Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4478202 - 06/15/19 05:37 AM GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother)  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

There's been some recent talk of motorcycle games here.

If you like that, and like SIMULATIONS, this is the holy grail.

There's a free demo.

It's NOT easy at first. You need a proportional throttle. I'm using (I know this sounds crazy) an Xbox 360 controller, best throttle trigger for the masses...

Stick with automatic transmission at first, and external view. Then progress to the ONLY real motorcycle simulator that works in COCKPIT view...

This is total SimHQ niche market. Buying the game only gets you a few extra bikes, no additional tracks. There's a mod community that does that, but then you have "matching issues" like in days of old...

I suggest running stock, with a buddy or two, and going from there (or you can go all out and deal with all that).

I've been riding since 1987, owned 8 bikes, been messing with bike games since 1998, and this is THE BOMB.

They also have a dirtbike game - very tough to start with. I haven't bought it yet, still using demo. For that you want MANUAL transmission. Don't even bother with this unless you really want to simulate dirt biking. Very tough.

Very hardcore, but very rewarding if you put the time into it...

Absolutely worthy of the title of SIMULATION, and around here that's what we do!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4478206 - 06/15/19 05:48 AM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Concerning the demo - you get a 125cc two stroke, and it's WAY more psycho than you can imagine...

If anyone is interested I'll share my gearing and suspension settings here...

I have the gearing nailed, I'm not so sure about the suspension...

#4478210 - 06/15/19 07:54 AM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Concerning the demo - you get a 125cc two stroke, and it's WAY more psycho than you can imagine...

If anyone is interested I'll share my gearing and suspension settings here...

I have the gearing nailed, I'm not so sure about the suspension...

As in real life, first time on a CR125 crosser the throttle was more like a switch than a proportional throttle, it was either full power or off biggrin

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4478235 - 06/15/19 02:17 PM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
Mark Aisthorpe Offline
Crazy Courier
Mark Aisthorpe  Offline
Crazy Courier

London UK
Your not kidding when you say its a hardcore simulation, there's not even a hint of arcade racer in this thing.
Oh and you forgot to mention the native VR support. I'm glad I'm one of the luck ones that doesn't suffer form any VR motion sickness, even if your a bit sensitive this one is pretty much guaranteed to make you hurl smile
I haven't managed to complete a lap yet without crashing but its just a matter of practice, practice, practice I guess.
The bike reset is a bit of a pain as it just puts you back on the bike wherever you dropped it and whichever way it ended up pointing so you still have to find your way back onto the track.

Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
#4478265 - 06/15/19 07:48 PM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Mark Aisthorpe]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Originally Posted by Mark Aisthorpe
Your not kidding when you say its a hardcore simulation, there's not even a hint of arcade racer in this thing.
Oh and you forgot to mention the native VR support. I'm glad I'm one of the luck ones that doesn't suffer form any VR motion sickness, even if your a bit sensitive this one is pretty much guaranteed to make you hurl smile
I haven't managed to complete a lap yet without crashing but its just a matter of practice, practice, practice I guess.
The bike reset is a bit of a pain as it just puts you back on the bike wherever you dropped it and whichever way it ended up pointing so you still have to find your way back onto the track.

Bike reset - HOLD whatever button you use for that and it'll put the bike back on the track. Then from there sometimes it's good to use the WALK function to line the bike up for a full throttle launch.

I say full throttle launch because this simulation is just insanely difficult at low speeds, it actually gets easier the faster you go...

And man, if you think THIS is hard try the dirtbike game! THAT took a lot of effort and configuring for me to learn, and I still suck at it! But it's way fun once you start getting it...

#4478270 - 06/15/19 08:08 PM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Tip for anyone - try lowering the gearing all the way while getting used to the bike. Really helps with not crashing at low speeds.

#4478465 - 06/17/19 08:54 AM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

This video explains (to riders) why if you've never ridden you won't get it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNBM9BxDho

If you've never ridden you simply will not understand the control reversals that happen here...

NOTE - this doesn't work this way by default, indeed I operate it with a game controller, no countersteering, and no transition from low speed "normal steering" to countersteering...

I have a ways to go to truly extract the potential here - but it's MY "potential", not "game potential", IT is already HERE...

#4478482 - 06/17/19 12:10 PM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I liked the physics when I tried it, but offline with no AI, limited track choices and GFX it didn't hold my attention. Now, if they could put these physics into the milestone game...

#4478591 - 06/18/19 03:13 AM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
I liked the physics when I tried it, but offline with no AI, limited track choices and GFX it didn't hold my attention. Now, if they could put these physics into the milestone game...

Like I said in the title - this isn't something that'll impress people who aren't seriously into real motorcycles - having real world track experience is really the best perspective to appreciate it from...

This is a hardcore motorcycle simulator. I have a buddy (who I've done real track racing with) who'd jump all over this, but he lives way up in the mountains and has a satellite internet connection. Useless. We also used to meet up and LAN up in the past for many racing games, but the driving distance and work schedules we have nowadays make that almost impossible...

I was kind of hoping to maybe stir up some interest around here - running straight vanilla install so no "matching issues", even if it's just a couple people...

But this is a VERY niche thing, I'd say more so than flight simulators...

#4478619 - 06/18/19 08:26 AM Re: GP Bikes - PiBoSo (If you don't ride don't bother) [Re: Zamzow]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Like I said in the title - this isn't something that'll impress people who aren't seriously into real motorcycles - having real world track experience is really the best perspective to appreciate it from...

My Daytona 675 has more track milage on it than road milage wink

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.