Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#63304 - 12/26/03 08:31 PM FIGHTING STEEL - XP drivers ??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Salute ALL
While installing FS from a recently purchased CD a WARNING from MSN has appeared. The essence is that the drivers abt to be installed have not been digitally-signed by MSN for XP and dire results could happen from using them. I'm not an alarmist but am taking this seriously, and wonder if anybody has found an absolutely safe way to proceed with this installation, and has successfully done this without incuring immediate or later problems? Any and all responses will be much appreciated. Ciao, tbone2 rolleyes

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#63305 - 12/27/03 07:10 AM Re: FIGHTING STEEL - XP drivers ??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got that frm a sim i installed and the world didn't end and my HD didn't crash..I just clicked install and went on.

#63306 - 12/28/03 07:34 AM Re: FIGHTING STEEL - XP drivers ??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bah! If you listened to all the dire warnings Microsoft builds into their stuff, you'd never do anything with your computer. A bit of advice - if you happen to be a computer novice, learn where to get and how to install the latest version of your machine's various drivers. And remember - as you go through life, always bear in mind that "rule" and "guideline" are synonyms. Sure, a lot of people who'd like you to be an obedient sheep will tell you I'm lying, but it's true. They probably have jackboots in their closets and goose-step around their bedrooms naked when no one is around. Rules are guidelines, and if you have a good reason to deviate from the guidelines, you must just let your conscience be your guide. Remember what happened in WWII. The Nazis had plenty of rules, none of them good. There's an example of when to deviate. I mean, we are talking M$ here!

If your drivers are up-to-date, you sure shouldn't need to be installing any drivers off the Fighting Steel disk, which probably need to be carbon dated in order to determine their version number.

Also, learn to run "dxdiag" and how to tell what version of DirectX you're running. And heed the number one rule that all gamers must live by -never, ever, ever install old DirectX over newer DirectX!

Cheers!

Rick... wink

#63307 - 12/28/03 09:18 AM Re: FIGHTING STEEL - XP drivers ??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Rick - I'm OK on DirectX and will leave the FS drivers alone - am sort of a pc novice, and also WW2 Navy Ciao, tbone2 biggrin

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.