Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4481720 - 07/06/19 06:30 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi
Originally Posted by Force10

Some people only see what they want to see.

Oh the irony winkngrin

The saltiness in this forum is absolutely hilarious biggrin

More to the point,this thread is not nearly as salty as this post .....

never mind, this is not worth my time.

Back to being a browser and not a poster

pity salt ridden member's do not stay true to their word.

Here are a few more 'salty' examples from that same thread

Originally Posted by - Ice
Haha... nice try Krupi. I'm waiting to see what you have to say regarding my response to your posts. I'm hoping the delay is just you formulating your reply and not avoiding it altogether.

I mean seriously what kind of response is that, I don't have anything to formulate I have said my piece.

No need to be so confrontational

or another salt ridden post that holds no merit other than salt

I have to say the attitude on these forums in regards to DCS stinks...

I have been banned from the forum a few times from heat of the moment stuff, aggravating? Yes incredibly so however if I am honest a lot of the post I got banned for did go against the rules, of course when people are so passionate about something then of course there will be times things get a bit personal and I do wish they were still a bit more lenient.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that all the banned posters now come over here to vent creating an incredibly toxic atmosphere... so much so that I have pretty much abandoned SimHQ for anything to do with DCS so now only check out the cockpit threads. The angry, sanctimonious dare I say (almost to the point of conspiracy theory, this is going to be al jazeera's latest story ;)), posts I have seen made here do make me think that perhaps the DCS forums are a better place without these people.

End of the day has Sithspawn & Co pissed in my cornflakes, yes a few times, however if I am 100% honest here in retrospects 80% of these times I deserved 24 hour ban to cool down simply because I am guilty of breaking this law... "venting when done in a mature, constructive manner"

Now I am sure some of you guys are going to break that law in your reply to me, however that law doesn't appear to apply here so go ahead... I have said my piece though I doubt anybody will really take much heed of it.

P.S. Before he started his "Witch hunt" as some of you seen to describe it I had spoken with Sithspawn quite a lot and he come off as a nice chap. I wish the mods would send a personal message before they got the ban hammer out, however I imagine that there is a lot of fires going on and a personal approach might not be so easy especially with repeat offenders.

the salt doesn't stop in the DCS forums.....salty posts are in every thread, not just DCS. Tell me i'm wrong?

.some other crap

I really wouldn't take the moaning on the forums as a 100% realistic view of the game the AI has being improved the game for me at least.

we know it's salty when the admin moderates the post

ADMIN EDIT: Keep the personal attacks out.

that's just a couple of the salty posts outside of the thread

**note**

posted for relevance defining salty posts.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4486555 - 08/18/19 08:03 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
How good is this weeks newsletter?
win a flight with non other than E.D Lemon

age is restricted to under 18 years of age. Donate the $20 to enter the draw for your chance to win a flight with non other than DCS's test pilot.
anyone over 35 just wouldn't bother wasting their time.

I would enter but i'm too old.

Yet, I love the snippet from Doug "dammit it chappy, i'm doing it my way"

nothing like a bit of iron eagle to get them teeny boppers pumped up....and Sobek for that matter who probably makes the age cut and never saw the movie.

in other words, this will get 'em fired up for the dogfight.

#4486556 - 08/18/19 08:18 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

My favorite part of the letter definately was this: "Not only will there be the correct names and CVN numbers, but we also plan unique textures and deck weathering for each ship!"

I'm so excited, working on correct CVN numbers must have been a lot of work, not to mention weathering to not just one, but each ship!

Last edited by IceecI; 08/18/19 08:19 AM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4486557 - 08/18/19 08:32 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
My favorite part of the letter definately was this: "Not only will there be the correct names and CVN numbers, but we also plan unique textures and deck weathering for each ship!"

I'm so excited, working on correct CVN numbers must have been a lot of work, not to mention weathering to not just one, but each ship!

I can't wait till they update combined arms as human controlled carriers just so I can drop the anchor and imagine it doing this.

I'll just be raising and lowering the anchor in every server I am not banned on for the duration of my time.

If ever combined arms is updated to be as realistic with the ships as they are with aircraft, I will create a campaign where you need to stop the anchor chain from going past red shot in every port on caucus then you move on to Persian Gulf.

Being a part of the ED miles system when my campaign is released, those that would have liked to get Apache600's campaign for 'free', have no fear. They can use their miles points on my campaign, the catch is....every time user's spend their miles points on my campaign, rest assured that I will be more than happy to let Apache600 know what he is missing out on being a part of ED's new miles system.

Iceecl, will you be on board as a campaign tester when ships are updated to be as realistic as the aircraft? happy to donate a key on completion of the campaign testing.

#4486561 - 08/18/19 10:27 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
who could forget "doug, your coming up on SimHQ face....that's where Sobek and Bisher bought it" ah the memories.

#4486563 - 08/18/19 10:48 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Yes, I will be the tester gladly, I'll do the proper tests and ensure that the campaign works correctly, just like ED does.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4486565 - 08/18/19 10:57 AM Re: Just when you thought ED couldn't go any lower..... [Re: IceecI]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by IceecI
Yes, I will be the tester gladly, I'll do the proper tests and ensure that the campaign works correctly, just like ED does.

i'll release it as an Alpha with the main bug of not being able to finish the campaign because the anchor won't drop and then whinge and gripe about the 'anchor bug' in the forums and every where else, much like VEAO did with the landing bug.

employing Tango is a top priority to get this campaign off the ground and into the hands of those with hard earned miles points.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.