Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4482247 - 07/10/19 12:09 PM MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
Anyone else following MotoGP? I have been fan for ages and feel blessed to be able to experience Rossi in his prime and now Marc Marquez at the top of his game (MotoGP class champion 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018). He looks to be on course for his 6th MotoGP championship this year. Impressive, hard work from the rider.

At the German GP last weekend Marquez made the "perfect 10." For the past 10 years at the Sachsenring circuit he has been on pole position and won his class race.

The King of the Ring

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4482351 - 07/11/19 04:17 AM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Patrocles]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

I followed it religiously until they canned the last of the 2 strokes, pricing the privater out of the competition. I wonder if any of these kids could tame a 'Big Bang' V4.

wink Oh well, Get off my lawn kid.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4482675 - 07/13/19 05:11 PM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Brit44 'Aldo']  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
I followed it religiously until they canned the last of the 2 strokes, pricing the privater out of the competition. I wonder if any of these kids could tame a 'Big Bang' V4.

wink Oh well, Get off my lawn kid.

My word! how old are you? I have seen a few documentaries on MotoGP and they state the last privateer to even win a grandprix was like 40 years ago. It has been pretty clear for the past 30 - 40 years or more that with increased costs and competition that privateers were never going to do much against well-funded factory teams and factory satellite teams. did you get to see "king kenny" (Kenny Roberts 3-time world grandprix champion) take on Barry Sheene (2-time world grandprix champion)? from the clips and descriptions it sounded like a clash of giants when these two were going at it over several years.

Interesting how you bring up the old 2-strokes. I have seen many comments by Kenny Roberts, Mick Doohan (5-time world grandprix champion 1994-1998, still working/supporting Honda and Marc Marquez), Rossi (9-time world champion, my favorite rider and the "old man" still racing at 40years of age!) when asked if riders of today could adapt to older machinery. All of them say the riders of today on their 4-strokes, ECUs, traction control bikes are extremely motivated mentally and physically and would easily adapt to the older 2-strokes. And for those out there who think traction control is for babies all of these older riders said they would use TC without hesitation to at least avoid or reduce the number of dangerous high side crashes alone! LOL

Forza Rossi! cowboy

I would have loved to see Mick Doohan in his prime racing!
5-time grandprix champion meets 5-time grandprix champion

#4482833 - 07/15/19 12:34 AM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Patrocles]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
Very impressive, indeed! Being from Kentucky I was a 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden fan. I only live a couple of hours away from his family's town. With all due respect those bike racers are 'crazy'!

#4482987 - 07/16/19 04:33 AM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Patrocles]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

My word! how old are you?

I am old enough to have been lapped (in a sprint race) by a couple of kids named Hayden (#69 & #13) in 1994 at Gratten MI (CCS light weight twins) . I think they were 11 and 13 at the time.

4 stroke only GP racing is nothing more then WSB, or even less then. I prefer two separate series that allow the manufacturers to push the limits of technology. It is true that the premier class will never be privateer friendly, but I would have liked to see Moto2 a mix of 250 2t against non spec 600 4t and Moto3 stay with the 125s for cost reasons. It costs twice as much to develop and maintain a racing 4t. Modern 4t are not the forgiving XR 600s.

To counter this, FIM made Moto2 a "spec" series, utilizing a single engine provider. The FIM has chosen "spec racing" to keep the cost down and crush 2t. I would still like to see a study for the carbon footprint (from manufacturing through crushing) of a titanium valved 4t compared to a same CC 2t using modern, biodegradable 2t oil.

I just billed out 2 YZF450 rebuilds and 2 CR 125 rebuilds. The YZF rebuilds were each engine only (engine cases had to be replaced). Both were in excess of 2K and required no transmission gears or clutch parts. One CR was a top end with new Honda cylinder ($675) (serious cold seizure, owner is a squid frown I just went through this entire bike last year when he purchased it) The other CR is rebuilt crank, new piston-main bearings-gaskets-seals, complete trans cluster (used), new linkage bearings, new wheel bearings for Talon hubs, swing arm assembly (used with good bearings, chain slider and flawless chain adjuster threads ( lucky find on Ebay)), and god knows how many miss matched bolts replaced. The cost of this this CR is under 1800.

Fortunately for the world, no one cares what I think biggrin 2 Stroke, using biodegradable oil, RULEZ . Forgive me that I do not see the world the same as you do. smile This has been a civil exchange of ideas. Thank you, it seems hard to find on the interweb.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4482997 - 07/16/19 11:20 AM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Patrocles]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Not really followed the MotoGP scene since the demise of the 2stroke.
Most of my bikes have been 2 stroke, singles, twins, triple, never had a 4 cylinder 2t tho, but always have desired an RG500.

Loved my IT465 single, was a great bike and had many happy miles on it on and off road and on track too.

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4483101 - 07/17/19 02:16 PM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Brit44 'Aldo']  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
Wow! you are old! awesome that you were able to "race" against the Haydens
RIP Nicky!

The MotoGP is a technical showcase series similar to F1 (forget the more exact term). If one thinks that it is identical to other series then they might as well say F1/F2/F3 is nothing more than GT4 or WTRC racing.

Yes, MotoGP works to keep costs down in Moto3 and Moto2 to allow more manufacturers to enter and to keep a large talent pool of riders. otherwise you get in a situation like F1 where you have one or two manufacturer outspending the rest and dominating the series. Yes, Marquez is the dominant rider at the moment, but the racing is much closer in MotoGP than F1 and at least 4 manufacturers are making regular stops on the podium. The close racing in all 3 series really shines these past few years.

Enjoy your lawn and rebuilds! thumbsup
Cheers!

Forza Rossi!!!! cowboy

Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
My word! how old are you?

I am old enough to have been lapped (in a sprint race) by a couple of kids named Hayden (#69 & #13) in 1994 at Gratten MI (CCS light weight twins) . I think they were 11 and 13 at the time.

4 stroke only GP racing is nothing more then WSB, or even less then. I prefer two separate series that allow the manufacturers to push the limits of technology. It is true that the premier class will never be privateer friendly, but I would have liked to see Moto2 a mix of 250 2t against non spec 600 4t and Moto3 stay with the 125s for cost reasons. It costs twice as much to develop and maintain a racing 4t. Modern 4t are not the forgiving XR 600s.

To counter this, FIM made Moto2 a "spec" series, utilizing a single engine provider. The FIM has chosen "spec racing" to keep the cost down and crush 2t. I would still like to see a study for the carbon footprint (from manufacturing through crushing) of a titanium valved 4t compared to a same CC 2t using modern, biodegradable 2t oil.

I just billed out 2 YZF450 rebuilds and 2 CR 125 rebuilds. The YZF rebuilds were each engine only (engine cases had to be replaced). Both were in excess of 2K and required no transmission gears or clutch parts. One CR was a top end with new Honda cylinder ($675) (serious cold seizure, owner is a squid frown I just went through this entire bike last year when he purchased it) The other CR is rebuilt crank, new piston-main bearings-gaskets-seals, complete trans cluster (used), new linkage bearings, new wheel bearings for Talon hubs, swing arm assembly (used with good bearings, chain slider and flawless chain adjuster threads ( lucky find on Ebay)), and god knows how many miss matched bolts replaced. The cost of this this CR is under 1800.

Fortunately for the world, no one cares what I think biggrin 2 Stroke, using biodegradable oil, RULEZ . Forgive me that I do not see the world the same as you do. smile This has been a civil exchange of ideas. Thank you, it seems hard to find on the interweb.

#4483136 - 07/17/19 07:06 PM Re: MotoGP rider Marc Marquez makes it a perfect 10 [Re: Patrocles]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
I had forgotten that N Hayden had been hit by a car while riding his bicycle in Italy.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.