Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#662255 - 06/24/01 10:07 PM Solution for 'Alone in the Woods' mission...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's how my search for the solution has unfolded

Comment.
=========
"Bug or no Bug I must be just crap, as whatever I try I just get shot on this mission. I must have done it around 20 times today (and I think I've had enuf of OFP for today)... Oh how I wish there was a skip mission button "

Answer.
=======
"Hide in the forest in a bush or whatever, then wait till it reaches 6 o clock, then it will rain and become very foggy, then u can creep across to the alternate pickup point, try not to shoot ppl unless they see u!"

Responce.
=========
"Cheers El!te, You've inspired me to try again. I'll give it a go."

Thanks.
=======
"El!te, you are the man!!!

Thanks for the tip, it worked like clockwork. Waiting until 6:00 and the Rain and Fog totally hid me. I even had a HIND buzzing overhead that never spotted me, I also managed to take out an officer and four troops.

I got captured then rescued, then went off to help the rebels liberate a town and save some hostages. Thanks once again El!te."

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site.
http://www.hengist.co.uk/MiGAlley

#662256 - 06/24/01 10:12 PM Re: Solution for 'Alone in the Woods' mission...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I posted another method of completing the mission here too, but I got it off another board so I couldn't test it myself.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum57/HTML/000146.html

#662257 - 06/25/01 12:40 PM Re: Solution for 'Alone in the Woods' mission...  
schurem Offline
schurem  Offline

Nijmegen, NL, Europe
i did it by killing the first squad that came looking for me in the forest (i had my brightness cranked up all the way ). after that i went to the village east of the forest. there's a bmp there but near your starting point there's a dead law-soldier off whom you can scavenge the neccesary tools to blow it up. once it's dead, run back into the forest and give the squad that comes looking for you a wide berth. alternatively you could try and kill them, for a machine gun can come in quite handy in the next part. move from tree to tree up the hill towards the ville. once you've reached the group of trees southwest of the ville you should see an officer and three soldiers guarding a jeep. kill them (a machine gun is handy here, tho i did it with my trusty old M16). get in the jeep and drive south. upon nearing the forest stradling the evac point go east and ditch the jeep in the forest. sneak your way to the evac point and watch events unfold. stay in the tent when things heat up! good luck soldier, you'll need it

------------------
I just LUV the smell of napalm in the morning

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings,
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
#662258 - 06/25/01 01:36 PM Re: Solution for 'Alone in the Woods' mission...  
skulker1 Offline
skulker1  Offline

UK
man I loved that mission, almost crapped my pants! I ended up legging out of the forest heading south, ended up in some village, not having seen any Russians, stole a car and proceeded to Morton. On the way I had to swerve to avoid a couple of tanks and some bewildered infantry. Finally got to Morton only to be told that they were under attack, however they told mea bit late and I ended up driving right down the high street, Russians on the left and Americans to my right. Slap bang in the cross fire. I therefore floored the thing and pegged it through the town. Man I love this game! I love the way everyone has a different story of the same mission.

#662259 - 06/25/01 01:43 PM Re: Solution for 'Alone in the Woods' mission...  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
so there is bad weather modeled...cool!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.