Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4462897 - 02/25/19 10:30 AM Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure  
THX-1138 Offline
Tyrell Corporation
THX-1138  Offline
Tyrell Corporation

Miami, Florida - United States...
I have graduated in this field and know that this has been the case for decades if not longer:

Domestic Robotics - www.DomesRO.com

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4462900 - 02/25/19 11:33 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
So this essentially means that a very high percentage of today's Western population will be afflicted by this.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4462902 - 02/25/19 11:45 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Well that explains the Zombies I see walking along with their cell phone stuck to their ear and ignoring the person they are walking with..

Russ
Semper Fi
#4462906 - 02/25/19 12:12 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: rwatson]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by rwatson
Well that explains the Zombies I see walking along with their cell phone stuck to their ear and ignoring the person they are walking with..

Thank you, my day at the office just became less boring biggrin

#4462910 - 02/25/19 12:35 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
So this essentially means that a very high percentage of today's Western population will be afflicted by this.

You might die from this, in 20...50 years, yes.

#4462911 - 02/25/19 12:48 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: Ssnake]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Ssnake

You might die from this, in 20...50 years, yes.

20 years is a problem. 50 years is ok with me since that means I'll live to be 96. smile

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4462912 - 02/25/19 01:20 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
For all these sensationalist science stories, I usually check out what potholer54 has to say about it.

Of course, he might be wrong but at least he digs into the underlying sources that the 'news' outlets latch on to.

#4462915 - 02/25/19 01:55 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: mikew]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Years ago drugs fried kids brains now at least they aren't drugging just using a different tool

Russ
Semper Fi
#4462930 - 02/25/19 03:03 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Meh... if they want something to be concerned about, they should probably consider what walking around with that 'always on' transceiver in their pockets might be doing to their reproductive systems. Rapidly dividing cells are more vulnerable to low level radiation than brain cells are.

#4463031 - 02/26/19 03:17 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Nevermind the fact that I smoke and drink - take those two out of the equation I'll still "worry" more about being around vehicle exhaust, air quality in general, chemicals at work, and food safety.

I ride motorcycles. I know they can kill me. I do a LOT of things that can shorten or end my life.

I call this LIVING. I don't worry about death, it's going to happen anyway. I focus on LIVING.

#4463038 - 02/26/19 05:01 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: Zamzow]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Originally Posted by Zamzow
Nevermind the fact that I smoke and drink - take those two out of the equation I'll still "worry" more about being around vehicle exhaust, air quality in general, chemicals at work, and food safety.

I ride motorcycles. I know they can kill me. I do a LOT of things that can shorten or end my life.

I call this LIVING. I don't worry about death, it's going to happen anyway. I focus on LIVING.

To TRUE, LIfe , nobody in the way.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4463046 - 02/26/19 08:03 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
Zamzow Offline
Zamzow  Offline

Taking great care of body + good finances = long time in nursing home.

A perfectly good dead body forced by "virtue" and law to become a long term instrument of torture and agony.

Okay it's not always that outcome, but I've sure seen a lot of that.

I live right across the street from the nursing home I work at. I am right now listening to a woman scream repeatedly. She started doing that around 18 months ago.

I remember her before she "cracked", she was demented, but still remembered how to eat, still remembered how to say if she was cold, hungry, etc...

She was maybe 70 years old. Now she looks like an unwrapped mummy.

She convulses, twitches, screams and screams and screams. Unlike days of old you can't just "give them morphine".

Naturally she'd have been dead long ago, but law forces us to keep her alive - at way beyond the $9000 per month rent.

That was not a typo - approximately $9000 per month rent.

Reminds me of that saying "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" - these patients don't even get the dignity of living on their knees.....

So bring on the EM via phones. Bring on the "risky life". The other pasture is not greener, it is black, and blacker than most people can imagine.

#4463080 - 02/26/19 04:27 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
But where do you draw the line? I turned things around at age 41. At what age should I start letting myself go again?

I don't think I could ever go back to the unhealthy lifestyle I had through my 40's. At 51 I often feel like I'm 21 (not now because I'm suffering from a head cold frown ), not like when I felt old and used up at 40. Going from an unhealthy lifestyle and dead love life to a healthy lifestyle and constant cloud 9 bliss (not just on Friday evenings, that's only the scheduled guarantee wink ), there's no going back. I'll take my chances of a few final years in a nursing home.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4463084 - 02/26/19 04:47 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
What about EMR from high tension wires? Or from the lines that come off off them to street poles, then the lines from the street poles to homes? Any EMR issues there?

If I have my celphone on me I have it on a belt holster so I guess it's not as close to my naughty bits to affect them as much...

But there is some kind of EMR going on there. One time in the cockpit, I put my celphone right by the magnetic compass and it started spinning. But I had to be right up to it. I still fly the plane with the phone on airplane mode though.

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4463086 - 02/26/19 05:01 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
According to that video, I'm at a disadvantage with living in the rurals with very low signal (apparently the phone emits more to compensate).

On the other hand, my 3G flip phone hardly gets used. If I'm ever forced to upgrade to a smart phone (more temptation to play on it), I'll keep this in mind.

The sun is in the east
#4463093 - 02/26/19 05:43 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: MarkG]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by MarkG
But where do you draw the line?

As with almost everything in life, there's a healthy balance that needs to be struck. I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that you live your life on the edge like some rock star from the 70's but you also shouldn't live in a closet and live in constant fear of trying new things.

#4463101 - 02/26/19 06:16 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that you live your life on the edge like some rock star from the 70's...

It works for some lucky people... biggrin

Attached Files Keef.jpg

The sun is in the east
#4463105 - 02/26/19 06:30 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
But not for the unlucky ones. Phil is also 8 years younger than Keith.

Attached Files images.jpg
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 02/26/19 06:31 PM.

#4463108 - 02/26/19 06:38 PM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
PM, I was thinking more about this comment from Zamzow...

"Taking great care of body + good finances = long time in nursing home."

So, how do you find that "healthy balance that needs to be struck"?

It's easy to come off as gung-ho about it but I think it's necessary today (not so much in the 1960's/70's) because now we're constantly bombarded with unhealthiness, from fast food ads and convenience to forced lifestyle changes (like Disney discouraging walking vs. tram riding which happened to us on our last trip several years back, it was never a problem before and neither was the excessive mobility scooter traffic).

And if you've already let yourself go in the past, the fight is even that much harder because you've likely damaged your body in multiple ways (personal experience).

I think balance is dam near impossible these days, and I refuse to develop a politically correct acceptance mentality.

The sun is in the east
#4463136 - 02/27/19 12:03 AM Re: Health Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure [Re: THX-1138]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
I simply don't pay too much attention to "breaking health news". You will always find a study that tells you that something that you regularly eat is a deadly poison, immoral (because, exploiting the poor), secretly disgusting (once you learn how it's made), or otherwise ruins the planet. I have seen so many diet fads come and go over the last 40 years, chances are the newest one will be gone in a few years as well. At the end of the day doctors' dietary recommendations aren't much more advanced than an old medieval saying in German,

Den Kopf halt kühl,
die Füße warm,
und bläh' nicht allzusehr den Darm

(keep your head cool, the feet warm, and don't eat too much).

I'm trying to limit my sugar intake. I pay attention to not eat something for 14...16 hours every day. I walk, ride a bike to buy my groceries, I go swimming once a week. I have maintained my weight for the last 20 years (okay, I wish I was 20 kg lighter, but I can live with where I currently am). Three months a year I don't drink any alcohol. That's it. It works for me. Don't know if it would work for you, I'm not here to proselytize.

WRT to EMR, literally thousands of studies about the subject have yielded pretty much nothing except that when it frys birds in mid-air, better keep your distance.
Other than that I can but notice that some people get all worked up about extremely abstract and, at best, very rare consequences that might manifest after decades (but probably never) without acknowledging the benefits of cellphone technology - the lives of people that could not have been rescued after accidents or in deserted locations, had it not been for mobile phones. That's a very tangible benefit that would certainly outweigh a probably non-existant threat; but even if you choose to believe in it, it'd be a highly indirect threat. Unless of course you're a tinfoil hat nutter like Saul Goodman's brother, in which case you have a psychological condition rather than radiation sickness.

We're breathing cleaner air than since the early medieval times, drinking cleaner water. We're enjoying the best medical treatment in all history of mankind, our food is well-controlled, car traffic has never been safer, air traffic and railway traffic are very safe, we have the lowest rate of terrorism-related mortality since the last 50, 60 years, and the likelihood to die in a war is close to an all-time low. The situation on our planet may not be perfect, but if you're willing to open your eyes and make historical comparisons there are very few indicators that show a worsening trend (biodiversity being one of them, but again, we have begun to recognize the issue and hopefully we'll start doing something meaningful about it).

In summary, historically speaking we're living in the safest environment ever for the average person.so I allow myself a somewhat relaxed attitude whenever a headline screams at me about the mortal danger coming from something innocuous in my household (more about it after the commercial break). If our political and business leaders and Hollyweird celebs actually start changing their lavish lifestyles I might start listening to their recommendations that we must change our ways of living. But as long as you have two or three pools in each of your houses with multiple cars in your garage, I really don't need your advice that my carbon footprint is unsustainable. If an activist tells me that we're too many people on this planet, and if he's making a compelling argument, I might look the other way if he wants to lead by example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.