Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4459640 - 02/02/19 07:25 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Vaderini]  
Flogger23m Online smile
Flogger23m  Online Smile

US
Originally Posted by Vaderini
Originally Posted by Flogger23m
There was no mod support in the first place.

I'm talking about the Epic Store in general

Well that isn't very relevant to the thread then...

No achievements is a plus.

And for most gamers, it isn't. There is a large crowd of gamers wanting achievements. Why do you think everybody and their grandmothers' game include achievements?

You can't turn that off in Steam I've been waiting for a fix for about a decade if not longer now.

Why remove something that is very succesful and desired? It's akin to complaining that FPS games are 3D instead of 2D.

Why not have an option? Not everyone is a 13 year old that needs constant pop ups for every little thing. It is much more akin to having popups on a website. It is practically the same. 2D vs 3D FPS is a massive difference to gameplay. Having popups in your games is just as bad as those pop ups on a website. Most people run ad blockers to get rid of them. It shouldn't surprise you that we'd like similar functionality in our paid games.

Review system is broken in its current form. Just check the reviews and you'll see what I mean.

And I always get plenty of useful reviews out of them, if you're too lazy to scroll further than the overall score, that's on you.

Most of them are garbage. Games get review bombed due to the developers ethnicity, political decisions of another country (China vs South Korea as an example) or ramble on about entirely other products. A good example is Metro 2033 getting Epic store rants for reviews which have nothing to do with the product in question.

Whether that is good or not for customers is irrelevant sadly.

Like you've said in your opening sentence, Valve implemented their refund policy after Origin beat them to it. So have a lot of other features of Steam been implemented after another company showed that that feature was something that attracted customers.

And that is why some competition is good. Valve has been lazy for a good ~6 years. What needs to be fixed gets kicked to the side and more garbage and neglect has set it (such as review bombing and an influx of low quality "hentai games").

Valve is loosing AAA games at a high rate.

Who have they lost? So far i'm only seeing Metro and The Division 2 as AAA exclusives on Epic Store, and that isn't going to cut it. Electronic Arts pulling all their games away from Steam was a bigger blow. Also, the Origin store isn't doing so well if you look at the amount of 3rd party content there.

So far these past few months:
Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Rage 2
The Division 2
Metro Exodus (timed only)

Three of the biggest AAA games announced this year won't be on Steam. This trend is picking up steam, pardon the pun.

Replies in bold.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4459643 - 02/02/19 08:07 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Flogger23m]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Originally Posted by Flogger23m
Well that isn't very relevant to the thread then

If you don't find the "exclusive" discussion relevant to the thread, then why are you participating in it?

Why not have an option? Not everyone is a 13 year old that needs constant pop ups for every little thing. It is much more akin to having popups on a website. It is practically the same. 2D vs 3D FPS is a massive difference to gameplay. Having popups in your games is just as bad as those pop ups on a website. Most people run ad blockers to get rid of them. It shouldn't surprise you that we'd like similar functionality in our paid games.

There is an option to turn pop-ups off, it's called "disable Steam Overlay in-game".

#4459734 - 02/03/19 01:19 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
LOL the publisher Dev has threatened the pc community saying they will not release any more titles on the plataform if people boycott........lol........let the boycotting begins...pc players are not lemmings like casuals on console. dude just shot his own tight and hit an artery........

Someone translated the original interview, seems it was not cut as dry as some people in the net made it look like.

"I've been looking at all the buzz. My feelings are two fold. On the one side, us leaving steam is not certain, nobody has made such a bold move as of yet (as far as I'm aware). This is all new, and this means that it will cause some people to be upset. Yes, a move like this requires folks to install the Epic launcher that can cause some inconvenience to players and this all means that there will be some push back.

On the other hand, the reaction of a certain group of players (people threatening to use torrents etc) - is hardly warranted. I get a feeling that people didn't want to play the game in the first place, but instead were just waiting for a reason to start throwing out their complaints. So we (the devs) spend years of hard work trying to make something special, but the aforementioned group of players just think our hard work isn't even worth a couple of minutes it takes to install a new launcher. Of course its their life and their right so why even bother with Metro? It seems like its a game that they have no interest in. I can only say that those people were't fans in the first place and our work isn't interesting to them, and that means that opinions of such people are of no interest to me. What is the point in me listening to their opinion?

Let us take closer look at the situation shall we? Some people think that ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on Exodus as well as the previously released titles that they somehow made the world a better place. "Lets put the greedy developer in their place!" these people think. Here's my answer to this - if this goes to the extreme and PC players decide to boycott Exodus, then subsequent Metro titles, if they do come out will not come out on PC. If its for better or worse, you decide for yourself. Personally I would just feel bad for the loyal fans. This won't affect how much I value the work of my friends and work colleagues. I know for sure that all these angry people who are spewing their bile online are not capable of doing even a small fraction of what we were able to achieve and will hopefully achieve in the future. And thus, they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

And also, despite the fact that during development I've played and finished every single level of every game god knows how many times, I still want to play Metro. I have finished the previous games many times, even now I'm getting ready to do another full playthrough of the PC version (I'm assuming here he means Exodus), which were are now adding the finishing touches to. To me this is a tradition, I always do a full playthough of our game just before release. It lets me appreciate all the work we did. So you might be asking what is this all about? I'm remembering the Professor's words (not sure what he means here) , words that I've heard many times from him personally and from the Internet - when you make a game you have to make it for yourself first and foremost, you yourself actually have to like the game. And only now I'm starting to fully realize that no smartass is going to get to me and devalue the hard work that we have put in. There will always be those who are unsatisfied.."

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 02/03/19 01:26 AM.
#4459749 - 02/03/19 04:22 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I don't know who's talking in that quote but it comes off as quite dismissive and does not even address the reasons why many folks are unhappy.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4459783 - 02/03/19 02:41 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I’m in the middle of playing 2033 Redux and the graphics improvements are really great. I played the game before but it was the original release so it didn’t look nearly as nice.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4459785 - 02/03/19 02:54 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
What I really like about the two Redux games is that they play like two Chapters of the same game (due to the unified visuals, mechanics, HUD...)

#4459818 - 02/03/19 07:15 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I finished playing 2033 Redux last year I think and really liked it. I had the original game but it ran so poorly. Even years later with newer hardware it still ran like crap so I never got far into it. I bought Redux on sale and it ran like a dream and is beautiful. Right now I'm playing the original release of Last Light but it runs much better than the original Metro 2033 did. There's only a few spots in level transitions where the fps tank but then clear up. I wouldn't mind getting the Redux version to round out the collection but this runs just fine for the most part comparatively. It likewise is a beautiful game too and I agree with you RSColonel, they both blend seamlessly with one another. I was interested to discover after the fact that 2033 could have two endings depending on a choice you make which I did not know.

I also really appreciated being able to see the military silo location which was a scary hell to explore at the end of the first game all cleared out and cleaned up and occupied by the Rangers in the beginning of the second game. I like seeing continuity like that and old places or faces from previous game entries. I hope Exodus comes to Steam eventually as that's the platform where all my other Metro games are.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4461434 - 02/15/19 12:04 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
So did anyone buy it ? i'm seeing xbox gameplay and eeeeeh...

#4461480 - 02/15/19 09:43 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Wow, 8.5 on IGN and about 80% on Metacritic.

#4461483 - 02/15/19 10:58 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Metro 2033 got 81% and Last Light got 82% on Metacritic, and those are 2 of my favorite games of all time. Really tempted now to buying this...

By the way, does anyone know is Artyom is the protagonist, or is his story concluded?

#4461484 - 02/15/19 11:12 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
From the review at IGN it sounds like Artyom is the protagonist.

#4461489 - 02/15/19 11:37 AM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'll be buying it. I'm still in the middle of playing Last Light Redux.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4461495 - 02/15/19 12:07 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
BTW, I just noticed there's also a post-apocalyptic Far Cry out today? That one went completely below my radar.

#4461496 - 02/15/19 12:07 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
BTW, I just noticed there's also a post-apocalyptic Far Cry out today? That one went completely below my radar.

Yes, "New Dawn". It takes place several years after the end of Far Cry 5.

#4461497 - 02/15/19 12:09 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
So that's the "Blooddragon" or "Primal" interim release for FC5 then...

I ignored 5 because the plot and gameplay got such a bad reputation. Might be worth checking that one then.

#4461498 - 02/15/19 12:11 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st

I ignored 5 because the plot and gameplay got such a bad reputation. .

I found the gameplay to be virtually the same as it was in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 and while the geographic setting was obviously different, I found the plot/story to be no better or no worse than the story in FC 4.

#4461500 - 02/15/19 12:22 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Well...

From what I saw the criticism was that you get pulled repeatly into some cutscenes/psychotic episodes, and there is no "good" ending as it's either nuclear strike or you die. Didn't seem very interesting to play then.

#4461508 - 02/15/19 01:47 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Far Cry lost me after FC2.

#4461510 - 02/15/19 01:51 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: WangoTango]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by WangoTango
Far Cry lost me after FC2.

I enjoyed FC 2 for the most part but the constantly respawning enemy checkpoints were annoying.

#4461589 - 02/15/19 07:47 PM Re: Metro Exodus [Re: Coot]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Bought FC 2 at launch for the 360 as an impulse buy. However, the game had a gamebreaking bug that corrupted your save file when you were about 3/4 in. Ubisoft quickly acknowledged the problem, but said that it was to expensive to patch. Basically all 360 owners got #%&*$#, after forking €70 for a game that was unfinishable.

Never bought an Ubisoft product since, and never will do so again. Something similar happened to Konami and MGS V: GZ on 360, but that is a story for another day.

Seriously, #%&*$# those 2 companies.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.