Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 51 of 51 1 2 49 50 51
#4475472 - 05/25/19 07:55 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Simes Offline
Simes  Offline

Cheshire, UK
There are a few aircraft which are not in the game at the moment but were produced in significant numbers to warrant inclusion. These may well have been mentioned in previous replies but by adding them here adds 'weight' to having them included in the game.

Voisin pusher - several kills were scored flying them, including Nungesser's. Not to mention their use as bombers.

Morane 'N' (Bullet) - actually not made in massive numbers but they changed the air war totally in 1915.

Vickers FB5 - used in large numbers through 1915 and into 1916.

Albatross two seaters - used in large numbers by Central forces.

Halberstadt ground attack aircraft - as above.

Cheers

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour." Cecil Lewis
#4475523 - 05/26/19 02:15 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Simes]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

I enjoy playing around with the skins and usually make some modification to the stock skin for any new squadron or Jasta I join. I also try to make sure that I have some sort of guess for a skin for each of the aces in the unit, whether historical evidence exists for it or not.

I would like to see a capability for adding a designation like Vet or vet instead of ace for skins I could assign temporarily for the vet flyers in the unit for as long as they last. This, instead of having a significant number of planes with only the generic unit marking.

Last edited by jerbear; 05/26/19 02:15 PM.
#4479627 - 06/23/19 06:32 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: jerbear]  
Fenin Offline
Fenin  Offline

USA
Gotta make a first post eventually, might as well put it here. For me, a total overhaul of the recon 'mission' idea would be great. I for one really enjoy the early war scene of reconnoitering/recording where artillery falls but it all feels so empty.

A system using the 'bombsight' view with a camera button that takes a screenshot and applies some graphical tweaks to it to give it the appearance of being a period photo would be neat. Combine that with an in game system that keeps track of how many photos you take (and maybe even records how many enemy units were visible in the photo to give a score towards promotion perhaps?) I'm not a coder, but I've dabbled enough to know that wouldn't be very easy most likely. It is a wishlist tho, so I'll wish. smile

On top of that I'd love to see an addition of a simple pop up radio stack (I know, very immersion breaking) so that you can enter in the radio freq for the artillery doing the firing and help them aim their shelling using morse code or some such.

Of course, to go with that. More recon kites! Especially the Albatros ones.

#4480018 - 12 hours ago Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Fenin]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Good suggestions, and a belated welcome, Fenin!

..."I took the Stutter Challenge....AND WON!!!"

...”My PC’s been banned... for taking PEDs!!!”

...”The stutters only happen on Wednesdays when it’s cloudy. The rest of the time we’ll be just fine!!!”
#4480023 - 10 hours ago Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Simes Offline
Simes  Offline

Cheshire, UK
I think what could really do with updating is the 'medal award' system. The awarding of duplicate medals (as opposed to medals 'with bar' as it should be) and medals being missed out all together does diminish the immersion a bit.

I would hope to correct this would be a fairly simple tinkering of already written code, as opposed to the far more difficult and time consuming task of adding all these aircraft we keep mentioning.

Flying wise, WOFF is way out there in terms of realism and immersion, so it's a shame to have any of that diminished at all by a wonky awards system.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour." Cecil Lewis
Page 51 of 51 1 2 49 50 51

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Snakes in the apartment
by KraziKanuK. 06/26/19 05:53 PM
«The Cold Blue,» 8th AF documentary
by semmern. 06/26/19 12:46 PM