Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4459276 - 01/30/19 04:27 AM Download issues still  
AROTH Offline
AROTH  Offline

Leesburg, Virginia, USA
Ok, I went thru all of this back in September of last year where I attempted several times to re-load WOFF EU onto my upgraded PC. Avangate was kind enough to re-authorize my original product number from my earlier purchase. Nothing but failure and only "bin" files were downloading. I just gave up trying after days of trying.

Tonite, I bit the bullet and ordered the DVD which also came with the downloadable version. I attempted the downloads again several times without success, always getting only "bin" files. I tried disabling my anti-virus system and still received more failures.

Other than waiting for the DVD to arrive, what else can I possibly attempt to do to get a valid extractable download to occur. I have never had any download issues in the past with all of the other versions of OFF/WOFF except with this one.

Going nuts on this one........... attack

PS - Is the DVD version also going to give me the same results?

#4459310 - 01/30/19 03:26 PM Re: Download issues still [Re: AROTH]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Hi AROTH,

When you click on the link choose to SAVE it to download it and save to a folder on your PC. Do not choose to OPEN it, very big file bad idea. I suspect that is what you are doing.

When you download a zip on WIndows 10 it automatically allows you to "open" it just as if the files were sitting in a folder. Do not run it from there, first unpack the files from the zip by "copying" them to a new folder you made.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the download or the DVD - many customers have downloaded it fine and the file has not changed for a long time.

The DVD will have the exact same 4 files inside (3 of which are .bin files, and one is the executable) as per section 3 of the WOFF FAQ which shows you help on downloading, installing, and using a DVD including a screenshots (and also shows you what is in the ZIP file you download).

BTW if you do not finish the download it may well partially open or only have 1 or 2 bin files, that's because it's not complete and corrupted.
ISP issue, or you have not given sufficient time to download. Firefox broswers etc usually show you the file's download progress and you can see if 100% downloaded.

Anyway see the FAQ

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4459382 - 01/31/19 01:48 AM Re: Download issues still [Re: Polovski]  
AROTH Offline
AROTH  Offline

Leesburg, Virginia, USA
Hi Pol,

Thank you for your response. In regard to your first two points, I am downloading the file with"save". Then, I open the file with zip and get nothing but bin files.

Guess I will try some more.

#4459409 - 01/31/19 09:27 AM Re: Download issues still [Re: AROTH]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Maybe take a screenshot of the opened zip?

If there's no executable, then it's either the AV deleting the executable, or it's not fully downloaded (or corrupted).
Note you cannot save a file that is over 4GB to a FAT32 formatted drive (some USB drives sometimes are FAT32). It will be corrupted.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.