Quite some time ago in this very website there was a thread in which a good samaritan had links to download a USAF superpro 9.4 pack ready to install with no strings attached. When I first downloaded and installed It, it sort of worked. The image was not proportionate to my monitor and everything was too bright. Thing is the game either crashed or I had to exit, I can't remember exactly. From that point on it would not run, even after reinstalling it. Now it has been some time since then and I felt compelled to try again.

Initially The game would just give me an error message that said nothing. I eventually discovered that I had to do something with an utility and the proper path of the terrain folder. So I managed to make the game run, but my enthusiasm died down soon after. For starters in some screens like the campaign and the reference there are glitched portions of the previous screen in the way and one cant work around it. That is one thing. The other is that the game will simply not get in flight. Whenever it loads it gets into a black screen. Apparently it crashes but I cant see the "stopped working" message window behind the black screen. I only realized after I accidentally moved it into my second monitor.

I tried quite a few different options in dgVoodooSetup and Ive run the USAFConfig and it said that the setup was successful. I've also tried compatibility mode, but it didn't help, it only made the game crash from the beginning. I have quite the selection of crash dumps, but I would be damned If I knew how to utilize them to find out what is wrong.

any ideas?

Last edited by FlightJunkie; 02/04/19 01:44 PM.