Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#560942 - 06/08/01 07:05 PM 2 day's in and I'am sold!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I've spent a few hours now in Typhoon.
from a pure emotional response, I love it!
From a pure technical response, I love it!

It's a breath of fresh air to me(I use all the GA-flight sims and alot of the combat ones)
In the immortal words of Will Smith; "Now, this is what I'am talking about"!
With it's little niggly, and not so niggly bugs it still equates to a well done, fun flight sim!!
I won't make excuses for it's lightness on system's managements, and I don't think the makers of the sim would want me to.
It does what I believe it was intended to do(how many games can say that?)
Introduce simming to the newcomer, and give us old fella's some fun in the sun!!
Thanks for a great game\sim\whatever :-)

[This message has been edited by Osprey1 (edited 06-08-2001).]

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#560943 - 06/08/01 09:15 PM Re: 2 day's in and I'am sold!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Osprey1,

I`m looking forward to EFT. I`ll be picking up a copy next week.

Can you comment on the FM and AI?

Cheers

Boxcar

#560944 - 06/08/01 09:32 PM Re: 2 day's in and I'am sold!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Boxcar, for me it's very difficult to comment on the FM. One, it's a futuristic fighter(well, not so futuristic)I'm sure with it's fly-by-wire technology it's pretty much user-friendly as it were.
I don't have any rudder input with my joystick at the moment or throttle. I use the keyboard for the throttle and the rudder I realize at high speed is pretty much a non issue anyway. But I sure do miss the rudder while following the glide slope down to landing. As for AI, I'm still at the early stages of the campaign and it's mainly been intercept cruise missiles, destroy spy trawlers type stuff. I haven't experienced a real life and death dog-fight yet.
It so hard to comment on FM for me. I'm not a real pilot, and I've never even flown in a fighter jet. But from what I've read sims' make it even harder than their real life counter parts. If that's so, then I would say the FM is fine. This is a lite-sims, but I am not sure we haven't confused complicated for realistic in previous flight sims.
For me the crux of the matter is in the FUN value! You want realism(supposedly)to nth degree you fly Falcon-4, you want a balance of simulator and fun, you fly Typhoon!!!
If people come at this gamesims with the perspective of just having fun flying a cutting edge jet fighter, then it will have done it's job. If you're looking to replace Falcon 4.0 with Typhoon, forget it!
The graphics are wonderful!
The campaign is refreshing!
The fluidness is great!
If you love fun, and flying, I guarantee you will find a place on your hard drive for Typhoon!!!
All the best!

[This message has been edited by Osprey1 (edited 06-08-2001).]

#560945 - 06/09/01 12:13 AM Re: 2 day's in and I'am sold!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks,... I`m looking forward to it,.....for a change.....until Il-2 beta arrives...hehehheh.
I like the idea of the "dynamic campaign". As far as the realism factor, I agree,I prefer the simplistic approach once in awhile.....Cheers.

Boxcar

#560946 - 06/09/01 01:17 AM Re: 2 day's in and I'am sold!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Osprey1
I agree 100%. It is a blast to fly and fight in. I love the way you can concentate on what the hell you are suppose to accomplish, instead of fighting the plane. I think this sim has made me a better sim pilot for that very reason.
Coffee

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.