Hi all... brand new here, but a long-time simmer, and a long-time Cougar owner. The stick and throttle are both bone-stock, no modifications, and about 15 years old. They've always been very solid, no troubles, so I've never had to fuss with them much, but recently after a little break, I hooked them back up and found that both the X-axis on the stick and the ZR-axis on the rudder are off to the right (see pics attached). It causes enough yaw and roll to make things pretty unflyable.

No amount of calibrating using the CCP will fix this, and I can't seem to get the CCP to maintain some of the settings. I've done a lot of searching, but couldn't seem to find this particular issue. I've tried setting it to User Mode and manually calibrating, then saving that as a profile that gets loaded on startup, but the next time I open the CCP, the settings are back to default. I've tried re-flashing the stick with the newest firmware I could find, with no change. I've also tried adjusting the trim setting in the Axis Shaping tab of the CCP (which the software will remember), but when I set this to -7, it's just shy of center (still rolls the plane), and when I set it to -8, due to the size of the increments, it jumps over the center and begins rolling left. Can't set it to -7.5. In addition, this adjustment means that I can't give the plane full right aileron, since the trim setting seems to shift the entire range of motion, not just the center point.

I know the pots in these controllers are widely held to be not that great, and some have offered better ones in the past that people have modded their sticks with. I would put better parts in them if that would fix it, but I don't want to replace these controllers with the Warthog unless I absolutely have to--they are still pristine, no visible wear and tear on the exterior, and everything is like-new except for this, so it seems a shame to not try to fix them even if it's a hardware issue. EDIT: This doesn't help me with the rudders, but I suppose I can replace those easier than I can the stick... this is why I'm hoping this can be a software fix.

Does anyone know how maybe to address this?
Also, out of curiosity, are the Warthogs still supported by TM?

Thank you in advance very much for any assistance!

Here are my particulars:
Windows 10 Home version 1809
TM Driver version (in and out): 2.0.3.0
CCP version: 3.01
Foxy version 4.4.02
Firmware version 3.06

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ColonelPanic; 01/27/19 04:45 PM.