Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4469720 - 04/10/19 02:01 AM Re: Mining Essentials? [Re: DBond]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
I'm loving the Void Opal gold rush... the greatest thing to me about it is that it affords the freedom of doing anything that I enjoy and not have to worry about stopping and scraping up credits to maintain. Don't get me wrong, the deep core mining is pretty fun, but I love running rescue missions into the burning stations, which doesn't pay that well, and just traveling around visiting points of interest in the lore. I was just out to the Cmdr Jameson crashed cobra site and listened to his voice acted logs to his son. With the codex, it's making the backstory more accessibly and the game more interesting... just more enjoyable in general.

------------
<Uh... put signature here... and stuff>
#4469759 - 04/10/19 11:53 AM Re: Mining Essentials? [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I agree on all points. I find the same thing - credits being more easy to acquire means I can try different options in the game with ships/fits/etc. The fact that core mining is enjoyable (even just the cruising-through-the-belt phase is cool visually!) is icing on the cake.

I also found the rescue missions enjoyable, and I use them to grind faction rep (got into the Corvette doing this, will work on the Cutter and Empire...eventually) or to gather materials for engineering. There is a good amount of those as mission rewards. They can also provide some harder to get commodities needed to unlock engineers.

I'm specifically thinking of the 25 modular terminals needed for Marco Qwent. I knew I could get them that way when it was time to unlock him, but I didn't expect to see the first mission I clicked on to have a 25 modular terminal reward! After taking that mission, I filled the rest of my passenger slots with missions offering materials rewards, made the trip to the rescue ship, and then headed to Sirius to unlock Qwent. Easy-peasy!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4476823 - 06/05/19 08:46 PM Re: Mining Essentials? [Re: DBond]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

If you ever plan to visit Colonia and unlock the engineers out there, it might help to bring a Pulse Wave Scanner along, as they seem to be scarce/unavailable out here and you need to mine 10 Osmium for one of them... It's not a mandatory piece of equipment, but it reduces a lot of the randomness in the process. Can also leave one in a station in the bubble of course, but shipment to Colonia will take 60h wink
With that said, shameless self-promotion: I arrived at Colonia last weekend!

Last edited by WhoCares; 06/06/19 07:58 AM.
#4476869 - 06/06/19 10:51 AM Re: Mining Essentials? [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Congratulations on the trip to Colonia! It’s on my to do list. I’m on an Elite break right now, having been sucked into Subnautica by a thread in the Community forum, but I’ll be back. I was thinking about doing some core mining soon, I can’t wait to spend a little more time in game with the Rift S. But then there’s DCS, and the new Battletech DLC, now Subnautica, and I’m still active in Eve....so many games, so little time!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4476888 - 06/06/19 02:15 PM Re: Mining Essentials? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's a cool thread at the Frontier forums thumbsup

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.