Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#686082 - 07/19/01 09:36 PM UOP Conflicts ???  
Skylark Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Skylark  Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Hotshot

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It has been suggested that to resolve a bug problem, in my RB3d SP campaign, that I download "full game" UOPs. This raises another question. Is it possible to download, Baron von Benz UOP 4.5, WingStrut22 and Berry's Super Patch v2.0 into the same RB3d directory or will one simply nullify the other, or cause the game to crash, or eliminate specific features that one UOP offer while another one does not. Skylark .. out

"The further backwards you look, the further forwards you can see"
Winston Churchill

http://www.sandbagger.uk.com/skylark.html
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#686083 - 07/19/01 10:06 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The UOP's are not meant to be mixed...only one at a time should be installed as far as I know.

#686084 - 07/19/01 10:22 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Skylark Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Skylark  Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Hotshot

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jim, I just printed RFC 266 Mahoney's Patching Primer after reading your post to U-96. What a great volume of work this is. It should give me a good foundation of understanding how and possibly why patches improve RB3d. Mahoney, if your reading this. Your 'The Man'. Thanks, Jim for the heads-up. Skylark .. out

Winston Churchill

#686085 - 07/19/01 10:30 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skylark,
Mahoney's patching primer is indeed well written and perfect for getting started with patches and mods....he really did an excellent job.

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 07-19-2001).]

#686086 - 07/19/01 10:46 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Lex Offline
Lex  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland,Blighty
Skylark you can have more than one UOP BUT - yes a big but! You have to use the Campaign Manager by von Tom AKA CM which is at (I think) version 1.1 ,its great,essential and a tiny bit daunting at first but if a dummkopf like me can eventually get it working then you will manage OK!
You should though START EVERYTHING with the super patch then Campaign Manager then add (via the Campaign Manager program) ONE UOP (only) you can then switch between plain 'out of the box' RB2 and 'UOP'ed' RB2 this will give you practise in how it works (CM) and then you can start adding things like PanamaReds WesternFrontHistorical Flight Model(!) and all the rest of the stuff-but remember you HAVE to remove (again via CM) your UOP before attempting to install a different UOP.UOP's are INCOMPATIBLE with each other at the same time and will screw up your whole setup if you mix them,so my advice is stick to one at first eg Beery's for a lower spec'd machine and ROTJ2 for a Ninja PC.
If you have any questions post em here and I or somebody will help you out.

Lex Morton

PS I am pretty sure of the above (!) so if anyone has any comments give us a shout.

------------------
"If you want to get laid go to college, if you want to learn something go to the library" (Frank Zappa).

#686087 - 07/20/01 03:23 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Lex.

That's a nice scheme on the Camel in the sigpic.

Any details on it?

Spandau

#686088 - 07/20/01 05:30 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Skylark Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Skylark  Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Hotshot

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jim & Lex, thank you gentlemen, for tonight I downloaded Baron von Benz UOPv4.5 to my RB3d directory and now I have aces' colour schemed A/Cs. I know this because on my very next mission I engaged Cpt.W.A.Bishop in his blue cowled and blue fuselage deck N.17. It was a terrific dogfight. I was simply mesmerized and couldn't take my eyes off that twisting turning N.17. It was beautiful to watch. In time, I turned Bishop's ship into a blazing inferno and received credit for this victory. I also encountered RE8s and Albatross CIIIs and they have all changed from the usual default models I've been use to. Now my campaign career has become very exciting again. Thank you for your interest and advice. Skylark .. out

Winston Churchill

#686089 - 07/20/01 06:34 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Lex Offline
Lex  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland,Blighty
Hi Spandau it is from 112 Sq. UK based as far as I can remember,1918 IIRC.I just dig swastikas!! hehe

Skylark good to hear but don't forget to try out the campaign manager (CM 1.1) you will wonder how you managed without it!

Lex Morton

PS Spandau imagine what Chinese aircraft might look like if the falun-gong win power there!!
Oh WOW!!

------------------
"If you want to get laid go to college, if you want to learn something go to the library" (Frank Zappa).

#686090 - 07/20/01 06:50 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Skylark:
Now my campaign career has become very exciting again...

Statements like that never cease to make me smile...

Thank you, Full-SP-Campaign-UOP makers for injecting LIFE into this ol' addiction!

-RODION

http://www.rodspear.com

#686091 - 07/20/01 01:03 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Skylark Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Skylark  Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Hotshot

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lex, After last night's success, Campaign Manager 1.1 will be my next download. Skylark .. out

Winston Churchill

#686092 - 07/20/01 02:01 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skylark,
I use CM 11 to handle adding patches, since it makes them very easy to install and uninstall. CM's other feature is that it will update your UOP's campaign events according to specific dates....the arrival to the front of a particular ace etc. You have to have CM running in the background for the events function to work and on occasion it a good idea to hit the manual update in CM.

My setup is a bit different. I use Tom Winter's little program " Dynamic Time for RBII ". You replace your RB icon with the TWA icon to start the game and it automatically updates your time based patches within the game and adds sunrise and sunset skies ( quite pretty). It is a little more hands free then CM, but it is not free (around 7 bucks)and cannot be used to add or remove patches. I use CM only to simplify adding or removing patches and TWA to handle updating campaign events.

If you have already manually added a UOP without using CM it can be a hassle to find all the files you need to delete to remove it. I would advise removing RB, defragging the drive, then install RB and CM. You can then add the patches you wish to use to the CM "patches" directory and install them with CM to RB. Mahoney's patching primer does a good job of explaining how to use CM with mods.

What Lex was driving at in his post is that you can have every UOP installed in the patches directory of CM if you want...but as I said earlier only one UOP can be installed in RB itself at a time. One more thing...be careful adding enhancement mods...some are specific to a particular UOP, others are universal and sometimes UOP's have already included an enhancement mod. If your not sure just ask...some of the mod makers frequent this forum ( at least they use to) and others have had enough experience to answer your specific questions.

#686093 - 07/20/01 03:09 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Skylark Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Skylark  Offline
Old Timer's Club Member
Hotshot

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jim,
Thanks for the thread, your incite into CM1.1 and UOPs is very helpful. I do load everything by the manual method which is very time consuming. So it's time for the upgrade to CM. I checked out Tom Winter's "Dynamic Time for RBII" and I was wondering how you used Tom's time machine and not have it conflict with CM date engine. As for the 7 bucks, it's a small price to pay, since I've been enjoying Tom Winter's terrains and atmospheres for some time. This weekend, I'm off to the Dayton Ohio Airshow and I'll be reading up on CM1.1 and 3D Patching Primer. Should I have any questions, I'll definitely be posting on this forum. Skylark .. out

Winston Churchill

#686094 - 07/20/01 03:31 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skylark,
TW's little utility is easy to install. Once installed you use the utility to import the date files ( also very easy to do)...from that point on you start RB with the TWA RB icon and it takes care of all the date related files automatically. I have only used TWA with Berry's Super Patch UOP so I don't know how well it works with the other UOP's. Since I don't have CM running other then when I use it to add or remove patches there are no conflicts.

#686095 - 07/21/01 12:30 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lex:

PS Spandau imagine what Chinese aircraft might look like if the falun-gong win power there!!
Oh WOW!!

Hmmm, a bit busy for a national insignia... But would look pretty good as a personal one... Any prefferences on standard RB aircraft you'd like to see it on?

Spandau

#686096 - 07/22/01 11:54 PM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  
Lex Offline
Lex  Offline

Falkirk,Scotland,Blighty
Sopwith Camel please!
I think it would be reasonable to imagine some young British Taipan type from Honkers (Hong Kong) having an insignia like this - with maybe Hong Kong Hurricane or suchlike written above and below perhaps.I'm not sure of placement though,maybe forward fus?
Good Show!

Lex Morton

PS I don't have a scanner but there is a CLASSIC pic of a swastica'd up camel on p98 of Chaz Bowyer's book 'Sopwith Camel - King of Combat' also has a pic on page 88 of the profiled a/c from 112 sqn. which show's the starboard side with 'PIXIE III' written in about 3 inch letter's,just underneath the cockpit.If you too are a 'Camel-Jockey' or even just interested in them then this book is definately worth a look.

------------------

#686097 - 07/23/01 03:22 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sopwith Camel please!
I think it would be reasonable to imagine some young British Taipan type from Honkers (Hong Kong) having an insignia like this - with maybe Hong Kong Hurricane or suchlike written above and below perhaps.I'm not sure of placement though,maybe forward fus?
Good Show!

Lex Morton

Rgr that... Camel it will be. Give me a couple of days to work it up. Been writing a lot and haven't fired up PSP in a few days... If you like the results of the screenie, write me and I'll send ya the .bmp files for your own use...

Spandau

#686098 - 07/23/01 04:23 AM Re: UOP Conflicts ???  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sopwith Camel please!

Here ya go...

The lower one works better I think... The lettering is reversed on the other side of the fuselage, and thanks to the very small size of the .bmp file, is difficult to read clearly.

Spandau
briann@cyberlynk.com

[This message has been edited by Spandau -TH- (edited 07-22-2001).]

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.