Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4467508 - 03/26/19 03:12 AM Re: Can't kill a thing [Re: MrJelly]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Originally Posted by MrJelly
The hit bubbles where reduced because of programming in convergence?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

No. With 1.2 versions the bullets fired from wing guns effectively fly parallel and are well spaced when they reached the target. Convergence was the first public request when we got the source code, so it has been in the 1.28 series from the beginning. It allows several bullets to hit the same point, creating much more damage than a single one. The original hit bubbles were large, giving the chance of more than one of the parallel moving bullets to hit. With convergence they allowed even more bullets to hit, and the game became a turkey shoot. That is why the sizes of the hit bubbles were reduced.

I'm still find the hit bubbles too small, like if i'm shooting at a wing, nothings coming off it. (I'm doing this with friendly bombers as im using the keyboard), but its clear the bullets are going in the same space as the wing portion of the target, just no particles or indication of a hit. This is outside of the engine locations.

Is there a diagram of the updated hit bubbles existing anywhere?

From what I can tell the level of difficulty maybe too highly set. Realistic Gunnery or whatever its called. In EAWv1.2 it changes the hit location bubbles to make it harder or more difficulty. in 160 (I take it 140 and earlier as well?) it seems the same.
This has always been a concern of mine for game play since I read about hit bubbles being changed or not being able to collide with another plane.
I can hit an engine or center mass, that's about it though. I'll play test more to see what the settings are doing....

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4467544 - 03/26/19 11:09 AM Re: Can't kill a thing [Re: brucesim2003]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
FWIW, I do a lot of in game testing when I'm building new planes for inclusion in the 1.6 inventory.

The testing includes shooting at my own side's planes to see how the new plane's damage model is performing as well as actual intercepts and dogfights against various enemy planes. So I can say with some confidence that the balance between gun power, hit bubble size and damage models are pretty darn good.

To tell the truth, we haven't had many complaints from either offline or online players when it comes to any facet of the flight models.

That said, I encourage players to come forward with any concerns or input they may have.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.