Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4469430 - 04/07/19 10:14 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
My bad experience was with a women who had a Master's Degree in Psychology ( she even went on to get a Doctorate). She was very unstable. Later in life she had admitted that she herself had been diagnosed with several "issues". I always thought she suffered from "spoiled little rich girl" syndrome. When you are young, there is a certain amount of "crazy" that you can put up with. Once you get into your thirties, that number goes down to zero.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4469439 - 04/07/19 11:06 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: LB4LB]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted by LB4LB
My bad experience was with a women who had a Master's Degree in Psychology ( she even went on to get a Doctorate). She was very unstable.

Psychologists have proven that those working in the psychology field are vastly more likely to have psychological issues, probably because their condition draws them to the field. That's not to say that there are no sane people to be found in that field, its just that the rate of people with conditions is substantially higher than the population's average.

#4469440 - 04/07/19 11:07 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: CyBerkut]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Originally Posted by CyBerkut
If you really want out of the relationship, then stop relating to her. You don't have to be nasty or mean about it, but you owe it to yourself to be firm and final. Refrain from giving her any openings. Do not do, or say anything that she could interpret as still having a chance.

Exactly. Most "relationship problems" of this kind (and that includes stuff like children not disconnecting appropriatly from their parents, even if they are already 30+ with a family of their own - so not just romantic relationships) happen because *both* sides are somehow still in touch with the other, on some emotional level they might not even be aware about.

So, FishTaco, check yourself and your history with her, and really consider if you truly think that "seeing you in person is going to make it sink in for her" or if there is some other reason why you can't just drop her like a poisoned potato.

#4469451 - 04/08/19 12:39 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: Ssnake]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by Ssnake
Originally Posted by LB4LB
My bad experience was with a women who had a Master's Degree in Psychology ( she even went on to get a Doctorate). She was very unstable.

Psychologists have proven that those working in the psychology field are vastly more likely to have psychological issues, probably because their condition draws them to the field. That's not to say that there are no sane people to be found in that field, its just that the rate of people with conditions is substantially higher than the population's average.

+One Billion! (did I win?)

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4469452 - 04/08/19 01:01 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted by FishTaco

So, my question is, should I play hardball with this woman, or go at it more gently? She threatened suicide (unfair I know) and also lost the best part of 35 pounds until I started to speak to her again. Seems she just don't get it. I think she is bordering on obsessed. This whole thing has also driven me to go on meds for hypertension, which I never had before. I'm somewhat upset about this now. (Obviously).

the best advise I can give you, is to receive her, talk to her and try to be as supportive as you can, she is not taking it easy and you should try as best as you can to get over it and recover her balance.

you should also have someone from your family with you when you meet her.

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
If you don't mind, I need to ask a rather blunt question.

Are you sure her motivation for being interested in you from the beginning was genuine? By that I mean she wasn't just trying to find a Westerner so she could live the good life?

a callous, bigoted and stupid thing to say, you should be ashamed. That was uncalled for. You took a reasonable point and made it into something it wasn’t.

she can apply for a visa in Australia and work there, I am sure she is not having a crisis like that because she need a visa.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 04/08/19 11:35 AM.
#4469457 - 04/08/19 01:26 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
a callous, bigoted and stupid thing to say, you should be ashamed.

Seriously???...Seriously????

Oh, I guess you are from the generation who quake in fear from words they don't want to hear! behindcouch

Well, keep on quakin/quackin/cluckin. You may want to stake out a spot on your spread; maybe a soundproof closet, a little corner with a blankie, or something.

MY personal bet is that gender/bending/fear mongering politics might just get a little un-PC, especially here in the USA.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4469460 - 04/08/19 01:52 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Me, I'm just upset that it's the year 2019 and yet the Cherry 2000 isn't available yet, nor flying cars, WTF?

#4469479 - 04/08/19 10:05 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
FishTaco Offline
Forever Cromulent
FishTaco  Offline
Forever Cromulent

Perth, Western Australia
LOL @ Crane Hunter

C'mon guys, let's keep this thing nice and friendly. Well, I have actually managed to knock together a solution.

I have spoken to my current lady (who is VERY understanding) and she doesn't mind my ex coming here so I can let her down easy from this. You have to understand, my ex only dated one guy before me, and he was a prick to her. She feels that she will never find another good man.

I told her today about the new GF, she said she hopes this woman realizes how lucky she is.

Me, I never want to upset anybody. I know it's probably weak of me, but I hate to upset people, that's just who I am.

Anyway, my ex is an attractive woman who owns a restaurant in Bali, so personally I don't think it'll be too long before she finds a decent Western guy, and forgets all about me. :-)

Kindest regards,

AJ

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete." - The Art of War - Sun Tzu
#4469480 - 04/08/19 10:31 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I guess I must have "triggered" Tom! It's ok. Knowing his past political posting history on this site it doesn't surprise me.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4469483 - 04/08/19 11:05 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I guess I must have "triggered" Tom! It's ok. Knowing his past political posting history on this site it doesn't surprise me.

and yes, I am what they call a Social Democrat, proudly so, Mr. "Panzermayer":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Meyer

Kurt Meyer (23 December 1910 – 23 December 1961) was an SS commander and war criminal of Nazi Germany. In World War II, he served in the Waffen-SS.

maybe it is time for you to change your nickname.

#4469485 - 04/08/19 11:16 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss

and yes, I am what they call a Social Democrat, proudly so, Mr. "Panzermayer":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Meyer

Kurt Meyer (23 December 1910 – 23 December 1961) was an SS commander and war criminal of Nazi Germany. In World War II, he served in the Waffen-SS.

maybe it is time for you to change your nickname.

There was a member here with the name “joe Stalin”. You actually think he was a Communist?

Anyway, nice deflection attempt. If you want to post political topics we have the PWEC so keep your climate change junk out of community hall.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4469486 - 04/08/19 11:28 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
"Stalin" ? I don't know - probably yes, was there ever a "Joseph Mengele" here? he probably was a Nazi , I would not go around with a filthy nickname like that.

by the way, Panzemayer, what exactly is the reason why you choose that nickname? the guy was a War Criminal.

there are some Nazi Luftwaffe aces that served honorably in the new Luftwaffe after the war, those without war crimes to their record,

use a nickname like that and you still can get a nice "Teutonic" tang without the awful Nazi condiment to spoil the broth.

think about it.

#4469487 - 04/08/19 11:30 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Ok that’s enough. All of you. And Tom_Weiss, you caused this.

Next ugly post gets a suspension.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4469490 - 04/08/19 11:58 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Wow that went south in a hurry Geez

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4469518 - 04/08/19 05:40 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
There you have it, women are able to cause drama and discord even when they're not directly involved!

#4469525 - 04/08/19 06:24 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs

#4469530 - 04/08/19 07:06 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
FYI for the folks wondering about the word d@mn and its variants getting filtered.

D@mn, in and of itself has uses that are not offensive to very many people. Note, however, that SimHQs filter can not differentiate between that and it being combined with God, which was offensive to enough people to warrant putting it in the filter list. The filter is not sophisticated enough to provide a clever work-around.

Hopefully, everyone can continue to find ways to get their point(s) across in spite of it.

#4469535 - 04/08/19 08:44 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Dam, What happened? biggrin

Good luck Taco.
Tom_W, sorry but I am now a former supporter. Not good Sir.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 04/08/19 08:46 PM.
#4469541 - 04/08/19 10:00 PM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Me, I'm just upset that it's the year 2019 and yet the Cherry 2000 isn't available yet, nor flying cars, WTF?

We can't even get the 1980's model of Melanie Griffith. The current model of her just isn't the same as it was back then.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4469557 - 04/09/19 12:26 AM Re: Woman Advice Please [Re: FishTaco]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
There is plenty of current models i would be happy to test drive Dart!

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.