Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4469130 - 04/06/19 12:29 AM Fitting advice please!!  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I finally ranked up to Rear Admiral and I'll be picking up a Corvette when I get back to the bubble (I'm getting Guardian items to unlock the FSD and Shield Reinforcement).

I'd like to figure out a fitting so I can put it all together when I return. Here's the fitting I've been playing around with
https://s.orbis.zone/2ozz

Thanks in advance!!!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4469173 - 04/06/19 10:55 AM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
JC,
Looks like a good, solid combat build. I'd opt for an A rated sensor for the added range, but that's just my personal preference. You'll obviously need to engineer the PP and PD as you are way over %100 deployed.
Here's my build.
https://s.orbis.zone/2p28

#4469183 - 04/06/19 01:00 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Congrats on the promotion JC! That's awesome.

Bo would be one of the resident Vette experts. I've never flown it.

He's right about power of course. That's too much for the current PP. I find you can handle about 10% over limit through module priorities. A G2 Overcharged Power Plant would cover it.

I prefer D sensors myself. Lower weight and especially power which fits my builds. I can still lock up at 7.5 km on most ships. The real weakness of the D is against cool running ships. The A sensors resolve these better. At 7.5 km you can hardly see the target ship. I find A sensors overkill, and give me more targets to wade through. Not saying D is better, just what I prefer all things considered.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4469194 - 04/06/19 01:47 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
My build is somewhat less than optimal, I feel. My love of beams tends to let me down when it comes to chewing thru hulls, especially on the beefier ships. The only kinetic weapon I’ve mounted is a C3 multi. It’s in the almost useless bottom hard point. Used to run seekers there which alleviated the poor location somewhat. Lasers and multis are the standard and generally most efficient for most ships, I just find that boring. YMMV.

#4469201 - 04/06/19 01:58 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I need to branch out in to more exotic weapons myself. I'm all beams and MCs these days.

For the power plant I'd say go G2 overcharged with maybe Thermal Spread (or whatever experimental) This would increase output from 36 MW to 42.8. You'd be about 4% over limit deployed, but that's easily handled with priorities.

For power distributors all of my ships use Charge Enhanced with Cluster Capacitors.

#4469212 - 04/06/19 03:10 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I'm going to rethink the weapons with some added MC's probably. I usually lean toward beams, but I found this fit online and threw it on to see what the feedback would be like. I've made a few adjustments to get a little more armor punching
in it.

Still gonna have to go and unlock Marcus Qwent for the PP and PD engineering though.

https://s.orbis.zone/2p4_

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
-Robert Heinlein
#4469218 - 04/06/19 03:51 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Get like 6 million of exploration data and fly to a Sirius Corp controlled station. Turn in the data there, that will get you allied and get the system permit you need.

#4469224 - 04/06/19 04:57 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WingNuts01 Offline
WingNuts01  Offline

Huntington Beach, CA
Also consider a long range Kill warrant scanner to go with that long range sensor

i5-2500K @4.3gh
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb Mushkin PC3 1600
EVGA 760 4gb DDR5 2768 KR
CoolerMaster 922 Mesh 3x200mm, 2x140mm fans
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar BLK 500gb SATA 6gb
WD Caviar BLK 1TB SATA 6gb
Intel 730 Series 480GB SATA 6gb
OCZ ZX-850 Gold
Lite-On DVD Burner
27" Samsung 2770FH
Warthog #11118 Woot!!!
Sennheiser 360 Headphones
#4469226 - 04/06/19 05:00 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by DBond
Get like 6 million of exploration data and fly to a Sirius Corp controlled station. Turn in the data there, that will get you allied and get the system permit you need.

Looks like I’m going to do some ‘splorin’.....

-Robert Heinlein
#4469230 - 04/06/19 05:47 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's much faster than running missions for the faction. You'll also need Modular Terminals, so look for these. They are often a mission reward.

#4469239 - 04/06/19 06:49 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
The C4 hardpoints should be considered your main weapons, the others I considers secondaries. Don't think I've ever used bursts, so can't comment on those. As a rule, my priority is firepower, shields, then speed when I do a combat build. As for engineering priorities; FSD, PP, PD, thrusters, shields, then the utilities like scanners and shield boosters.

#4469257 - 04/06/19 08:41 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I use a C4 MC on the FDL. It's G5 Overcharged and I recently changed the experimental from autoloader to corrosive. It's a beast. Slow fire rate, but it doesn't suffer from spin-up time like the smaller multicannons.

I also had burst lasers on it. One with scramble spectrum and one with phase sequence. Those were replaced by efficient thermal vent beams. Burst lasers are pretty good. Better DPS than pulses. Took too long to strip shields (I only had those two bursts for lasers) so I swapped them out for the beams.

JC, I'd swap out those B sensors for As or Ds. That is one heavy module (and completely ridiculous FDev!)

#4469280 - 04/06/19 11:52 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Bursts seem to be the middle ground between the efficiency of pulses and the damage of beams. I think I'll start with this and if I feel the need I'll change the weapons around a bit.

Bo it looks like your engineering priorities are about what I figured for myself as well, glad for that confirmation.

As far as the modular components for Marco Qwent, I've had those offered a number of times as rewards when running station rescue missions, so looks like I'll be doing a couple more of those!

I know this popped up in an earlier thread, credit to WhoCares on it, but I've taken that idea of an engineer spreadsheet and made a google docs version of it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xMES1dBukZ9sbJXdroYvff-bj9AWKqBAb47eA1CyeS8/edit?usp=sharing

Copy it in to your google drive if you would like to edit it, I hope it comes in handy!

-Robert Heinlein
#4469496 - 04/08/19 12:21 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo

Looks like I’m going to do some ‘splorin’.....

Just coming back and going straight to a random exploration trip, I can say that it has never been easier to earn exploration credits. I actually don't know whether you can map ELWs/terraformables in the bubble, but I would expect that already a small distance from the bubble you should find systems with K-type main star that have not yet been discovered, or any A/F/G/K systems where terraformables have not yet been mapped - that should very quickly get you >6 million.

#4469508 - 04/08/19 03:08 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, it would take just three first-map, first discovery terraformable HMCs to hit 6 million. You can map any planet, bubble or not. The only question is if you get first-map credit. As WC is saying, you could knock this out in an hour or two if you find the right systems.

#4469510 - 04/08/19 03:35 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: DBond]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Yeah, it would take just three first-map, first discovery terraformable HMCs to hit 6 million. You can map any planet, bubble or not. The only question is if you get first-map credit. As WC is saying, you could knock this out in an hour or two if you find the right systems.

Indeed - don't know whether you have troubled yourself with unlocking Guardian technology, esp. the FSD booster and/or weapons to battle Thargoids. If not, you could combine you Quent unlock exploration with a little Guardian BP and materials collection run wink

#4469514 - 04/08/19 04:29 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Just got back from getting the mats for a couple of Guardian unlocks, and I've unlocked the shield module and FSD booster. Got Qwent unlocked quickly too using road to riches for the Sirius permit, then unlocked The Dweller and Lei Chung. So, I'm going to be busy farming mats for a few days I guess!

-Robert Heinlein
#4469517 - 04/08/19 05:36 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good gawd man, that was fast! Well done. That sure beat running a bunch of data deliveries to increase standing didn't it?

Those are two very useful engineers. You're cookin' now smile

#4469531 - 04/08/19 07:17 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
The rabbit hole just got deeper for you, JC!

#4469546 - 04/08/19 10:21 PM Re: Fitting advice please!! [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I was close to getting the permit for Sirius thanks to some rescues at one of their damaged stations, and I lucked out getting all the modular terminals in one mission.
The Dweller was likewise easy to unlock, and once I unlocked him The Lei Chung invite appeared as I was already qualified for his invite. So it happened quickly but it was really more like dominoes knocking each other over.

And yes, it appears to quite a rabbit hole! I’m looking the material list for evertything I’d like to do and it’s going to take some time get!

-Robert Heinlein
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.