Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4477596 - 06/11/19 02:08 PM Re: EAWpro flickering win7 [Re: flightsimer90s]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
I am happy to agree with VBH whilst wearing my UAW160 programmer's hat smile
However, when I wear my EAWPro user's hat I would reserve the right to post in his threads, of course without reference to 160.

Along that line I would ask VBH to release the version that he posted about which has the menu fix for faster computers. Single mission set-up requires unreasonable patience on my PC wink

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4477600 - 06/11/19 02:16 PM Re: EAWpro flickering win7 [Re: flightsimer90s]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Nobody raised issues with it because it was not publically announced, except for the v1.60 sticky, which I think you knew I wouldn't visit because of my lack of interest in it. I did however visit it not too long ago and made a point of it as far as I recall. I just couldn't turn the thumbscrews on in fear of getting kicked off the forum. I will not do that now either but let it be known that I do not agree with such behaviour. If I recall Mark and I discussed our options and he's been aware of it too but I adviced him to leave it to me, in fact it was him who pointed it out to me. I was under the illusion that you had agreed to stay away from my work.

I'm not ready for a release yet, I'm sorry. The new EXE is currently under Beta testing by a few friends and selected players.

VonBeerhofen.

#4477717 - 06/12/19 10:01 AM Re: EAWpro flickering win7 [Re: Rotton50]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by Rotton50
Ugh is used in writing to represent the sound that people make if they think something is unpleasant.

Don’t be coy. That bit was wasted. What was your ugh directed at ?

Coy?

Try the opposite of coy.

Clearly, I was voicing my opinion on the direction of the thread and within the confines of the written word, doing so in a most non-confrontational manner. No, it wasn’t clear. It was very possible that you were expressing displeasure about what the poster said before that ugh. Things were not going well and your comment did nothing to ease the situation and possibly harmful. I was trying to understand what you were getting at. You created the issue by not being clear.

Now stop gnawing the bone. You just can’t help raising the temperature can you ? Give some thought as to who is gnawing the bone . You could have simply answered my question without the drama.

PS - I'm fully aware that it's dangerous to have a disagreement with someone who has the power to suspend you but really, this needed to be said. Let the chips fall where they may. Then don’t throw yours all over the table.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 06/12/19 11:14 AM.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4478221 - 06/15/19 10:56 AM Re: EAWpro flickering win7 [Re: flightsimer90s]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
OG, please stop writing in my posts.

You see, I don't visit this member's posts except to check for misinformation so when you write in MY post I won't know it when I scan the main page to see who's the last person to post in a thread. It looks like I'm the last one when actually you're the last one. I have to enter the post to see you comments.

In this case another member alerted me to your escalation.

FWIW, I disagree with your assessment. I was certainly clear, within the confines of the written word, that I was voicing my dissatisfaction with the direction of another thread. I didn't place blame nor fan any flames.

Further discussion should be through PM's.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4478225 - 06/15/19 11:57 AM Re: EAWpro flickering win7 [Re: flightsimer90s]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Then you should have PM’d me.

Are you confused ? I am a moderator. I will write in posts when I decide. That isn’t your call.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.