Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
#4459827 - 02/03/19 08:50 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yea, that was complete mayhem. Glad Bong joined, The dude has all the toys and it was cool to try some of them out. So we kind of got away from missions and moving on up to spend time playing with the toys and checking out Bong's empire.

A few screens from today's action.

Oden stops by my office and immediately raids my bar smile Dude doesn't even need a glass. Note the bullet holes on his back. no wonder my man needed a drink

[Linked Image]

Bong getting down with the minigun

[Linked Image]

Bong making champagne rain

[Linked Image]

Hey's there's Oden

[Linked Image]

Attached Files golfcard.jpgofficedrunk.jpgmowemdown.jpgrain.jpgtheresoden.jpg

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4459916 - 02/04/19 03:27 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That was fun yesterday fellas, thanks for joining.

Seeing all the stuff Bong has amassed was cool. Lots of supercars, specialty vehicles, and aircraft and properties. Can't even imagine the amount of money tied up in that.

If I keep playing eventually I'll have a micro-version of that. To duplicate it would take thousands of hours, a generous hacker or a number of Shark Cards smile

It was all a little too chaotic though. I need to be running with a little more decorum haha. Professional gangsta. Before Bong joined yesterday my character had killed 3 cops, and those were just 'him or me' situations. My goal is to conduct my business under the radar if I can. Sometimes the sh!t hits the fan and the lead starts flying, but for the most part I'm trying to keep a low profile.

After the session I had killed 36 cops. You see the shot posted of Bong using the mini-gun. Well, just after that the entire LSPD arrived and it was a war zone. Bong left in a chopper and I was there all alone fighting off waves of cops and helicopters. I wanted to spawn a chopper to make my own escape, but to do that I had to retire from Weed, become a CEO, and request the helo. While I was fumbling through the menus I was unceremoniously gunned down in the parking lot.

The Jetsons stuff was fun to see and play with, but flying cars and motorcycles, Up-and Atomizers and that sort of stuff is too far away from the gritty street crime vibe that appeals to me.

It's road map time. There is so much to do in this game, and most of it costs big money to get started. All of the properties and businesses cost significant sums. The resulting business work can be profitable however. It's important though, considering the cost involved, to make good choices and have things to do that will appeal to the player. It's no good to spend millions and end up having to grind missions you hate.

So with that in mind I've made some choices of the stuff I want to buy and the businesses I want to start. It costs a lot of money and will take time. And the order is still in doubt. Here's what I want to get next

-- Vehicle Warehouse. This enables you to run an Import/Export business. You need to have an office first. I have already purchased Lombank so that's taken care of. Sourcing and selling cars is one of the best money makers in the game. Selling the cars requires a public server. But I'm no longer averse to this. There are ways to mitigate the pitfalls, and now that I have some experience and rank, with better gear it's not so bad in public. I'm aware of the 32-car trick to ensure I am selling only top-end. What remains is the choice of which warehouse to buy. Price is important, but I also value access, location, aesthetics and online popularity. The cheapest of anything attracts the most players, so I avoid that as these are the spots that tend to turn in to warzones on a public server. I also want to factor in proximity to my other properties. The closer everything is, the faster and easier it all becomes.

The La Puerta Vehicle Warehouse is my first choice. Location is quite close to my office, and it's close to the Marina helipad and the freeway. It has ample room to land a cargobob. But it's pricy at $2,735,000. Any other suggestions that don't revolve on price?

-- Hangar. I just love flying in this game. This is far and away the best helicopter map I've ever flown on in all the years I've been simming. Just so much fun. A hangar will allow me to get personal aircraft and modify them. This is very appealing to me. And from what I have read, the associated missions with the smuggling business are fun. There's money to be made here, but modest. It's not the sort of thing you purchase to make profits. But it seems fun, and that's what it all boils down to for me. And if I can make a little on the side all the better. Another perk is that doing smuggling missions unlocks lower prices for aircraft. If you want to start a collection, this can save millions of GTA Bucks.

So again, I have to choose the location. Fort Zancudo is one option, and would get me access to the military base (and no more wanted levels if I get too near). You can easily steal a tank or a jet. But on the other hand it seems silly to run a large criminal import/export business from a military base, and it's located to the north of the city. Not far, especially when flying of course. But from a roleplay POV it doesn't fit.

That leaves Los Santos International Airport and that's what I am leaning toward, though I could be swung with a compelling argument for Zancudo I think. The slightly-less-rundown hangar there is $1,525,000. This is much closer to my other properties and isn't a military base.

LSIA Hangar #1

In order to keep and modify the aircraft I steal buy I also need a workshop at the hangar. That's another $1,150,000.

Total cost is $5,410,000!! I don't have that much

So that leaves deciding on which to get first. I want the hangar first because I would enjoy it more, but the lower income means a longer wait for the vehicle warehouse. If I go warehouse first I can have both a little sooner I think. The frequent sales will help (hangars on sale at the mo) and may shape which direction I go first.

Not really interested at this point in any of the other business ventures, Getting these two up and running should cover me for a long time.

Edit: It's gotta be the warehouse. I'll put the hangar off and make it my reward for running a successful stolen car ring driving

Last edited by DBond; 02/05/19 12:47 PM.

#4460033 - 02/05/19 03:36 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I'm glad you guys had fun, we basically ran amok and didn't accomplish much and I didn't even show you everything.There are subway tunnels and secrets yet to be revealed, there's even a crashed UFO under the sea at the North end of the map I'll have to get a screenshot of my stats. Here in no particular order.
Now to those of you unfamiliar with the game the Cops in this game will shoot you for a traffic accident, they are neither courteous or friendly, jus' sayin'

Attached Files Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2019.02.05 - 10.42.32.45.pngGrand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2019.02.05 - 10.42.36.12.pngGrand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2019.02.05 - 10.42.47.19.png
Last edited by KRT_Bong; 02/05/19 03:52 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4460068 - 02/05/19 08:44 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Darnit Bong, I have 85 grand and you've spent 71 mil on vehicles only biggrin
I know I'm 5 years behind but those numbers, holy moses

#4460070 - 02/05/19 09:26 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Safe to say he's enjoyed the game eh?

The numbers boggle, though with the amount of time I've been dropping I'm catching up haha

The view from my office looking east as a new day of opportunity dawns. The streets are quiet. The peace wouldn't last, but it was nice for a few moments

[Linked Image]

Attached Files officeview.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/05/19 09:28 PM.

#4460073 - 02/05/19 09:29 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by DBond
That was fun yesterday fellas, thanks for joining.

Seeing all the stuff Bong has amassed was cool. Lots of supercars, specialty vehicles, and aircraft and properties. Can't even imagine the amount of money tied up in that.

If I keep playing eventually I'll have a micro-version of that. To duplicate it would take thousands of hours, a generous hacker or a number of Shark Cards smile

It was all a little too chaotic though. I need to be running with a little more decorum haha. Professional gangsta. Before Bong joined yesterday my character had killed 3 cops, and those were just 'him or me' situations. My goal is to conduct my business under the radar if I can. Sometimes the sh!t hits the fan and the lead starts flying, but for the most part I'm trying to keep a low profile.

After the session I had killed 36 cops. You see the shot posted of Bong using the mini-gun. Well, just after that the entire LSPD arrived and it was a war zone. Bong left in a chopper and I was there all alone fighting off waves of cops and helicopters. I wanted to spawn a chopper to make my own escape, but to do that I had to retire from Weed, become a CEO, and request the helo. While I was fumbling through the menus I was unceremoniously gunned down in the parking lot.

The Jetsons stuff was fun to see and play with, but flying cars and motorcycles, Up-and Atomizers and that sort of stuff is too far away from the gritty street crime vibe that appeals to me.

It's road map time. There is so much to do in this game, and most of it costs big money to get started. All of the properties and businesses cost significant sums. The resulting business work can be profitable however. It's important though, considering the cost involved, to make good choices and have things to do that will appeal to the player. It's no good to spend millions and end up having to grind missions you hate.

So with that in mind I've made some choices of the stuff I want to buy and the businesses I want to start. It costs a lot of money and will take time. And the order is still in doubt. Here's what I want to get next

-- Vehicle Warehouse. This enables you to run an Import/Export business. You need to have an office first. I have already purchased Lombank so that's taken care of. Sourcing and selling cars is one of the best money makers in the game. Selling the cars requires a public server. But I'm no longer averse to this. There are ways to mitigate the pitfalls, and now that I have some experience and rank, with better gear it's not so bad in public. I'm aware of the 32-car trick to ensure I am selling only top-end. What remains is the choice of which warehouse to buy. Price is important, but I also value access, location, aesthetics and online popularity. The cheapest of anything attracts the most players, so I avoid that as these are the spots that tend to turn in to warzones on a public server. I also want to factor in proximity to my other properties. The closer everything is, the faster and easier it all becomes.

The La Puerta Vehicle Warehouse is my first choice. Location is quite close to my office, and it's close to the Marina helipad and the freeway. It has ample room to land a cargobob. But it's pricy at $2,735,000. Any other suggestions that don't revolve on price?

-- Hangar. I just love flying in this game. This is far and away the best helicopter map I've ever flown on in all the years I've been simming. Just so much fun. A hangar will allow me to get personal aircraft and modify them. This is very appealing to me. And from what I have read, the associated missions with the smuggling business are fun. There's money to be made here, but modest. It's not the sort of thing you purchase to make profits. But it seems fun, and that's what it all boils down to for me. And if I can make a little on the side all the better. Another perk is that doing smuggling missions unlocks lower prices for aircraft. If you want to start a collection, this can save millions of GTA Bucks.

So again, I have to choose the location. Fort Zancudo is one option, and would get me access to the military base (and no more wanted levels if I get too near). You can easily steal a tank or a jet. But on the other hand it seems silly to run a large criminal import/export business from a military base, and it's located to the north of the city. Not far, especially when flying of course. But from a roleplay POV it doesn't fit.

That leaves Los Santos International Airport and that's what I am leaning toward, though I could be swung with a compelling argument for Zancudo I think. The slightly-less-rundown hangar there is $1,525,000. This is much closer to my other properties and isn't a military base.

LSIA Hangar #1

In order to keep and modify the aircraft I steal buy I also need a workshop at the hangar. That's another $1,150,000.

Total cost is $5,410,000!! I don't have that much

So that leaves deciding on which to get first. I want the hangar first because I would enjoy it more, but the lower income means a longer wait for the vehicle warehouse. If I go warehouse first I can have both a little sooner I think. The frequent sales will help (hangars on sale at the mo) and may shape which direction I go first.

Not really interested at this point in any of the other business ventures, Getting these two up and running should cover me for a long time.

Edit: It's gotta be the warehouse. I'll put the hangar off and make it my reward for running a successful stolen car ring driving

get used to it...every update they give you previously like 1 million to get you wet and ask 6, 10 million for each new vehicle. i'm tired of grinding,so i just kill people like a serial killer......i much prefer to have focus on turf wars and the busines competition, than those ridiculous saint row esque vehicles and story they came up for online.

#4460149 - 02/06/19 12:47 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

get used to it...every update they give you previously like 1 million to get you wet and ask 6, 10 million for each new vehicle. i'm tired of grinding,so i just kill people like a serial killer......i much prefer to have focus on turf wars and the busines competition, than those ridiculous saint row esque vehicles and story they came up for online.

Yep, though I have yet to reach this level of jadedness and cynicism. I still find it fun.

Grinding is a strange thing. Intentional grinding is a ticket to burnout. I read so many posts where players are laser-focused on money per minute. They do the same mission over and over and over again, in an attempt to make as much money as possible. Playing like this it's almost inevitable that the player will become jaded or burnt. So few it seems just play the game. Yesterday I did so many different activities. I did a lot of racing, which pays very little. It's no path to riches, but it's fun! I did parachute challenges, a bike race, helicopter racing, gang attacks, sightseer missions, shooting range contests, a time trial, stole a car, stole a helicopter, bought a sniper rifle, modified weapons and vehicles, bought a snazzy new jacket, held up a convenience store and escaped by helicopter, even managed to hook up with Oden and run a few missions.

Another player played the same mission 27 times in a row cause money. And then probably posted about how much the grind sucks smile

#4460157 - 02/06/19 02:03 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Speaking of racing... this is a pretty robust and fun racer. There is racing for every type of vehicle, planes, helos, jetskis, cars, bicycles, motorbikes, the works.

There are normal street style courses and also other variations such as transform, where what you are driving changes on the fly, and stunt races through and around fantasy tracks.

I really enjoy the street racing, especially motorcycles with traffic set to on. Anyone up for some racing, motorcycles in particular?

The street racing isn't popular online, I assume mostly because it doesn't pay all that much. But 3k for 3 minutes seems pretty good to me. And it's exciting, the money is a bonus. I was really liking the race called Going Down, which is a motorcycle point-to-point (not a lap race) through the city traffic, and includes a nice jump. Doing these races with a few friends would be awesome. I wish I had begun playing years ago when all of this stuff was popular.

Did anyone try this week's Time Trial at Del Perro Pier? I can't come anywhere near the par time. I used my modified Akuma which has a top end of just 110 MPH, but accelerates like a banshee and corners extremely well. Still 20 seconds off par it seems.

#4460182 - 02/06/19 04:45 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Escape by helicopter, haha neat - I need to buy one.
I tend to anti-grind, bought myself a speedboat the other day but first try the weather gods pissed on me and waves outside of my little harbor made me go 50% by air - almost got sea-sick.
Played even on Golf too, 2 birides and two bogeys - getting better.
Found the golden gun in treasure hunt too, was hoping for a good source of income so somewhat a dissapointment.

#4460184 - 02/06/19 04:48 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I bought a lot of vehicles that after a while I sold because they just weren't that great, like the Batmobile which had ungodly acceleration but was made of glass (great homing missiles tho). I have found that the best fast cash solution is selling the cars, once you have stolen them you and 3 buddies can sell 4 at a time and if you don't damage them you'll get $400,000 and after a short time delay you can repeat this.
Some vehicles will be unavailable or outrageously priced until you complete a mission with them and then they will be unlocked or discounted. And you'll have to be a CEO for some missions or run or Motorcycle Club for others, like the Weed Farm.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4460185 - 02/06/19 04:52 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
@ Oden as Bong snuck one in there

Yeah I saw in your character sheet you have a water vehicle. Where do you keep it?

We talked yesterday how to make the money with the revolver. Shouldn't take too long and it's 250k. You can go homicidal on the pier, or just do it like me and make it your main weapon for a couple of days. I ran the Ballas to the Wall mission a lot for the cash/RP plus it was a guaranteed headshot on the banger standing next to the car you steal. 50 might seem a lot but if you do any of the combat stuff it will come soon enough.

Last edited by DBond; 02/06/19 05:25 PM.

#4460187 - 02/06/19 04:59 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by theOden
Escape by helicopter, haha neat - I need to buy one.

It's worth it. Many players say that they think it's the best purchase they have made. One guy said it was the best thing he's bought in any game ever, Get a Buzzard. They are on sale right now, but it's still over a million. Once you have an office and are CEO you can rent these anytime but at a fee (25k?). When you own it, you can call it for free. There are other options as well since it's also a Personal Aircraft once you buy one. I like this one because of the clear side canopy, but it does cost 200 to call it in from Pegasus (small potatoes) and you have to drive to the nearest helipad. CEO Buzzards spawn right next to you.

I use it all the time. One of the CEO/VIP missions is called Sightseer. You have to collect three briefcases spread around the map in 15 minutes. You have to complete a mini-game (hacking) which reveals each location in turn and then you go pick it up. No shooting or cops. The Buzzard means you can do it much faster than in a car or on a bike. It pays 25k.

I think after an apartment, the best thing to get is an office and then either a cargo or vehicles warehouse, since this is where you make the money. A solo player can make about 240k/hour running export missions. Or less if you're me and you do one and then spend an hour flying around goofing off. Once you have this up and running, the income is there for toys.

You mentioned the nightclub yesterday and Bong could tell you more about that, and whether it's a good investment or not. Personally, I see it as one of the last things I would get, if at all.

I need another 600k to get my warehouse, and that will take until the weekend (and then I get the bonus February money too). The last set of events runs through today and fingers are crossed that they discount warehouses this week! I keep checking their site in anticipation. It's killing me! smile

#4460210 - 02/06/19 07:22 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Hmm ok, office and warehouse first then I guess.
Speedboat is on request and spawns in nearest harbor.

I got myself a bounty, 1000 bucks on my head, by an AI for throwing him out of his car and stealing it - anyone knows if this applies across sessions - to public session that is?

#4460211 - 02/06/19 07:32 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Haha, that's gold. Haven't managed it myself just yet.

As far as i know, and that ain't far, the bounty status will carry over to any session, so best to stay out of public for a bit.

To clear it, you need to stay outside of safe houses for 24 hours (and not get killed by someone seeking to collect). If you do this, then you collect the bounty.

Of course, 24 hours is actually 48 minutes. You can go in to safe houses, but the timer pauses while you're in there.

Good luck. If you go in to public to test people's reaction let us know how it went smile

#4460213 - 02/06/19 07:36 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: theOden]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by theOden
Hmm ok, office and warehouse first then I guess.

Well, that's my opinion, but you should do whatever makes it fun. The reason I recommend this is that this gives you a good income source, and that in turn greases the wheels for further ventures and toys. The office/CEO opens up lots of options as well. If you get the same one as Bong (Maze Bank West) your office would be right across the street from your apartment. It's also the least expensive.

Speedboat is on request and spawns in nearest harbor.

I wonder if it's the marina next to the helipad? The marina with the submarine? (Duh, you said nearest harbor so would depend on where you make the call)

I'll check out your boat next time we are on together.

#4460214 - 02/06/19 07:41 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

The time I tried the boat it was a marina with a single helo standing at its parking, like south east of my apartment

If Bong says night club is no good I think it's wise to listen haha smile

Bong and I was just out on a long sightseeing btw, ended up with a hostage rescue (lots of shooting, it's a Bong session after all haha) but I kept dying so we failed.
(Rank 20-something now)

#4460222 - 02/06/19 08:48 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

DBond, remember we talked aboot Stilt Houses?
Annoying loading screens it seems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_QQ30fNoLo

#4460227 - 02/06/19 09:13 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I watched it without sound (at work). Gotta agree with most of what I saw,

What about the loading screens? Stilt houses have different, more annoying screens? Take longer? Some of the stuff shown there was essentially vanity stuff like the Swift and Luxor.

But I still think the stilt houses are cool (although I don't know why the guy here didn't like them). Compared to some of the other properties they aren't a good value. But that's not everything. There's no way really to justify spending 4X the amount of a lower high-end apartment from a cost or function viewpoint. But from a role-play perspective why not? Who doesn't want to live in the Hollywood Vinewood Hills once they've made it? biggrin

I might buy one one day just for a place to spend the weekends and throw decadent parties for my friends.

(Lots to do before then though)

#4460236 - 02/06/19 10:11 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Dbond you are new, so enjoy it, there are far more race now since the last two updates, but a year ago there was barely any tracks other then the ones released (also no one plays them).
Problem with online is too many cars shooting rockets, really makes unfair fight, or the the flying motorcycles with rockets....when it was only planes it was bearable, also most activity dont net you enough money.....and the business only work while you are online, takes too long, and you risky being killed while in transport by one of those rocket vehicles or a SATELLITE BEAM OF DOOM !
sure mind you, there are servers dedicated to help players make money, with no agression but, if you need this then the game failed. i was very excited about the possibility to attack other players and steal their cargo, or fight off whoever tried the same,in the beggning we would make blockades, with heavy vehidles i in the street to force them to slow down like the movies, follow with a sniper on the helo trying to get the driver, but when you add all those destruction vehicles, its not fun anymore,they will simply blow your cargo and thats 16h you wasted.

i havent been online for a year and half, i'm having way more fun modding the single player to my level of experience, modifying guns parameters, damage given by guns so peds dont die in one shot in the leg/feet, how much kinect impact each bullet does, so people die realistically, cars handlings, adding more vehicles, geting script for smarter AI, more peds, more variety in the world.
Online seems dead in comparison. i really wish they had implemented the boss system better, so that a "family" would control part of the city with businnes and there would be a turf war to get their business netting you a bonus so all players would be engaged in this contantly moving war zone.

i always play tactical as you can see here, so it kinda frustrate me the way online is.

https://youtu.be/aniNXjrrdCY?t=1532

this is another frustration i see,rockstar only care to stop cheat that affect their micro transaction,otherwise its every new patch isa wave ban then new acounts full of hack again

#4460254 - 02/07/19 01:18 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You make some good points. I don't know how much play time you have but I'd reckon it's north of 300 hours? Even the best games can start to turn sour when you've dropped that sort of time in to it. For me it's even more acute, because if I get a game I like, I play pretty much only that until I burn out. It's a poor way to go about this hobby of ours I must admit, but there ya go. I'd get more mileage by mixing things up a bit more. Sometimes I come back to it. I've been through the cycle a couple of times with Elite Dangerous for example, and will go back again at some point.

The obstruction points you bring up, whether figurative or literal, are a big issue in public. No one wants to work for hours just to have some D-bag come along and blow it all up. I called it an issue instead of a problem, because frankly this sort of gameplay is encouraged and rewarded. It's really what it's about, from Rockstar's point of view. Some players play in that spirit, some players use that as a cover for their desire to just ruin your day. Public's a bit of a mess no doubt. But there are a few ways to do all of this outside of the influence of griefers and D-bags. And that's what I am planning to do, most of the time.

Most of what you take issue with seems to be common among long time players, and I have little doubt that eventually I'll feel the same way about various parts of GTA. As you said, I'm new, and for me it's fun.

As much as I rip public, it has a morbid attraction for me. I disagree that online is dead. I find plenty of populated servers, and at least "I" feel more alive in these servers. There is such a persistent and real threat that you cannot help but be hyper aware all the time. I like to just hop on my motorcycle and race through the streets as random players take potshots at me. Aircraft get me sometimes, but not much you can do aside from try to hide, and that's not the point smile

I completely agree with you about the futuristic stuff. I'm late to the game, and all this stuff was already part of it. But I'd prefer if the Deluxo, Oppressor, Up and Atomizer and other things of that sort were not in the game.

For me there is only one thing that is needed to transform public gameplay. The single best thing I can think of would be a server option to remove player icons from the map. It would be a different game. It would be fun, still dangerous, and reward proper gameplay. At least, in my opinion.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.