Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4483608 - 07/21/19 02:40 PM ED miles system starting soon  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

From august Eagle Dynamics is starting their ED Miles system.
*crowd goes wild*

-- Yes this new feature begins at 1st of august and will replace old bonus point system. Brief description goes as follows: When earlier you just got bonus points for your purchases, now you can get ED miles. For example if you buy 59.90$ product you will get 5990 ED miles!!! 5990! Yes! It's true!
*crowd gets wild again*

-- And you even can buy a product fully with ED miles and you don't even have to pay real money.
*crowd in full amazement*

-- For example for 60$ plane you only need to buy 10 full priced modules then you can get one free!!
*crowd clapping*

-- This is a major improvent for the old system where you only got 10$ worth of bonus points for full priced module.
*crowd nodging*

-- We are giving thousands of ED miles points and we really care about our customers, so get your wallet ready, soon it's really good time to start buying modules and who knows if you even get module free, after buying minimum of 10 modules.
*crowd stands up and continues clapping some of them crying in full joy*

ready spartasign ready crew
kneeldown tanksalot
pilot pilot pilot pilot

Last edited by IceecI; 07/21/19 02:49 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4483637 - 07/21/19 07:37 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
My relationship with ED is more business, not friendship and love smile

The new ED miles system does not pique my interest. From a business and emotional standpoint

#4483712 - 07/22/19 12:56 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
cdelucia Offline
cdelucia  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
"You only need to buy 10 full priced modules then you can get one free" Wow guys, 10-1 discount ratio. That's pathetic.

Anyway, you guys finished F/A-18 yet?

Last edited by cdelucia; 07/22/19 12:57 PM.
#4483721 - 07/22/19 02:38 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
At the rate they push out any new content, it'll take decades to earn enough to use. Before they expire of course.

#4483744 - 07/22/19 06:28 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Yea, they expire in 3 years of course. Funny how they first give something for customers for supporting them, but still take it the reward away after a time period. "Here take some bonus points, but f off if you're not gonna give us more money while using them, it's not like we are trying to manipulate you to buy more, but we are."
I think it's safe to say that the ED hypermiles can't be used on items on sale either just like bonus points, so there's high probability that when you buy some modules, you most likely end up with ED supermiles which can't be used to anything.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4483762 - 07/22/19 09:33 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
This is by far one of the best improvements in dcs in the last decade

What are you all complaining about?
Lets embrace this move by ED as a step in the right direction.

#4483763 - 07/22/19 09:44 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Oh yes.. pardon me, I must have forgotten what priviledge and luxury it is for us consumers to gain access to most advanced methods to loose our money. Thank you ED, thank you so much my loved ones. Luv ya puss puss.

#4483779 - 07/22/19 11:46 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
How many people here "threw money at the screen" and paid full price for the Harrier, hornet, F-14 and any other module the moment it dropped on the DCS store page?

One bloke here bought the F-14 and was buying a 2nd copy just to support Heatblur's future projects.

I find it fascinating that the majority of consumers purchase aircraft in early access. I got burnt once by a developer and that was with the hawk.

Ed must have found a bean counter that figured out consumers are more than happy to 'throw money at the screen' the moment a new module goes on sale.

Take the F-16 for instance. Who here has purchased it already? Surely there are a few die hard fans that buy any POS just so the icons in their sim are in colour and not black and white.

The miles points are aimed at the die hard fans.

Not people like me who will wait 12 months or so after an aircraft is released and goes on sale. Like the harrier, I bought that module in December 2018, well after release and while it was on sale.

I don't own the F-14 and have not intention of buying it for another 6 months or so. When it goes on sale I will probably pick up a copy.

#4483837 - 07/23/19 04:29 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Given the fact that the old system had so many limitations in it that in practical terms customer could barely ever use it (with more and more people on ED forum voicing their opion about it recently), the new one IS actually step in the right direction, positioning it more in line with modern video gaming industry standards. Sure It took them 5 and a half years to realize old one probably wasn't thought through properly, but hey, better late than never.

- Couldn't use bonus points on prepurchase or sale items previously, now we can.
- Could lower the price only by 30% in old system (apart from rare 50% promo exceptions) previously, no limits now.
- Bonus points were expiring 1 year after last purchase (now great given the development time of products), 3 year deadline is clearly much more "useful".

We still don't know if 3rd parties will be eager to participate in the system or not (they usually don't nowadays), but for strictly ED-developed modules, it makes more sense now.

#4483838 - 07/23/19 04:49 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Art_J]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Art_J

Could lower the price only by 30% in old system (apart from rare 50% promo exceptions) previously, no limits now.

And earlier you got max 17% as bonus points, now 10% ... So when earlier you bought 60€ module you got instant 15€ bonus points = you paid 45€ -- now you pay 60€ module and get 6€ = you paid 54€, but no problem you can another module for 60€. Weee!!! Now you already have 12€.... Do I really need to continue?

Originally Posted by Art_J

...new one IS actually step in the right direction...

WOW.. just WOW ....

This is the reason they changed the name of the bonuses, they didn't have balls to reduce bonus points because it would have been a war in forums then - they now 'wisely' took this route.

Unfortunately looks like it worked..

Last edited by IceecI; 07/23/19 05:30 PM.

#4483899 - 07/24/19 02:37 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
with this points scheme, to make it worth while, the die hards will need to purchase any 10 modules at full price to get their 'free' module. Look at the store page, that means the YAK and Christian Eagle.

Combined Arms needs an overhaul to add to the module base.

If Combined Arms had steel beast like modules for M1A1 etc that would be something I would invest in.

The release of aircraft is too slow to use the points in 3 years.

Wags mentioned development of the hornet in 2014. Yet is was years before release.

#4484016 - 07/24/19 11:51 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Winfield]  
SinCityJet Offline
SinCityJet  Offline

Originally Posted by Winfield

Combined Arms needs an overhaul to add to the module base.

If Combined Arms had steel beast like modules for M1A1 etc that would be something I would invest in.

Amazingly enough, Combined Arms doesn't contain the S-300 or the cutting edge S-400 anti-aircraft missile system Turkey has been given by Russia.

Patriot missile is fully modeled.

#4484934 - 08/02/19 07:41 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Campaign museum relic dev Apache600 is not participating in the miles program. That Pos campaign flop undoubtedly is the reason. No one would be dumb enough to waste miles points on a worthless campaign like that one. This 3rd party developer needs all the money he can get to scrape by due to the fail that campaign was. Yet it got rave review from the die hard fans who just buy anything to keep the squares in colour.

That relic camapaign or whatever the developer's wasted time was spent building it proves his a tight arse IMO. That and the lack of sales of this campaign show the developer doesn't want to be a part of the miles system as he knows how dissatisfied consumers would be after purchase.

ED should just stop employing 10 year old kids to build campaigns.

Or perhaps......stop taking on any one who proposes a campaign that is completely unrealistic and just a heap of crap.

As more 3rd parties are added to the list, I will be sure thank them for their community service

#4485129 - 08/05/19 02:52 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Apache600 Offline
Apache600  Offline

Sacramento, CA
@ Winfield. Your post disgracing me and the effort that I put into this campaign is beyond distasteful. If you don't like it, say so and leave it at that. But to drag me through the mud, and come up with accusations as to why I'm not participating in the Miles program is pathetic. And here you're claiming that I'm the 10 year old? You don't know the particulars the Miles program has on the developers, and you have no idea of any of the sales numbers, so how are you even coming up with these outlandish claims?
To say that only "die hard fans" like my work, check again. This campaign usually ranks near the top of the most liked DLC campaigns when people ask about good products that are on the market. This was one of the very first 3rd party DLC campaigns to release, well before "WWII assets" was even a thing. How would you have made something for the MiG-15 and F-86 to do for those who enjoy single player stories, with only modern day units at their disposal?
As for your comment on community service, why don't you just keep it to yourself. Because again you have no ground to stand on, and you don't know any of the contract particulars. Many of us developers have released things to the community for free. As an example, I have guides and checklists for numerous aircraft on the forums, as well as HOTAS set ups for people who share the same joystick as I. But to top all of that, I also have a slew of single and multiplayer missions that I've spent hundreds of hours on that are available for free download to anyone in the community, with even more in the pipeline to come.
So before you start slandering myself and others, take a step back and ask yourself what have you done to contribute to the community.

#4485133 - 08/05/19 06:27 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Apache600

I understand where you're coming from, but Winfield's harsh criticism and sarchasm wasn't directed at your community efforts that are free. Once you start selling your work for money then all bets are off so to speak. Anyone that's been in the simming world for any length of time knows devs are going to be criticized for products they sell...period. It's the way it's always been. You have to have some thick skin once you start selling a product .

Last edited by Force10; 08/05/19 06:27 AM.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4485135 - 08/05/19 07:04 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Apache600]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by Apache600
[...]

Don't waste your time, m8. Companies have made studies about the Winfield type of dissatisfied customers and the consensus is always that when customer support engages with them in any way, be that an attempt of being contructive or otherwise, it only makes things worse. I repeat, there is nothing you can do here to make things better. You could release the best campaign in flight simulation history and some people will find a way to #%&*$# all over it. I won't tell you to ignore SimHQ but you're a smart individual, you can draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by Sobek; 08/05/19 07:20 AM.
#4485145 - 08/05/19 10:49 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Apache600]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Apache600
@ Winfield. Your post disgracing me and the effort that I put into this campaign is beyond distasteful. If you don't like it, say so and leave it at that. But to drag me through the mud, and come up with accusations as to why I'm not participating in the Miles program is pathetic. And here you're claiming that I'm the 10 year old? You don't know the particulars the Miles program has on the developers, and you have no idea of any of the sales numbers, so how are you even coming up with these outlandish claims?
To say that only "die hard fans" like my work, check again. This campaign usually ranks near the top of the most liked DLC campaigns when people ask about good products that are on the market. This was one of the very first 3rd party DLC campaigns to release, well before "WWII assets" was even a thing. How would you have made something for the MiG-15 and F-86 to do for those who enjoy single player stories, with only modern day units at their disposal?
As for your comment on community service, why don't you just keep it to yourself. Because again you have no ground to stand on, and you don't know any of the contract particulars. Many of us developers have released things to the community for free. As an example, I have guides and checklists for numerous aircraft on the forums, as well as HOTAS set ups for people who share the same joystick as I. But to top all of that, I also have a slew of single and multiplayer missions that I've spent hundreds of hours on that are available for free download to anyone in the community, with even more in the pipeline to come.
So before you start slandering myself and others, take a step back and ask yourself what have you done to contribute to the community.

[Linked Image]

well that's one way to make an entrance after 2 years lost in the abyss....only took 3 days, but who said these 'Winfield types' don't draw a crowd?. Even Sobek makes the long awaited return to SimHQ after more than 12 months. Then perhaps begins by punching 'mudspike' as the SimHQ account password only to just figure out that his in another forum...on another website.

there is no rainbow over these parts, no shelter to hide under and you are free to criticize the work. All while the resident snitch reports back to Nine Line whining that they have been hard done by, like SkateZillar did when he used to come here bible bashing us 'Winfielder's" as Sobek so kindly relegated the name to people who criticize the 'paid work' of those who tow the ED line. you know? people like Apache600 and the merry band of ED's cohorts.

[Linked Image]

basically that image sums it up, and get's his posting rights suspended for venting his frustration at a campaign that is "just awful"

here's another gem.

[Linked Image]

Look as the merry band of cohorts chime in defending the campaign
most of which have come here to SimHQ preaching in the past.

yet like every member who speaks out of line at ED, once the warning points are issued and a PM from Nine Line etc is sent, informing the member why the warning is issued. The member finishes on a good note to keep in good standing. As is blatantly obvious in that very thread bagging out that flop of a campaign you are selling. Now you come here complaining how hard done by you are by ED? that's laughable.

You don't know the particulars the Miles program has on the developers

this is what I do know, 3rd parties like yourself want 100% of the profits, hence the tight arse comment. I really don't care for the particulars, the fact still stands. As it will when the next 3rd party dev is added to the list.

I'm a product tester. I test products and then openly review them with out the rainbows. That is my contribution to the community.

However, I will apologise for the 10 year old comment, you are right, that one was out of line.

#4485188 - 08/05/19 04:19 PM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Sobek]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Sobek

I won't tell you to ignore SimHQ but you're a smart individual, you can draw your own conclusions.

Weirdly enough, the SimHQ also has forums which are about other games which haven't received such a dirt which DCS has, perhaps there might be some legitimate reason behind it, no? But you're a smart person, you may draw your own conclusions and figure it out.

P.S. Nice comeback and first thing you do is come characterize others which I'm sure make you feel better about yourself.

#4485889 - 08/12/19 09:42 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Campaign builder's who sell their work under ED's license conditions, personally should be forced to accept the new scheme. They built their 'campaign' within ED's simulation, not like a 3rd party module maker like Heatblur and the like who produced their product externally, I find it intriguing that Apache600 comes here ranting on about his campaign release 'well before ww2 assets was even a thing' only to now decide that he won't be part of the miles system. 3rd parties signed an agreement with ED and that agreement should state that if ED change the goal posts and offer specials on campaigns and modules then the 3rd party accepts the loss of money. Xplane store has been doing this for years and Carenado and the likes don't jump on the boycott bandwagon.

Build a few more campaigns and perhaps have the older ones on the miles scheme. This 10 year wait between campaigns from Apache600 and not being a part of the miles scheme is laughable. Heatblur have done the same with the F-14 and the sales offered by ED. Yes it is a relatively new module and I am happy to wait for it to go on sale when it does. Boycotting the miles scheme because you released 1 campaign 5 years ago and then not wanting to be a part of the scheme to me, honestly Apache600 and Co deserve all the flack that comes of it.

I have $12 from the old bonus system that I have not been able to use for 2 years but you don't see me complaining that I won't be able to spend it.

As I have said in this very thread, the miles system is a good thing. Yes it will only be suitable for the die hard's who 'one day buy' any module put forth or buy full priced modules, however it is better the old system for those who accumulate bonus points then never get to use them.

#4485900 - 08/12/19 10:54 AM Re: ED miles system starting soon [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Sobek
I won't tell you to ignore SimHQ but you're a smart individual, you can draw your own conclusions.

I like this thread over on mudspikes side of the fence

keep the ball in your own yard

Even pc pilot's very own paid contributor with biased views of DCS has a spat and goes against his own forum rules in a couple of the comments.

[Linked Image]

but it just get's better. You see, mudpike prides them selves on being "cleaner and doing things better than SimHQ, yet that thread shows the grass is actually drier on the other side of the fence....Look as they all whinge and go against their own forum rules of "always being civil"

[Linked Image]

god help those if you dare sign up as a member and expect anything different.

[Linked Image]

seriously? stay classy mudspike.... "we believe in civilized community behavior at all times"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.