Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#673396 - 06/03/03 12:32 AM *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats right, there will be a new add-on pack that will include french infantry, vehicles and weapons. Below is a list of what to expect in this long awaited add-on pack.

FRENCH WEAPON ADD-ONS
-Rochefort cheese (a small piece of cheese to replace the K bar knife. This is pushed into the face of enemy soldiers to render them unconscious from the smell.

-Depends adult diapers (restores health in the same way that medics do with other nationalities)

-French passports (a very effective weapon in the french arsenal. Player uses these by throwing them at enemy players during the game. If the other player is from a poor 3rd world country they will drop their weapons, change into civilian clothes and leave the game)

-Puegot armored vehicle (a very fast moving vehicle featuring 3 reverse gears and 1 forward gear)

-High frequency backpack radio (primarily used to call in heavy support which comes in the form of M1A1 Abrams tanks, AH-64 Apache helicopters and A-10 aircraft) Note that using the french add-on weapons pack usually requires US Weapon Add-on packs.

-White handkerchiefs (modeled after the original french government issue)

This is just a partial list of what to expect in the upcoming "Operation Frenchpoint" add-on pack. This is still a WIP so if you would like to see something modelled in this pack that is not mentioned we promise to do the best we can to include it.

TL

#673397 - 06/03/03 02:34 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Eclipse Offline
Eclipse  Offline

Canberra, Australia
Allow me to be the first to call you a moron.

#673398 - 06/03/03 06:57 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
BIGSHaW Offline
BIGSHaW  Offline

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Allow me to join u Eclipse

Marines don't die, they just go to hell and regroup!
---U.S. Marine Corps.
#673399 - 06/03/03 08:58 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Smithcorp Offline
Smithcorp  Offline

Oz
Idiot.

#673400 - 06/03/03 09:33 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never check here, but this forum seems quite moronic at first glance ;\)

#673401 - 06/03/03 11:22 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Ian Boys Offline
Hotshot
Ian Boys  Offline
Hotshot

Broadbottom UK
oh come on, it was just a little joke.

#673402 - 06/03/03 02:32 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
streakeagle Offline
streakeagle  Offline

Seffner, FL USA
I can appreciate the humor of the joke, but it is a matter of the timing and the placement.

My concern is the fact this post was clearly made in response to the real French add-on just announced.

Why insult someone who is providing you with something of value for free?

Discouraging the work of modders or the willingness of them to share their work with all of us just isn't a smart thing to do on a message board that exists primarily for that purpose.

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
discussion: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
censorship: practice of suppressing a text or part of a text that is considered objectionable
#673403 - 06/03/03 03:00 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Eclipse Offline
Eclipse  Offline

Canberra, Australia
Anyone who'd consider that a joke has issues...

It's at about the same level of humor and sophistication as driving around and leaning out the window to yell random abuse at strangers, or walking up and spitting on people, except in this case it just happens to be strangers who were giving you something for free.

#673404 - 06/03/03 05:50 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought it was funny. You guys are a bunch of babies if you can't laugh at this. People get too bent out of shape these days if anybody pokes fun at someone else. All this PC crap has gotten way out of hand. I mean, who doesn't hate the French?

#673405 - 06/04/03 12:18 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

it mainly shows toughluck's lack of culture...

it's roquefort,not rochefort

it's peugeot,not puegot

french usually don't call for american tanks or bombers,british call them,and then they bomb france.it's called "operation france freedom".*

excuse my english,i was born after the end of US invasion....

was this one funny too ? :rolleyes:

#673406 - 06/04/03 01:12 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I mean, who doesn't hate the French?
I love them. Great country, great culture, nice people.

#673407 - 06/04/03 01:23 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

rollnloop, yes your post is funny too. ;\)

JHawk, I've been to France & the French are pretty much A-Holes. The stereo-type that they are rude to American's, at least in my experience, is pretty much dead on.

#673408 - 06/04/03 06:51 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heheh, I recognize a lot of Bush, Schroder and Chirac in those posts. If only we could have an Arab drop in too \:\)

Now, in my opinion you (the folks who insult other people) are all selfcentered a-holes (to use a term from another poster) with way too big egos, only because you happen to think your country and the mob in it is God's personal bonus gift to the world :rolleyes:

I got news for ya: No one guy is more bloody special than the next.

That's gotta hurt some people. Wake up call.

:p

#673409 - 06/04/03 08:07 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

great post bobby \:\)

#673410 - 06/04/03 09:54 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

You aren't offended ? Great ! ;\) LOL

#673411 - 06/04/03 05:37 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow bobby, you sure showed me. :rolleyes:

You're one of those, take PC to the extreme. God forbid someone should insult someone else. Someone might get their feelings hurt. Oh wait, your post was an insult.

I think I'll go inflate my ego now. \:D

#673412 - 06/05/03 01:51 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Vertigo1 Offline
Veteran
Vertigo1  Offline
Veteran

Zeta Aquilae System
Quote:
Originally posted by JHawk72:
Quote:
I mean, who doesn't hate the French?
I love them. Great country, great culture, nice people.
and their streets are nice to march down.. right? ;\) \:D

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
#673413 - 06/05/03 09:25 PM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Well, the joke is that that's why the French planted trees along the Champs Elysses (sorry for my spelling, I studied French 14 years ago and I've lost command of all les mots)

Wasn't it just recently announced that the French government actually sort of woke up to the fact that they are rude to Americans in general?

The French have nothing on New Yorkers for rudeness. I can take or leave the French. Their attitudes and comments really have so little impact on my life that unless I actually meet one, I have the luxury of not even having to think about them. I don't think about the Aborigines or the Inuits very much either. Sometimes I think about the Pawnee, but that's because it's a word I like to say. I also like to say Ocracoke and Susquehanna. But I don't think about the French nearly as much as I think about the Ocracoke Inlet.

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#673414 - 06/06/03 12:00 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  
Madaboutsims Offline
old time
Madaboutsims  Offline
old time
Hotshot

UK
sorry top bring slight politics to this but i see that most calling the french are actually from the USA.

LMFAO!

If only they new what most of the world thinks of them!

#673415 - 06/06/03 01:26 AM Re: *NEWSFLASH* Operation Frenchpoint add-on pack coming soon!!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
and their streets are nice to march down.. right?
damn, the last major Nazi hiding in Europe has been uncovered by US intelligence services

i'm off to south america

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.