Today marks 3 years since release of the original Enemy Within campaign, the first 3-rd party DLC for DCS.
I think this is a good moment to announce that The Enemy Within 3.0 is ready and is awaiting to be published in a near future.
3.0 means a complete overhaul of the old version, with 20 out of 21 scripts rewritten from scratch, 4x the number of VOs and many other changes listed below.
The new version will be a paid DLC, but will cost less than an average campaign. I will of course also support the legacy version, although with the new one around, I don't see a point in playing the old one
Here are some main features of the 3.0:
- 20 out of 21 missions have been rewritten from scratch. This includes the course of action, dialogues, briefings and background information.
- More than 2/3 of the missions take place in different locations than the original ones, and most feature different challenges and enemies to provide a completely new experience,
- 3 entirely new missions that are designed to complement and extend the storyline (replacing 3 old ones that I didn't like that much).
- There are 8 pilot and 3 commander characters reappearing throughout the campaign, with their own personalities.
- Number of VOs have almost quadrupled to over 2100.
- Additional documents and custom kneeboard pages are available for each sortie.
I would like to dedicate the new version to the memory of Jim 'Blooze' Mudgett, without whom Enemy Within would probably never come to being. I am attaching a picture of the initial cover which he designed.