Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Chucky

Now I think I'm getting there!

That's encouraging thumbsup

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4453235 - 12/14/18 03:03 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Indeed it was. My eagerness to continue with the game overcame my resistance to change biggrin

Maybe this section will come alive a little now. I do have X4 waiting to be played but that has a steeper learning curve than E:D in my opinion.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4453236 - 12/14/18 03:06 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: Chucky]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
*Update* Now I think I'm getting there! Do you guys find it easier to deploy the probes the closer you get to the planet?

Yep, I do. Easier to sling the probes around to the far side of the planet.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4453250 - 12/14/18 04:25 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I just realised that the new orrery view was something that I mentioned on here some while ago that I would really love to have. Now I have it! I wish I hadn't had such a downer on this patch now,I made my feelings clear on the official FD YouTube channel as well frown I might go and delete that now.

#4453328 - 12/15/18 04:03 AM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
I was in a similar spot, Chucky.

The new FSS and Exploration, I got on with right away. But the new mining I felt Frontier went in the wrong direction. But at the end of the day, a good many players are enjoying the new mining. That's the important thing. And the new mining does work for me, something I'll do plenty of, no matter what I otherwise hoped it could have been.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4453341 - 12/15/18 05:46 AM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: Chucky]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Indeed it was. My eagerness to continue with the game overcame my resistance to change biggrin

Maybe this section will come alive a little now. I do have X4 waiting to be played but that has a steeper learning curve than E:D in my opinion.

The best thing about the X series is you can build a business empire that earns credits for you, so you don't have to waste time doing mundane tasks like trading or mining or running missions. But then you have to manage fleets and that can be a pain in the ass. If only you could control X like an RTS game, then it'd be perfect.

#4454858 - 12/25/18 12:47 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
JohnnyChemo Online sleepy
JohnnyChemo  Online Sleepy

Buffalo, NY
I’ve been getting back into the game as well. The new core mining is really cool and insanely profitable! I’ve been making ~50m/hr and having fun doing so!

Station rescue was another fun and profitable activity (though not new to this patch). The environment and the sense of urgency it gives was quite enjoyable.

The little bit I tried of exploration was (to me anyway) more interesting than the old “honk & scoop.” With my newfound liquidity, I’m feeling like the game is becoming a bit more “accessible” in that I can get the ships I want to use to try out the various bits of content I find interesting without the feel of the grind.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4455388 - 12/30/18 02:13 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  

Buffalo, NY
So I wound up mining my way to Elite Trade rank! I now have over 1B in the wallet, and for my next adventure I plan on doing some engineering of my AspX and my mining Python. Once I get those cranked up. A bit, I’m going to fit out a combat ship and try my hand at combat (probably a Fer-de-Lance).

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
-Robert Heinlein
#4455392 - 12/30/18 03:07 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
Deep core mining is really profitable with a little legwork (where to sell), there are a handful of mined materials that will give you either close to or over 1 million per ton. I just sold 105 tons of void opals that I harvested from the Ibor system at BD+47 2112. This is a big bonus for me... I love the Deep Core mining activity of blowing up the asteroids... I love flying my Krait through the asteroid fields and the suspense pirates in the asteroid fields and of trying to make it back to the port to sell my haul. I'll typically get interdicted once or twice on the trip to market.

I haven't tried the rescue missions yet, but that's next on the list.

------------
<Uh... put signature here... and stuff>
#4455397 - 12/30/18 04:26 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Congrats on the Elite Trade rank. That would be my next goal once I come back to Elite. I'm dabbling in SC but the experience isn't great at the moment.

#4455403 - 12/30/18 05:46 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  

Buffalo, NY
Void Opals are definitely the one to look for, you can get ~1.6m per and i usually get about 15 per asteroid I crack. You are right, the core mining gameplay is very engaging and fun. Not to mention you get a nicely satisfying explosion when you bust open a rock!

-Robert Heinlein
#4455407 - 12/30/18 06:35 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
I haven't gotten tired of seeing the shock wave coming rolling out and disrupt my shields. The dust cloud while you're moving around the broken pieces are a pretty cool effect... once and a while I'll get some screen icing if I hit a really cold pocket after splitting an ice asteroid. Overall, I'm really enjoying the visuals in the last content update. The lighting changes that are done during this update have added a lot too. I was doing some scavenging in an SRV and it was so impressive, to me, I ended up taking some screenshots... which I don't typically do.

------------
#4455431 - 12/30/18 09:43 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  

Buffalo, NY
Yes, I got alot of icing while blasting deposits as well. I also tend to bounce of the rocks as I'm moving around, I've taken a good bit of damage in the process!
I plan on getting out of the bubble and doing some exploration at some point, and getting some SRV time in as well. I hope I find some views that are screenshot-worthy!

-Robert Heinlein
#4455679 - 01/01/19 06:06 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Johnny,
When you’re ready to dive into combat, I’d suggest winging up with someone. Bounty hunting in a wing is much more profitable. Not to mention safer. There are several of us SimHQ-ers that usually run together most everyday. My in game name is Utumno, if you see me on and want to wing up gimme a message in comms.
<s> bo

#4455682 - 01/01/19 06:11 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: Bohemond]  
K6_Scorpion Offline
Ruler of the Free World
K6_Scorpion  Offline
Ruler of the Free World

Central FL
Has someone setup a SimHQ squadon yet?

------------
#4455709 - 01/01/19 09:38 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: Bohemond]  

Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by Bohemond
Johnny,
When you’re ready to dive into combat, I’d suggest winging up with someone. Bounty hunting in a wing is much more profitable. Not to mention safer. There are several of us SimHQ-ers that usually run together most everyday. My in game name is Utumno, if you see me on and want to wing up gimme a message in comms.
<s> bo

Hey thanks for the offer! I mainly play in Solo for now, as play time is somewhat limited. If I get the itch for some PVP, you're on!

-Robert Heinlein
#4455768 - 01/02/19 01:40 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
No pvp here, we run in a private group.

#4455827 - 01/02/19 09:03 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Meh. What's the point of being a bounty hunter if you don't hunt the real criminals in Open?

#4455855 - 01/02/19 11:38 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Had my fill of griefers and gankers. The nice thing about E:D is that you don’t have to deal with it if you don’t want. Just my opinion, of course.

#4455864 - 01/02/19 11:53 PM Re: Excited for Beyond: Chapter 4 [Re: K6_Scorpion]  

Buffalo, NY
Well I’ll admit that’s a lot more appealing! I’ll definitley hit you up at some point. What do you use for comms?

-Robert Heinlein
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.