in order to play the game.

Anyone have this problem?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#686187 - 07/28/01 03:31 PM Re: Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S! Lucky_1

Yes you will have to your own paint scheme. Or you can download schemes, a good stop would be http://www.flybert.net. Flybert is currently moving his website so it may not be complete. There are also tips for painting there to be found.

Flying low to shoot ground targets is actually a good idea because AA won't fire at you when you're low (very low

In-flight map is at numpad-0

bombing yourself is a joystick issue, I know that some players have experienced the same problem, maybe making a profile from scratch for your stick will help.

Have fun -- WWProfFate

#686188 - 07/28/01 04:49 PM Re: Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  
BA°Wraith Offline
BA°Wraith  Offline

The great veil beyond life.
To padlock onto a ground target, you have to put it in your gunsight first, then press the "O" (the letter O, not zero) to lock on. This is your boresight lock.

—Tossin' marshmallows at the elephant.
#686189 - 07/28/01 09:04 PM Re: Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  
Lucky_1 Offline
Lucky_1  Offline

Mehlingen, Germany
Thanks for the help!

So, in order for me to have a personalized AC, I have to make my own skin somewhere and put it in the RB3D files? Or download someone elses and put it in the files, kinda like EAW?

#686190 - 07/29/01 04:20 AM Re: Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky_1:
Thanks for the help!

So, in order for me to have a personalized AC, I have to make my own skin somewhere and put it in the RB3D files? Or download someone elses and put it in the files, kinda like EAW?

Well, you take all your custom paint schemes that you build, and put them into your paint folder. Then go to squadron ops in SP mode, if you aren't an ace, you can pencilwhip a commanding officer. In Squadron Ops, choose paint shop, once there click paint plane and that brings up the painting screen.

If you have more than one type of machine assigned to your squadron, you need to choose which one.

On the left side of the screen you'll see a set of controls with one part shown. Use the arrows to choose which part you're going to make customized, then choose import. That calls up another box with all the files you have stashed in your paint folder. Choose the part you need, then click apply, and it will show up on the preview pane on the right side of the screen.

When you're done adjusting all the custom parts, choose save, give it a name and you're set. Go back to the previous screen by the nav buttons, then click the button by your new paint job where it says unassigned and choose it.

Next mission you'll have your personal paint scheme showing.

It's a bit more involved to set up custom paints for MMP but there's a readme, I think called paintme or mmpaint or something similar in the main program folder... It's a text file, if all else fails, open'em all

Spandau

#686191 - 07/30/01 06:07 AM Re: Ok, I've received RB, Now some questions...  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
You'll also need to have the "custom" box instead of the "default" box checked in your preferences settings. There are two sets of preference settings, one set for online and one for offline.

An in game map is accessible with the "0" key on your keypad over on your keyboard's right hand side. If the map doesn't show, check that the "num lock" key above the keypad is on. Just found that out after playing WW2Online. LOL

I've heard of guys having problems with bombs before, but can't remember what the answer was. Maybe someone else will remember.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.