Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4469552 - 04/08/19 10:57 PM Re: Performance Issues [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

If you zoom a little bit closer in to the cockpit whilst taking off ive noticed you,ll save some FPS guys. Also has POL mentioned turn off labels to save fps. Also (ive done it since WOFF) i pause my sim on the field before i start my engine and let the world load in for a few seconds..Not sure if it works its just a habit of mine

Are you guys flying with headshake on in workshop settings? Possible cause?

Im also with Stache and by no means "gloating" but im also more than happy with performance. I fly at 2k res aswell guys (2560 x 1440) but if the lads at OBD can improve it then by all means I'm for it.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4469564 - 04/09/19 01:04 AM Re: Performance Issues [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
@Trooper -

So we have some perspective and may, possibly, assist you better.
What is your CPU and what speed is it running at.
What type of drive is WOTR running on.
I know you said you have a Nvidia 1060.
What version of Nvidia driver are you running?
What resolution are you running.
What kind of Monitor - is it Gsync?
Do you have Vsync turned on?
Do you have Vsync running in FAST mode?
What version of Windows.

Exactly what FPS are you seeing.
When taking off?
When landing?
When in a furball?

Have you looked at using Nvidia Profile Inspector to Limit FPS?

I understand that DCS, CLOD, BOS (well Bodenplatte prerelease) all work with out a lot of finagling, I own them also.
Though they have great graphics, I still do not fly them much as their single player environment is lacking in depth and enjoyment.

Last edited by Stache; 04/09/19 01:11 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4469587 - 04/09/19 10:22 AM Re: Performance Issues [Re: Stache]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Originally Posted by Stache

I certainly did not mean to imply that I am struggling in any fashion as I am not, so please do not include me in the "WE".

I am quite satisfied with the performance of WOTR.

Regards,

I wasn't replying to your post mate, and it was a generic we as lots of people are struggling to get this working and displaying properly.
However, I'm glad you have made it clear you are not part of the 'WE'... enjoy 'your' game.

#4469597 - 04/09/19 11:42 AM Re: Performance Issues [Re: Trooper117]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Trooper117

I certainly did not mean to imply that I am struggling in any fashion as I am not, so please do not include me in the "WE".
I am quite satisfied with the performance of WOTR.
Regards,

I wasn't replying to your post mate, and it was a generic we as lots of people are struggling to get this working and displaying properly.
However, I'm glad you have made it clear you are not part of the 'WE'... enjoy 'your' game.

Hi Trooper,

I would disagree with the use of "lots".....as I was disagreeing with the use of the word "WE", in the context that it was used, there are certainly "some".
Would I like to see better performance in WOTR, certainly.
Is the current performance hindering my enjoyment of the game, no.

If you really want help and to help others, I would suggest you supply additional details requested.

Regards,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4469609 - 04/09/19 01:54 PM Re: Performance Issues [Re: Stache]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA

Hi Trooper,

I would disagree with the use of "lots".....as I was disagreeing with the use of the word "WE", in the context that it was used, there are certainly "some".
Would I like to see better performance in WOTR, certainly.
Is the current performance hindering my enjoyment of the game, no.

If you really want help and to help others, I would suggest you supply additional details requested.

Regards,

+1000 Stache ! Trooper, you and I have always gotten on well so please don't take this personal but you post of problems with stutters and are somewhat dissatisfied with WOTR's performance, yet you don't seem to want to let anyone else take a look at what your setup is. I know you said you have tried everything that others have suggested, but you have a few more people(maybe different from previously) here that would like to try to help yet you seem resistant. I have even offered in a PM note to you in case you just don't want to post your Specs in public. Just looking at the game settings and NCP is not good enough to make any assessment. I made that list above because if you don't look at every one of those setups you are wasting your time. I will leave it at this, I have seen where someone has adjusted their TIR5 smoothing to 50 and it gave a particular Sim an awful time and produced multiplied stutters. If you really want help and want WOTR to perform better, possibly, then as Stache says " supply the additional details requested." Maybe, just Maybe it will help your situation. Again, you & I get on well, there is no attitude attached to this post, so please don't take any offense. It is meant in a helpful gesture just as Stache's is also I am sure. S! salute

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 04/09/19 01:54 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.