Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4470413 - 04/14/19 02:54 PM Feedback: Axis: Early mission finish, capture events and ground attacking  
ChiefWH Offline
ChiefWH  Offline

Hi,

I've been flying as Axis in my current campaign, a nice change, but there are a couple of things I would like to feedback if I may; admittedly I don't have too many hours in a 109 campaign so my experince may be a bit skewed:

1) I was doing a ground attack mission and ran out of ammo so I left formation and went home. When I finished the mission after landing all my squadron were lost, I assume because of their location when I finished the mission. In future I'll just set time skip to x12 and wait, but it would be nice if it could somehow be set so they are not all lost automatically (if that is what happened).

2) In another ground attack I crashed near the target and again all my squadron were set as missing, whilst I was an idiot who crashed, I would have thought the others would get back home, particularly as there were no enemy around.

3) When I go down in England (over land), I seem to be getting back to France both quickly and easily (took just 1 day on my last crashland and I've yet to have it game over), I would have thought getting home would be the exception rather than the rule (when over land in particular).

4) It feels a bit weird to be doing 109 ground attack sorties where the targets are buildings (or ships) and they are being attacked without bombs and still getting success.

5) The RAF doens't seem that interested in us strafing targets for several minutes which are in sight of their arfields!

No need to answer, am just providing feedback, sorry if it seems unfairly critical, I do really enjoy WoTR!

#4470437 - 04/14/19 06:15 PM Re: Feedback: Axis: Early mission finish, capture events and ground attacking [Re: ChiefWH]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes losing pilots if you quit early is a design choice. A player needs to decide if they have the time for a campaign mission and the consequences. If not then best to fly a Quick Combat or QS for the moment. You need to exit when you are at least half-way over the channel (there's a line on the map). If you crash leave it on 12X for a while maybe. This helps emphasize the care for your fellow pilots as well as yours.

3) If it bothers you just time advance for the period you think.

On 5) maybe there are no waiting flights to come for you, some may be already up attacking other flights. If you have lower settings in workshops that's one thing that will be worse. Increase the flights and especially turn on "On Alert Flights" in Workshops (known as GIA Ground Intercept Aircraft) then you may have more to intercept.

[Linked Image]

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4470482 - 04/15/19 09:43 AM Re: Feedback: Axis: Early mission finish, capture events and ground attacking [Re: ChiefWH]  
ChiefWH Offline
ChiefWH  Offline

Ah, thanks. Yes I have to have it on low activity because of my pc performance, I do have the two other settings switched on though. Sorry, I actually forget there's other stuff going on because I'm preconditioned by other games were there isn't! I can understand now and consider my flight's timing to be lucky/well planned.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.