Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
#4458396 - 01/23/19 03:53 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
so the Online game is a bit of a grind especially as a lone wolf, but essentially it gives you prompts for everything from your criminal contacts (which you can turn most of off after a while). Once you get to a certain level and filled bank account you can purchase businesses from which you can run your criminal enterprise that includes car theft missions of high end iron, which makes the most money quickly at first so it's a great start, you have to become a CEO (only the most expensive rides should be sold the rest just sit in your special chop shop garage). Many times there are special events which earn you double, Stunt Races, Death Matches, Arena Races etc you can access custom content made in the editor by going to the Social Club webpage or if someone puts them up in game. My in game name is KurtBong, add me and you can find my Stunt Races as well as others by bookmarking them and then pulling them up in game. I'm not sure but I think you have to reach level 100 before you have access to certain weapons/jobs but they removed a lot of restrictions a while back. I have been seeing a lot of new players of low rank so if you can find a few to run missions with it can help you and yes, unfortunately there are some menu users still about and they usually can be detected in game by finding random weird objects show up in odd places, I just find a new session, however if there is no one in the session your missions have way more NPC's attacking you than if there are a few randoms around. The game prompts you to attack each others jobs but I usually leave them alone as long as they do the same.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 01/23/19 03:55 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4458398 - 01/23/19 04:21 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks Bong! Good to have an experienced player around. I'm a long way from level 100. Making money has been slow. I have about 100 grand now from my shady shenanigans. I somehow lost 54,000 though. I have six $9,030 charges on my bank account. The only thing I see that sells for that amount is the extended mag for the marksman rifle, a weapon which I bought. I also bought six 'boxes' of ammunition. But it looks like I got charged the extended mag price instead of the 100 bucks the rounds should have cost. Bummer. It's possible I screwed up, but if I actually bought the x-mag my rifle would hold 16 rounds instead of the 8 it does. Not sure what happened, but that's a big loss at this stage.

What goals should a new player be looking to reach? I'm thinking a garage first to get the Elegy or whatever it's called.

I became a VIP but don't know how to benefit from that at this point. Are there any jobs there that I could do solo without matchmaking?

What's menu user? Is that another term for a hacker? One server I joined it was snowing. Is that a dead giveaway?

I'm sorta in limbo as I am running out of the easy solo missions and liquor store robberies don't pay much. I do them more for the rank. Stealing cars is fun, but not much money there and you can only do one per day. I can call Simeon, but the 'request job' is locked. How do I start getting his repossession missions?

If you are ever up for hooking up to complete some of the co-op jobs let me know. I don't trust any of the fools I've been running in to.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4458430 - 01/23/19 07:31 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I think I'll have a look at the contact missions. I was trying to get these by calling the dude or waiting for them to contact me but I see I have to go in to the Jobs section. These look to be a good way to make quick rep and cash, but at level 6 there are only a few open to me I think.

Found this today. Old news for vets, but for anyone like me just starting out there is some good info here, though perhaps some if it may be out of date?

GTA Online Mega Guide

After reading stuff today I think maybe i should forgo the starter garage and go straight for a luxury apartment. I can have 200 grand by tonight so that seems to be the best bet. I get a safehouse plus a garage.

I also see conflicting info on whether PC players get the free Elegy (Nissan GT-R). Perhaps it's been changed a time or two. I'll find out once I buy something with some garage space.

#4458600 - 01/25/19 01:54 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Those contact missions are the way to go. Most take about 5 minutes and net decent cash and cred. The grind was mentioned earlier and so far it's not been a problem at all. Compared to other grindy games, like Elite for example, GTA is a lightweight. Some things are really overpriced, like clothing. But other stuff, like cars and properties are quite reasonable.I've been playing online for just a few days and already have a pretty good ride (the free Elegy/GT-R), a good arsenal and a luxury high-rise apartment complete with a 10-car garage and a view of the beach and the golf course smile I like playing the golf in this game so I set up shop right next to the course. It's a trendy address.

As a KBM player I've grown accustomed to the controls, the combat and land vehicles are no trouble. But I just can't fly well with a keyboard setup, especially the fixed-wing stuff. Gotta get a controller. I have Dual Shocks and XBox One controllers in the house. Which way to go? The XB1 would be plug and play but the Dual Shock requires some additional software? Would my Cougar work with GTA? Would there be any issue in having a controller set up just for aircraft, but use the KB+M for the rest?

The hybrid way of playing the game is great. I can control how much I am in with other players and how much I am in a private server. The mix works well and eliminates the frustration of griefers and D-bags. I would play in public free mode more if the dots were gone. If there was a setting where the markers for the players were eliminated it would go a long way toward making it more fun.

The additional content is awesome. I didn't think I'd get very far playing public, and after the initial exposure that proved true. If there were no way to play privately I would have given up already I think. Public free mode is the sh!t can, the lowest common denominator. With all of the hackers on top of it it's pretty bad. But being able to play in peace, and occasionally choose to join others for various missions works really well.

Eventually I will want to try the heists, but for that I need help. So if anyone is interested in hooking up and making serious fooking paper let me know biggrin There's no way I am going to try that with randoms online.

#4458603 - 01/25/19 02:09 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

#%&*$# DBond, now I feel I missed out.
I did buy this on steam last autumn but when trying to start the game I was forced to join some retarded club to be allowed to use the game I just payed for and old and bitter as I am that was a no go and I did a refund.
Been watching the kids play this on playstation for years and thought it could be something casual when not having the effort for flight sims despite having trouble with controls on the kids PS but hoped KBM would solve that for me.

Reading your always detailed reports here makes me think it could have been what I hoped it to be.

Anyhow, please carry on - I'm reading with a smile

#4458608 - 01/25/19 02:31 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oden my man, how's things?

It's not too late, we can rob banks and cause mayhem together ya know. thumbsup

Base jump off buildings, race motorcycles, steal drugs from local gangs and cruise the streets in our rocketsleds.

Yeah,, that's Rockstar's Social Club you're talking about. It's required on PC to sign up, but it does net you a few goodies, like the free GT-R, and there are some tie-ins to RDR 2. I just registered and that's it. Log-in is automatic and not intrusive at all.

I've done it all with no micro-transactions. I just bought the base game and that's it. Sometimes the game is bundled with a 'Shark Card', which is a way to pay real money for GTA cash, but as I found it's just a shortcut and progression in the game is fine without spending any additional cash.

I was reading some articles about GTA 5. It is the highest-grossing entertainment thing ever. Not franchise, but as a single release nothing has ever made more money, films included. They've also made 500 million in microtransactions alone and sold 90 million copies of the game. Good grief.

There was one player on a forum who said he has bought $3,000 in Shark Cards. SMDH.

#4458623 - 01/25/19 04:34 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Would love to do that and I'm sure we'd have a blast but you 'mericans need to buy a new useful timezone!

/runs-in-circles-mumbling-swedish

#4458634 - 01/25/19 05:49 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This is true, as we have learned in Falcon. Svedenland is not well-placed honestly. It should be closer, but that's obvious.

But it all comes in to alignment on Sundays, don't ya know?

See here's the thing. As I said, sooner, or maybe later, I want to run the heists. For the cash money see? And if you complete them all, in order, and with the same crew you get an extra 10 mil. That's a lot of paper. So in order to cash in on this I need to get a crew together. So let's say there were three others beside me here who wanted to play GTA Online instead of endlessly discuss politics, movies and celebrities... just thinking out loud.... we could get together once a week on Sundays and get this done. Or just play golf or race jetskis...hang out at the strip club smoking ganja... just stop by the Richards Majestic, apartment 51 smile I'll host and even pay for the heist

But yeah, I know with times zones and the game being old and not everyone's cuppa, that I will not be successful in this quest. I don't want to play with randoms, but folks here so we can discuss it later over champagne and strippers. What's not to like. I'm just level 20 at this point, so a complete noob. Come noob it up with me

Apply within

#4458639 - 01/25/19 06:03 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Yes, the Ellegy is free but you have to have a garage or a house/apt, you can own a few of those and Bennie's does a retro customized version as well. You will hemorrhage cash all the time for various "services" and it used to be you'd pay Insurance on player personal vehicles you destroy although that was shut down because hackers had figured out a way to weaponize it and what we used to call hacking is now a paid for in game menu that one can buy to cheat in game.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4458649 - 01/25/19 07:07 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks, yes I bought an apartment and have the 10-slot garage and got the Elegy. A yellow one at that. It's quick and handles great. Really good car to have for free. My first car was a Sentinel, which was pretty OK, especially in the city. But top end was barely over 80 mph and that was too slow if I happened to be being chased on the freeway. So the upgrade to the Elegy once I bought my digs was a big bump in cop evasion ability.

The menu users just ruin it. I've been reading about it and how Take Two is going after these guys with the legal hammer. And how so many people are moaning about it. Boo hoo we can't mod. I expected a sh!t show in public but it easily surpassed my expectations. Really bad. That's why I need a crew and they can join my private server whenever I am on. And right now that's every night. East coasters would be particularly good. Well anywhere this side of Svendenland biggrin

The first heist is a two-man job right? Only need one more gangsta to run that one. But I'd be up for just about anything that doesn't include me piloting or stunt racing.

#4459019 - 01/28/19 02:47 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Having cleared the mountain of applications to play GTAO with me off my desk I realize I am about 4 years too late. Well the offer stands if anyone gets the itch. I really need 3 regulars, but looks like I will be spending more time with random fools. Actually, it's a mixed bag. I've had some really good runs with some random players, and had some turn out not well at all. That's the trouble, ya just never know and it's rather inefficient, to invest the time and have it all go titsup because the dude bails or gets killed in the opening seconds. I'm no GTA expert myself, but coordination helps a lot and a regular crew will get that down.

Hit rank 31, so decent progress, though ranks are unlimited and looks like there are players over rank 1000, so I am still a neophyte in the GTAO world. I've managed to gain a nice apartment in a luxury highrise complete with a huge garage, big screen TV and a bowl of fruit. Have three cars (GT-R knockoff (free), 3-series BMW knockoff (stolen) and a Grotti Carbonizarre, which looks mostly like a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta with maybe some Aston Martin styling thrown in. That one I bought with cash money. When I was just a low level street thug I dreamed of owning a Ferrari and now that I'm rollin' in it I splashed the cash. I also bought a street bike, an Akuma as it's called. Super inexpensive and very fast, but until I work out a controller, riding bikes is a bit of a mess on the kB+M.

Because I am playing strictly in first person, the cockpit view is very important. A high seat/low dash sort of arrangement works best and means some cars jut won't do. Especially muscle cars with the long bonnets.

A typical day starts with a round of golf, which is right around the corner from my digs. It's a 9-hole course and I play twice for 18. Usually shoot high-60s, shot a 66 yesterday. Golf is fun in GTA. From there I spend the day running missions like stealing cars, assassinations and retrieving various items for rich people. I also look for the Gang Attacks and get in to some combat. Maybe stop by the custom shop and add the latest unlocked mod, stop by the shooting range for a match against some random dude online, or just go for a cruise and rip through the streets at insanely high speeds.

One fun thing to do is hang out in the apartment where I am safe and watch the mayhem of the other players on the streets below. One rather entertaining helicopter dogfight took place right outside my window yesterday. People are nuts....

#4459024 - 01/28/19 03:25 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Are you driving with the keyboard ? I found that very difficult, too twitchy.

#4459029 - 01/28/19 03:50 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I am yes. I've gotten good with it. Not ideal, but certainly good enough. Have even won a few races online.

But for flying I need a controller. I tried getting a USB Dual Shock to work. I downloaded the DS4 Windows program which is supposed to make it work, but I failed and not sure how to get it working. At first it said device working properly, but seconds later it went to unrecognized and it no longer even makes the USB connect/disconnect tones. Not sure what to do.

Not a big console guy and maybe it has something to do with the controller being synched to my son's PS4. Perhaps a new controller would work. I have no idea really. But until I get some sort of analog control, flying is too difficult. I can manage in helos, but planes are a #%&*$#.

#4459044 - 01/28/19 06:38 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
These games are really designed for use with a controller. I'm a big PC guy but I still have a wireless Xbox 360 PC controller as its the only choice for some games in my opinion. I still play all the older games like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Hidden and Dangerous 2 and so on with mouse and keyboard as that's the only way to play and what they were designed for but some of these newer games are designed centered around a controller. Newer stealth games like the Styx series or the newer Tom Clancy titles benefit from a controller too. The controller gives you that slow analog movement control that you need. One of those will be perfect for a third person game where there's also driving and flying. However not every game gets the shooting mechanics, inputs and sensitives right with a controller either. Its rare to find a game that makes a controller intuitive and accurate across the board. I think a controller would really help you in this game DBond. Hopefully you can get that controller working. If not, the Xbox 360 controller is probably one of the best and its been invaluable to many of my PC games.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4459135 - 01/29/19 09:14 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DM Online content
DM  Online Content

Prague
I bought a hard copy of GTA5 but was unable to get it to work through my poor iNet connection, so I purloined a cracked version for me to play solo on my own machine, which was always what I wanted to do. It's a great game, I'm an explorer by heart and my way to enjoy this game is to explore everything that I can. The game engine is very robust and difficult to fool smile

I don't have any qualms using a cracked version given I have the hard copy (with map) on my shelf, but it does mean I've been unable to play any online version of this. Not a great loss for me, but I do see that other people have a scream playing it.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4459190 - 01/29/19 05:55 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: theOden]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted by theOden
#%&*$# DBond, now I feel I missed out.
I did buy this on steam last autumn but when trying to start the game I was forced to join some retarded club to be allowed to use the game I just payed for and old and bitter as I am that was a no go and I did a refund.
Been watching the kids play this on playstation for years and thought it could be something casual when not having the effort for flight sims despite having trouble with controls on the kids PS but hoped KBM would solve that for me.

Reading your always detailed reports here makes me think it could have been what I hoped it to be.

Anyhow, please carry on - I'm reading with a smile

Rockstar Social Club isn't what you think, it's where you keep your friends list and it allows you to join on said friends. On the webpage for it is how I share my content that I make in the editor. And as an interface anytime there is some major update to get rid of hackers you have to sign in through it.
It has been a part of every online Rockstar Game for a while now

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 01/29/19 05:55 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4459201 - 01/29/19 06:48 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Ah ok.
But I don't have friends so maybe it's a no issue biggrin

I'll give this another go and join you this weekend DBond.
Maybe Coot, DM and "KRT not Kurt" too will join us!

#4459236 - 01/29/19 11:34 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: Coot]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Coot
I think a controller would really help you in this game DBond.

There's no doubt. Hoping I can get it working. Maybe I should just order a XBox controller and be done with it.

Oh man, it's on now. Los Santos will never be the same smile

We can get you ranked up in short order, If you want to give it a go before then, this is how I start an Invite Only online session. Feel free to join public, but I'd recommend ranking up a bit first.

I start GTA to story mode. Once that loads, hit Escape click Online, and click play GTA Online. Double click actually and that will drill down to additional options like Solo, Friend Only, Invite Only. Solo is limited, but the other two are good. Actually I've only used Invite. Double click this and you are in GTA Online with no one else. Some missions with matchmake, but you are free to roam the gameworld, steal cars, rob stores, run missions, practice at the range and lots of other stuff. And you'll be ranking up as well. Be sure to set it to free aim (if you want/use a mouse) to get a 25% bonus to rank points

If you want to run missions, hit Escape, click Online then Jobs, Play Jobs, then Rockstar Created and finally Missions. More missions unlock with each new rank level, and there are only a couple available from Rank 5. But these are a good way to make money and gain rank, some easier than others. The ones to steal cars are good, and often you don't fire a shot. Just steal the car, evade the law and get the car to the dealership. Counterintuitively, the longer you take to do them, the more they pay. If you wait the full 15 minutes they pay the most. This way you can make 10-15k every 10 or 15 minutes and gain ranks quickly. If one were grinding, you'd try to do them one after the other every 4 minutes for the best money/minute. But I just take my time, make as much as I can and move on to a different thing.

If you play a bit before Sunday you'll get a car, some cash and weapons and maybe an apartment, garage and more. One of those Shark Cards can catch you up quick, but I am not recommending it.

Looking forward to it Oden, this will be a lot of fun. Quite a departure from evading SAMs over Belgrade isn't it? biggrin

#4459308 - 01/30/19 03:11 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oden, once you are registered let me know what your gamertag is and I will add you in the Social Club. And anyone else that wants to join. We are going to give this a go on Sunday, not sure what time, but probably early afternoon eastern. I'll wait to hear from O.D (sounds street :)) and see when he is available. I envision this as an open SimHQ server, no requirement to join others in their shenanigans. But it's not a griefer's paradise, there are plenty of public servers to get your groove on if indiscriminate killing is your bag.

The main reason I want to get this going is to get a crew together to run the heists. So hopefully we can eventually get four of us, that are team and goal oriented, to run these and rake in the long dollars. Earlier I said that if you do the heists in order, with the same crew you get 10 million. But it actually is that, plus no deaths to get that big money. There is also a bonus for the first time you do a heist. So this should mean some really good money for those who take part. The first heist doesn't pay well, but it has no up-front costs to the host and only requires two bangers to run it.

Bonuses are like this:

First time - $100,000 (first try)
All in order - $1,000,000 (in order)
Loyalty - $1,000,000. (same crew)
Criminal Mastermind - $10,000,000. (all the above and no deaths)

For the first session at least though I suspect we'll just be feeling it out. Missions, golf, cruising, whatever. Just have fun and rip sh!t up. Make sure things go smoothly and work out any kinks. Struggling to figure out a good PTT solution. No four-way radio switch in my GTA setup biggrin Hoping to avoid open mic. What do others do? Thinking of one of the side buttons on my mouse that I never use for anything.

My tag in game is (edit: PM me). I will change it once I think of something sufficiently cool and street. Address is Richards Majestic apartment 51. Just ring the bell. I've set my stuff to be accessible to friends and crew. Don't steal my stuff.

If you're new, I'd recommend working towards an apartment. They are 100% not necessary. But it gives you a safe house, and a safe place to spawn. If it's one of the high-end ones you get the ability to hosts heists (has the planning board). But the main reason to get one (or simply a garage, even the two-car one) is so you can get the free Elegy RH8 sports car. It's easily one of the best performing cars in the game and great to have early and for free.

#4459316 - 01/30/19 04:56 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: theOden]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Originally Posted by theOden
Ah ok.
But I don't have friends so maybe it's a no issue biggrin

Maybe Coot, DM and "KRT not Kurt" too will join us!

Funny thing is that I had so many people call me Kurt that I made my in game name KurtBong biggrin

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.