Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4466084 - 03/18/19 08:23 AM OT only for German pilots  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone

Not playing WoFF-UE anymore, but I always read this forum, think it is nice to see WoFF is still alive. I do hope the new shaders will be the next step to DirectX11 or better DirectX12, so who knows one day Woff-VR will be released, OBD why not start with only one plane making a 3d VR cockpit as an try out? As I do still miss the immerse factor of WoFF but flying in VR is to much fun.

For those who can understand the German language, here a nice video from Youtube. Full of wrong facts but still very interesting to watch. I hope you do enjoy.

#4466105 - 03/18/19 12:10 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Not playing any more?
Kind of a downer lead-in... wink

#4466121 - 03/18/19 01:14 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Worked for me, and I agree... not accurate at all from what I could tell. Looked pretty good though. Looks like the same technique used in the German movie of the Red Baron.

Thanks for posting.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4466143 - 03/18/19 01:44 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Yeah, I'm the same as Dutch. Not interested in putting any more effort into modding this game as well. Too many obstacles and no support for modders from the devs like they do for WOTR by giving them hints and tips. Kind of a let down. Oh well luckly I moved on a while ago and found other games with dev support for modders.

#4466167 - 03/18/19 02:45 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
wish our graphics looked like that

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4466169 - 03/18/19 02:50 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

No support for modders from the Devs OldHat? In what way pal?

There's some absolutely brilliant mods for WOFF isn't there..the airfield mods 4loms texture mods Buckeyes and PR,s cloud mods scouts news mod..the bombsight mod..Triple J,s Java ME and multi mod. Your very own excellent Balloon Archie and Hardcore mod. There's a dedicated mod page so I Personnally don't get your statement mate.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4466179 - 03/18/19 03:10 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: Adger]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted by Adger
No support for modders from the Devs OldHat? In what way pal?

There's some absolutely brilliant mods for WOFF isn't there..the airfield mods 4loms texture mods Buckeyes and PR,s cloud mods scouts news mod..the bombsight mod..Triple J,s Java ME and multi mod. There's a dedicated mod page so I Personnally don't get your statement mate.

Just need to go back to the days of WOFF 1,2 and 3 and see the replies from the devs when wing breaking off was introduced by modder, then altering the damage model, then campaign mission editing was patched out at one point, then asking for help with altering the simulation.xml file, then asking for help for inserting models into WOFF and getting denied, and the list can go on. You probably didn't get to see the dev's replies when I first tried to make the archie mod, it wasn't encouraging to say the least and very frustrating. Unfortunately, a lot of you were not involved in the discussions back then and some behind the scenes arguments that took place. It was all very bitter and left a bad feeling at the end. The devs did not want anyone to modify their games except by AnKor or making skins or simple modifications and they made it very clear back then by giving warnings and discouragement. It took a long time, but since they've seen the acceptance of Mods, a mod page was made. Like I said, there are many games for me to enjoy and I wish modding WOFF had been treated like WOTR from the beginning, it would have made a world of difference to have that support from the beginning. Too little too late, I'm afraid.

#4466188 - 03/18/19 03:47 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Fair enough OldHat I wasn't aware of such things. What I will say is I Personnally can't thank you modders enough for what you and others have bought to this sim.
I also find OBD to be a good Dev team,Pol,s active on the forums and now I believe there's only 2 of them (him and Winding man) with the work there doing in both WOFF and WOTR and he still finds time to respond to questions asked,i commend him for that.

I'm no modder OldHat,I'm certainly no programmer pal,but these sims are possibly OBD,S only source of income,they must have put a lot of sweat,blood and tears into them. There's possibly some parts of code that they want to keep secret? If they opened it all up is there a possibility it could be used/stolen by others to gain profit? I'm asking this out of curiosity mate I've honestly got no idea if it's possible or not.

@Dutch cheers for the vids...I've tried VR at overclockers uk near to where I live,it blew me and my lad away. I haven't purchased one yet though. I've played Elite Dangerous for half an hr there and it was incredible. If WOFF/WOTR became VR ready and I had the rig to run it I'd purchase a rift/ Vive immediately pal.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4466222 - 03/18/19 04:29 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

As a single player WW1 game, WOFF UE can't be beat. This game has all you need and there is nothing out there right now that even comes close. I've also tried VR in Flying Circus and it is amazing, but it's only early access and the only enjoyment I can get is flying around the map, but in VR. If WOFF goes into VR, then you bet that I am back here again modding my favorite WW1 game and this time I'll stay for good!

#4466274 - 03/18/19 07:48 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: dutch]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
I will agree that, IMHO, modding is the lifeblood of any game and the key to its longevity.
Let the players decide what their experience will be. It makes for a happier customer.

#4466299 - 03/18/19 09:26 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: OldHat]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by OldHat
As a single player WW1 game, WOFF UE can't be beat. This game has all you need and there is nothing out there right now that even comes close. I've also tried VR in Flying Circus and it is amazing, but it's only early access and the only enjoyment I can get is flying around the map, but in VR. If WOFF goes into VR, then you bet that I am back here again modding my favorite WW1 game and this time I'll stay for good!

First, thank you for all your help in developing mods for WOFF UE, especially your Hardcore mod which I always fly except when I started testing the latest patch. Second, even though I don't have VR, I would be happy if WOFF UE implemented it because that would almost certainly mean there was a DX11 or higher implementation which would immediately bring a whole host of further performance improvements to the sim. AnKor did share screenshots of 3D clouds but that was awhile ago and I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. Tricky stuff, but I'm hoping DX11 and 3D clouds are (pardon the pun) still somewhere on the horizon. smile

Last edited by Hellshade; 03/18/19 09:26 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4466894 - 03/21/19 05:38 PM Re: OT only for German pilots [Re: OldHat]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Originally Posted by OldHat

I also do hope they can made it in 3D-VR. But one thing is also nice, the fine members on this forum that are always helpful and friendly as being a part of the WW1 family.
It is unbelievable on some other forums, how many garbage some frustrated gamers are spitting out, only because of a very tiny difference in opinion. attack ar15 50cal

Last edited by dutch; 03/21/19 06:45 PM.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse