Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47
#4457634 - 01/17/19 08:00 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Marc Offline
Marc  Offline

Corona, California
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
That picture doesn't even look like 2500kcal to me. confused

Well that's what a 12" 4"deep Wok looks like, you do realize that food shrinks when cooked right ?

Marc..

HP-Compaq-8100-Elite-SFF-Intel-Core-i5-660-3-33GHz-8GB-250GB-Windows7, GTX1050 -X45+Rudder Pedals, Playseat Challenge
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4457714 - 01/17/19 08:50 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
My resolution for 2019 is simple:

- Continue the weight drop a tad more, I'm currently at 95 kgs, I want to get below 90kgs, preferably closer to 85kgs. (I was 120kg in january 2018).
- Continue being in shape and keeping my weight at a comfortable level without going to extremes.

#4457717 - 01/17/19 09:24 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

Mine is to continue just doing what I've always done, not causing new overuse injuries if possible, and to continue fencing.

I've added about 10lbs over the last 2 years, quite obviously to me a fair portion of that being muscle in arms, shoulders and thighs. Need to watch longer term changes, as I am closing on 50 fairly soon, but waist seems to be still more or less the same at 27-28""

Added Dussack and Pollaxe to my weapons recently. Dussack is fun, but Pollaxe is something I remain a bit nervous of.
Longsword is still my most practised type, with rapier not getting as much time as I would like.

#4457735 - 01/17/19 11:13 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Marc]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted by MarkG
Good to see you back, Raw.

Thanks! I assume you're over the stones without issue? I'm worried I might be working on one, but still uncertain. I'd like to keep it that way. LOL

Originally Posted by Marc
How old are you if not too indiscreet ?

Marc..

Not at all! I'll be 48 next month.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4457775 - 01/18/19 04:04 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
RK, the kidney stones haven't returned but the stony gallbladder will likely have to be removed one day. Talk about an incentive to drink plenty of water each day (thankfully I defeated soda years ago and I haven't touched booze since Thanksgiving)!

I know you're hitting the water hard, right? If you have a stone, you'll either flush it out or move it to the tube opening where it gets your undivided attention. smile

Tomorrow morning I'm having Mohs surgery on my nose. Not a big deal (local deadening) but it can take hours of tissue re-cuts until they see no more cancerous cells in the microscope. Then they give you a little plastic surgery before you leave. I probably won't sleep tonight like with major dental surgery, I'd rather be sleepy when they put me on the table.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4457776 - 01/18/19 05:28 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Good luck with that, but I’m sure it will turn out fine.
I’m not getting as much water as during the hot months, but still good. Water, coffee and hot tea at night, that’s it. Haven’t had a soft drink or pizza in over a year now.
Could be a small stone or one just starting to move. One more for my collection.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4457890 - 01/19/19 01:41 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I feel like someone just beat the hell out of me! frown Starting with so many deadening shots in my nose (my procedure started at 6AM at Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center and lasted a couple of hours) but they got all of it after the second pass of cuts. But then I needed shots inside of my ear to graft ear tissue onto my nose where they cut the chunks off.

The entire time I was thinking that no matter how much this sucks, it sucks so much worse for so many other patients in this building. I get to go home hurting but without the bad cells in my body. That place makes you think, and I was thinking about Don and wondering how he is doing.

Anyway, my head is all bandaged up and I was still trying to pull off a Friday date night (I'm a machine!). smile No way, even my calm heartbeat is throbbing in my nose and it doesn't feel good. So I'm going to chill tonight and watch a television series on band beak-ups (Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen and the Eagles).

The sun is in the east
#4457913 - 01/19/19 05:24 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I’m so glad you, ultimately, had a great day. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t feel cruddy! LOL
Treat yourself right for a while, let folks wait on you.
Try some “sleepy time” sinus hot tea with some honey. Feels good in the nose if you’re aching up in there after the prodding. I don’t know if that’s part of it, but the steam might help on the outside too? For the ear...I’ve got nothing.

#4459966 - 02/04/19 10:57 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Marc Offline
Marc  Offline

Corona, California
Well after being on OMAD diet for 19 days and loosing 15lb I noticed lately I was getting headaches, not uge ones but weird feeling ones, weird because I never get them, beside that I have been feeling great, training, walking 5miles 4 times a week, but wondering what was the cause of those mild headaches, took my blood pressure for good measure, Holly s*it, 180/100, usually 125/80 with meds, I most suffer from some kind of imbalance, so I ate something and my headache was gone and BP went down to 160/100, I'll take it again later on. One thing for sure I'm getting off OMAD for some time until I stabilize

Marc..

HP-Compaq-8100-Elite-SFF-Intel-Core-i5-660-3-33GHz-8GB-250GB-Windows7, GTX1050 -X45+Rudder Pedals, Playseat Challenge
#4463089 - 02/26/19 05:27 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Quick update...

5k on the 9th went well, but we only walked it (took 55 min. but in a dense crowd). The good news is that, while my knee/hamstring won't allow me to jog right now (I can, but it doesn't feel 100%), I had no problem going up and down the 5-story parking garage stairs (although I did have to slightly angle my body with each step).

In 10 days I'll be leaving for a 10-day NYC road trip (5 days in Manhattan) to finish last year's trip, as 2.5 days were lost to kidney stones. I don't know if I'll be able to cover 100 miles of Manhattan on foot in 5 days like I want. My walking training is being disrupted right now by a bad head cold, although my weight is also dipping from being on soups which always helps with foot endurance (the rare times I'm under 180 lbs. [81.6 kg] my feet feel indestructible). Weight means everything with my feet.

Right now I'm doing good just to stay out of obesity (close to the 200 lbs. [90.7 kg] mark) and that's even more important now as my health insurance (through wife's company) will be taking BMI into consideration as of Jan. 1, 2020, affecting cost and benefits. I don't agree that BMI should affect insurance premiums and coverage unless other factors are taken into consideration and each person who wants can be considered individually. I'm not sure how that's going to work yet.

The sun is in the east
#4463106 - 02/26/19 06:31 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
LOL, if they are going to use BMI you better stop gaining muscle, because those weigh more than fat. No one ever told them that?

#4463111 - 02/26/19 07:02 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I doubt that I'll ever have enough additional muscle weight to offset my BMI. smile

But whether I agree with it or not, that's how it's going to be. My BMI will be considered by my health insurance provider as of the first of next year.

The sun is in the east
#4463116 - 02/26/19 07:24 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Something else I wanted to mention...

If I could magically transform my body into whatever I wanted, it would never be that of an overly-muscular dude. A well-built professional athlete at my height (5'-9" [175.3 cm]) could get away with being borderline BMI obese (203 lbs. [92 kg]) and be totally fit and trim with a low BF%. I get that, it happens (although rare, I don't know anyone like this personally).

I'd rather be slim with a slight muscly build. I don't want to be a fit and buff 200 lbs. (impossible for me anyway, age and build) because regardless of where the weight is coming from (muscle or fat), it's still being supported by my feet. I don't want any extra weight on my feet or my knees.

The sun is in the east
#4464336 - 03/07/19 12:16 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Just finished packing for NYC road trip and due to weather, we might expedite our departure for tomorrow vs. Friday morning. Already have 100% chance of rain in NYC on Sunday and I want to walk those 100 miles (161 km) in 5 days.

My playlists are ready. driving

No neck ties or any dress up this time (like with the Central Park pic I recently reposted). No New York Philharmonic open rehearsal (timing won't work, $22 x2 anyway). No tickets for anything and nothing glamorous at all. Just a test of endurance measured by our pedometers. We plan to enjoy exotic but reasonably priced (and healthy as possible) meals in places like Chinatown and Little Italy, where we think more locals than tourists eat.

NYC kicked my ass last time with a severe kidney blow, been waiting for this rematch!

Lots to do now in a shorter amount of time, storing the laptop away after I post this. And lots of Spring cleaning when I get back, and projects to finish. I might stay offline for a while as I really want to see if I can live the 1980's like that Canadian family did for a year, and this is a good time to try. screwy So apologies in advance if I don't respond to comments on this or any other thread, not ignoring.

Later. wave

The sun is in the east
#4466349 - 03/19/19 01:23 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I wanted to make some post-NYC comments before taking a long cold-turkey offline break (for at least a couple of months, maybe more) to help me finish some things. Excessive online surfing (mostly YouTube) is my last time-consuming addiction to lick, and lick it I will...this time (that's confidence and NyQuil talking). smile

I literally walked the rest of my ass off in NYC! biggrin We walked a little over ~60 miles (~96.5 km) in 5 days, cold/rainy weather not permitting us to attempt 100 miles (also mild head cold relapse on last day). This included 14 hours covering the MET museum (a 3-day ticket) and also eating almost exclusively authentic Asian (mostly hot soups and teas) and exotic salads. We were also wearing backpacks (including bottled waters), tucked under our ponchos when raining.

I have pics of the MET, Grand Central Station, Central Park (Strawberry Fields/Imagine), NYC Public Library (incredible) and lots of other stuff we didn't get to on our first trip. Pics are tough to load and process right now (I'm just not good at Linux) but I'll be getting a Windows 10 laptop in the near future and will one day post a new complete thread for NYC trip #2.

Awesome trip (driving through the snowy mountains in a VW Beetle turbo). Awesome weight loss for me (wife already done and stable). I feel like I have new feet! Can't wait to go back and try for that 100 miles (making it a trilogy, next April 2020, hopefully a little warmer like NYC trip #1). Excessive walking and good healthy eating really work.

A few personal NYC pics I reduced to 1024x768 (taken last week, Mar. 10-14, 2019)...

EDIT: Second pic almost matches last year's pic...same restaurant (Korean), meal (seafood soup), pull-over sweater (underneath shirt is different) and close to the same table.

Attached Files NYC_1.JPGNYC_2.JPGNYC_3.JPGNYC_4.JPGNYC_5.JPG
Last edited by MarkG; 03/19/19 12:25 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4466724 - 03/20/19 08:14 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
Above all, learn new things to eat and adopt a lifestyle or things just go back the way they were. It’s diet AND exercise, not just one or the other. Keep at it, you learn a lot by experimenting!

Heard that, just discovered a cheap and tasty 250 Black Bean sandwich to replace the expensive 500 calorie hamburger.

#4469323 - 04/07/19 10:10 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Feeling that things are starting to move again.

The goal is the first for the year, once I hit that I'll aim for 85kg. But I'd rather take smallish steps smile

[Linked Image]

Did a monster walk the other week:

https://www.strava.com/activities/2234432165

Distance: 46.33km
Moving time: 8:22:36
Elevation: 763m
Calories 3,252

Attached Files weightloss.jpg
Last edited by EAF331 MadDog; 04/07/19 10:14 AM.
#4473841 - 05/12/19 03:02 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Progress is coming along.

THis is so far this year, weighted in just under 90kg after my hike today, yay!

Attached Files Annotation 2019-05-12 170145.jpg
#4473852 - 05/12/19 05:21 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
That's an achievement! Go celebrate a bit smile

#4475486 - 05/25/19 10:05 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I tend to think about this thread when I'm not doing so well...like right now. I've been eating clean enough lately, maybe too clean as last night's gourmet burger and milkshake gave me a rare upset stomach, which I was still dealing with this morning...

==========
"The Bam-Bam Burger petite $10.75 regular $12.99
Double the meat, cheese and bacon! It takes a true carnivore to tackle this beast of a burger!

Tiramisu Milkshake $6.00
Creole cream cheese ice cream blended with a shot of espresso and cocoa powder and served with a lady finger."
==========

My upset stomach killed what was supposed to be 'date night', along with feeling sluggish and blah from overeating. Heck, I was lucky to make it home in time. eek And once again I notice the difference between my wife (who got a "petite" non-doubled burger) and myself with moderation, I just don't have any. When I 'cheat' I go all out, using no common sense. Was it good? Oh yeah! biggrin And for a while I loved having that over-stuffed feeling again, something I rarely feel in the evenings. Was it worth it? #%&*$# no (the "#%&*$#" manually included). I do so much better eating at home before going out, and usually have a wonderful evening.

And I know I'll do it again because I never learn, but not for a long long time.

The sun is in the east
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.