Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4474189 - 05/15/19 01:06 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Spent some time last night working on the FDL. Finished G5 on shields, beams, and several boosters. Took a look at this thread to see how far it's come. Looking at my posts when I first bought one it's kinda quaint lol. Don't have the build handy (I wish we could export from Inara!), but it's considerably better now than it was a year ago when I was posting in this thread. Boosters have some work to be done yet, but it's now rocking Bi-Weaves in excess of 1500mj. With good, balanced resistances the protection is strong. I've added armor, and a GFSDB along the way.

Took it out last night for a quick romp in a RES. After flying the Courier exclusively in combat for the past couple of weeks, I had a great time with the superior firepower and no fear of collision.

I'll post the build at some point. Was thinking of adding a FSDI to it. Is a 1A FSDI any use? I still have the new slot free. But if a class 1 FSDI is mostly useless I won't bother.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4474244 - 05/15/19 10:54 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
And here it is.

Eagle Weslake

Good speed, shields and firepower. Integrity is plenty considering the shields are unlikely to ever be shot away, except maybe on assassinations or those sort of missions.. It's still under construction. Especially the shield boosters. The plan is to finish G5 on all of them, with thermal resistance experimental on those without one yet. If I follow each booster to fully modified it will be about 2,500 thermal HP which is plenty in PvE smile I'd like more balanced resistances but it will do for now.

Another thing I like about this build is the DPS is actually DPS. All of these weapons can be fired together continuously. Both medium multi-cannons have autoloader, and of course beams are non-stop. The big corrosive multi-cannon does need to reload. Builds that have rails, or frags, or PAs look impressive in Coriolis with high DPS numbers, but none of those weapons can be fired every second, which is why I think damage per minute ratings would be much more useful when talking about loadouts in Elite. Coriolis doesn't seem to factor in the corrosive bonus and ignores things like reloading and range.

Because it's a PvE build I can get away with a class 4 scoop and GFSDB. 30 jump in a FDL is a luxury that I cannot resist. Still undecided what I should do with the new size 1 slot. I mentioned the interdictor. I've never bothered with them much before, though I have tried them out. We were talking about pulling cargo ships out of supercruise for the mats, so was leaning toward trying this out. But I would guess that a class 1 would be pretty weak, meaning it would require such a short range and directly astern positioning that using it would prove frustrating, as you don't just hit boost to close the range in supercruise. Other possibilities are HRP/MRPs for a touch more protection. What else?

I am properly disappointed in the paint job choices on offer. I don't really like any of them. But I also didn't like the stock paint, so I bought the Tactical Pack and she sports graphite. Pretty nice, but I'd like something much more wild and colorful. FDev should put out an editor for us to play with. As they wouldn't care to lose the monetization, we should be able to submit it, they then make it for sale to you. I'd pay 5 bucks for that. 10 even. Like how you upload an image to a company online and they send you back a T-shirt with your dog on it.

#4474248 - 05/16/19 12:00 AM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No, scratch that bit about the boosters. Playing around in Coriolis I saw that the Thermo Block experimental is -1% shield strength and +2% thermal. But since the modification drops the shield strength, the bonus itself is on a slightly smaller number. So using it means something less than 2% thermal resistance boost. But if I simply slap super capacitors on all of them, the overall number increases by so much that all the lower resistances still result in much higher overall HP. So here is what they should look like when done. If I bother to find or trade for some Conductive Ceramics I can finish them tonight at Didi's.

Eagle Weslake with finished shields

I like the nice round number of 1600mj, And although I'd like to see at least 50% thermal, it's still more than enough in a RES or CZ I reckon. Just using super capacitors, instead (ironically) of the thermal mod on two or three boosters, increased thermal from 2,500 to 2,800mj and added about 70 absolute mj. I might at some point swap a booster out for something else, like a KWS. But I like shield tanks and I don't need more money so I might keep it this way too. The KWS would prove useful though if I mount the FSDI. Decisions, decisions.

I could also swap fast charge on the Bi-Weaves for Hi-cap. That would take them to nearly 1700mj with 3000 thermal. But at the cost of an extra minute of recharge. Since I don't expect to lose them, it might make sense to make this change too.

One more build then I am off to a mat trader. This is the FDL with Hi-cap instead of Fast Charge on the Bi-Weaves. And still a tick below 100% power (undersized G2 overcharged with thermal spread).

one more FDL

Last edited by DBond; 05/16/19 12:19 AM.

#4474284 - 05/16/19 11:37 AM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good morning. Another installment of my FDL build. This is where she stands now

Eagle Weslake

Swapped fast charge for hi-cap, and made progress on the boosters, but I had no exquisite focus crystals for G5 Thermal. I then spent some time hunting likely ships but got none. Did manage to get enough trade bait though.

I plan to swap Cluster Capacitors for Super Conduits on the PD, and finish the HRPs which are half-baked at the mo. I think I'll experiment with A sensors too. Just to see if I'm missing anything. According to my posts here my FDL was originally rocking around 700 mj, had 13 jump and boosted to 400! Engineering makes quite a difference doesn't it? smile

#4474344 - 05/16/19 06:19 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I conclude I have been shadow banned. Not a great development, but on the plus side I can say to all of you that your mother was a hamster and you'll never know I even said it. Mwuhaha

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Shadowban might make a good ship name.

#4474381 - 05/16/19 09:16 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Huh?

#4474382 - 05/16/19 09:30 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I was just making light of the fact I could see no replies. And I mixed in some Monty Python Holy Grail references.

#4474383 - 05/16/19 09:36 PM Re: Fer-de-Lance [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Ahh, comprende senor

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.