Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 578 of 608 1 2 576 577 578 579 580 607 608
#4452533 - 12/09/18 04:37 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) **** [Re: SNAFU]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Hiya Chaps!

Thanks Rog, and the same to you and yours. santa I might go up to Derbyshire next weekend or leave it until Christmas week.

Plenty going off here with the St. Christoper's market and music programmes. The weather is good also for December after the storms of recent days.

Last edited by Old Dux; 12/09/18 04:37 PM.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4452688 - 12/10/18 04:41 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

A raw and messy morning. Patchy rain or freezing rain is falling over some areas of the state. The temp here is 33°F. at 11:15 AM. Much of our snow has melted leaving grass islands behind. The roads are perhaps slippery but fairly clear as far as I can see from my upstairs bedroom window. We are in a rural area and I have yet to see a snow plow no matter how deep may be the snowfall.

West of us, I suspect, the story is different, especially in the mountains. Schools are closed today. Bridges are icy. There is a chance of more snow today and tonight . As the storm pulls away north and east over the coastal area, cold air is following it and some places are already seeing everything turning to snow again. Tonight the temp will fall into the mid 20's F, and that may likely mean more freezing overnight and a slippery morning tomorrow.

We had a few blinks during the storm but our power stayed on. Over 250 K others power went off. Two deaths so far have been attributed to this big storm. Rain is expected this weekend with some flooding likely due to snow melt and the additional rain/

Dux:

Enjoy the warmth of your family which is always the best of this holly day season. I also wish for you and all a happy and prosperous New Year.

Disclaimer:My wishes haven't been as effective as I would prefer recently, so that happy and prosperous bit may be entirely up to you. winkngrin

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4452873 - 12/11/18 06:00 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

I woke and looked out the curtains this frosty morn. A few lines from that well known Christmas poem came instantly to mind. Below me the earth was all white once again. This time it was not snow but rather frost that covered the lawn and road beyond. We had a cold night. To be such a big storm the snow came and went quite fast. It was gone before I could unroll my snowman blue print. I never threw a single snowball. OK, I wasn't hit by one either.

Our sky is mostly sunny today and the temp at 11:30 is a warmer 36 ° F. / 2° C.

T'is the season best of all for memories me thinks. Odd how certain aromas can bring on a flood of memories. This morning from my steamy and enhanced bowl of oatmeal wafted the distinct aroma of hot, fresh pooped theater popcorn. I have never noticed that before. Maybe it was the raw honey or one of the other ingredients. It might have been the oatmeal itself?

Anyway thoughts of the old Center Theater in my hometown came readily to mind. That was once the "A" theater and finest in the area. IMHO if it were still in operation it still would be. Those multiplexes have loads of screens but totally lack the ambiance of movie palaces like the old Center Theater of the 40's through the 60's. These only had one screen but who needed more back then? I could only watch one date and one movie at a time.

The architecture of the Center Theater in the days when westerns were all the rage was distinctly south western. The walls were draped and between these gilded faux balconies surrounded the audience on either side. You could imagine lovely Spanish señoritas gazing down and flirting with their fans in the shadows of those balconies. Above you really twinkled a myriad of stars which shown down from a dark blue sky.

The carpet was rich and thick and the seats comfortable. I spent many happy hours there as I grew up. Back then, kids could safely ride their bikes or walk from their homes to the theater on Saturdays. There were always special shows for kids on Saturday mornings.

I sat there over my bowl inhaling the salty sweet aroma of yesteryear. Thoughts of exciting movies, lovely dates, some of whose names I can barely recall. Other's names and more came rushing nostalgically to my searching mind. All brief romances that had added spice to growing up a healthy boy in the south. I remembered seeing movies there with my dad on the very special days when he was home from his ship. All that and more form preparing a simple bowl of oatmeal. I got my monies worth from my breakfast this morning.

A photo of the Center Theater is attached. Click on it for a larger view. Note the first movie made in 3D is showing according to the Marque. I'd guess that places the photo in the 1950's.

I never saw that film. The first 3D film I saw was "The Wax Museum". The next was a western. I cannot remember the title. I do remember that when an Indian stuck a burning brand right in my face I dropped my popcorn and my date tried to run away. I calmed her down but my own heart was racing too.

Attached Files Center Theater RMT.jpg

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019
#4452901 - 12/11/18 09:58 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Chaps,

I have been following the series Breaking Bad which my future son-in-law ( yeah, 'J' is finally getting spliced! ) put on a 64GB stick for me. I must say there are some jolly violent, uncompromising chaps among the cast who are very keen to get their hands on large quantities of crystal meth which apparently is very much in demand. Last night's episode revealed stuff made from fulminate of mercury which blew out the gang leader's windows and completely ruined his grandma's chintz curtains.

Olga once tried cooking something like that for the squadron reunion in the same pan which she eventually used for the borscht soup. The resultant explosion blew off her war issue, canvas, wire reinforced undergarments and Leroy hasn't been seen since except in the form of pencilled illustrations in her war diary which are too indelicate to reveal.

Manfred von Richtofen

#4452902 - 12/11/18 10:09 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Loved those smaller movie houses and the grand RKO theaters with the fake columns and tall ceilings you mention.
Even up to ten years ago I would go to one close to the SMU campus and watch foreign films like Il Postino and Red.
That may have been the last family run movie house in the area.
The local one is where I last saw and heard Pepe Romero and his classical guitar. Nope. Last saw him at the local community college when taking a night class there.

They have now moved the art films to a modern multi movie hall but it's not as fun for me anymore without the good popcorn smell and water fountains.
The last movie I saw a couple of years ago was so sparsely attended that I tried to talk the lady into a friskier than normal behavior.
Unfortunately I did get to watch the whole movie. Oh well, have to admit, the pop corn was good. Can't win them all.

Busy with the season, hadn't popped in here but did try to text JRT with no answer. Glad to see you're OK, if a bit colder for just looking out the window.
We will be getting a wave of rain with a few snow flakes this week.
Stay warm, y'all, and safe; dodging missiles, snow balls and sliding vehicles.

#4452907 - 12/11/18 11:13 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Fittop:

Did not get the text or I would have answered. Thanks for trying. I'll try to send you a test text soon. The only time I ever saw "Gone With The Wind" on a big screen was in the old Center theater during its re-release in the late 60's. IMHO,the small screen does not do do justice to most films. Films like GWTW, and so called spectral films like "Ben Hur", "The Ten Commandments","Lawrence of Arabia"or just about any other film directed by the incomparable David Lean.

Look out for that text coming soon to a smart phone near you.

#4453189 - 12/14/18 03:40 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

Sorry about the screw up, JRT. The iphone crapped out with an apparent short that seems one needs an appointment to get fixed.
Switching to an older Android phone, it seemed easier to do it manually. I transposed a digit, so I missed the target. My bad.

My viewing of GWTW was in the famous 42 St of NY City having played hooky from school that day.
Actually I was observing a holiday. I did not discriminate.
I celebrated every holiday I knew of during the school year.

Chinese New Year, done in Chinatown complete with a dragon dance, fireworks and a Chinese menu; Columbus Day in Little Italy, St Patrick's Day,.. you get the idea. If my grades could afford it I took the day off.

Any new performance was a reason to go to see the The Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Loved the organ presentation and the leggy dancers. Remember seeing Around the World in 80 Days there.

With all that culture around the Big City, it would have been sinful to miss it. The Big Apple monicker was born later.

We are surviving the heavy rain, and hopefully no snow here; just winds of 50 mph expected tomorrow. My flagpole may have been the last 58 mph wind casualty a couple of years ago and I have not replaced it yet.

#4453686 - 12/18/18 02:17 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

For some reason I feel compelled to produce one of these every December. Guilty conscious I guess due to the garbage I've typed here all year. Ditto at New Years I'm afraid.

As usual, I warn you that clicking on the graphic will only produce an even larger one.

Attached Files Merry Xmas-HWH 2018-SM.jpg

#4454072 - 12/20/18 07:03 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

If for some reason you don't already know about it, IMHO you should watch this one as soon as it is available to you. It's the amazing Peter Jackson WW 1 film "They shall not grow old". Here is a remarkable but all too short video about the film with comments by Jackson. You may well be amazed, as was I, by what they did with, century old, poor archival footage of the "War to end all wars."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXMhv7E0o7c

HAPPY HOLLY DAYS ! 🎅

#4454104 - 12/20/18 09:44 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

Happy Holidays and I'm certainly going to step up the cooking at Château McGonigle during the holidays with traditional winter and Christmas foods like red cabbage, brown potatoes, "medisterpøsle" a big sausage with spices in addition to the minced pork meat, Wild cowberries and a fine peppersauce to go with it-A meatloaf is also ready for consumption. I shudder to think of the number of bike rides I shall have to do to burn off all that food.

It has been overcast for 8 straight days now and tomorrow, the 21st will be the year's shortest day with only 7 hours and one minute of theoretical daylight. Quite understandable that many people decorate their, house objects in the garden and various poles with lots of lights.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4454268 - 12/21/18 07:51 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

MG:

All those Dane prepared vittles sure sound good.

We have had dark days and lotsa rain too for awhile. Today is, however,brighter and partly sunny. We have a 20 MPH wind blowing out of the south. The last few days have been rather warm for December with temps in the low to mid 60's F. / 18° C.

This is the shortest day of the year, as you have cleverly worked out and mentioned. Doubtless, our pal Dux will don his rune covered robes and be off to some secret pagan ritual held deep in the wildest part of Wales. Or so it has been rumored for many years.

There he may partake in antediluvian Druid rituals so ancient and deeply mysterious even he, in his advanced age, has no idea what they are for or whence they came. The summoning of dragons might be one ritual. It is rumored a careless man stepped on a creature's scaly tail and was actually eaten by a red dragon last year. Of course red dragons are still quite common in Wales. They even appear on the official Welsh flag.

Another rumor (never fully substantiated) is that all the breweries in Wales throw on extra shifts to meet the high demand for Ale and Mead on this longest of nights. Days before the secret event, squads of robed figures cross and recross every neighborhood seeking fuel for the many ceremonial fires.

No one dare leave wooden lawn furniture or even dog houses where they might be discovered and end up feeding the humungus ceremonial bonfire that is so large and hot it continues to burn for three days and nights beyond the solstice. You can still find where previous ceremonies were held by the large circle of melted rocks and the occasional liquefied automobile.

Unwary men or women who stray too close to this all consuming blaze have been known to be burnt to a crisp on the spot leaving nothing but a light ash. After several unfortunate accidents, due to their combustible nature, after shave lotions and creams are now prohibited. After several spontaneous combustions that really shortened the festivities for far too many revelers, fireworks are also no longer allowed.

Those planning to over indulge in the imbibing of strong spirits are warned to stay far from the incandescent bonfire or risk instant Self-immolation. No slouch when it comes to self preservation, Dux always wears his asbestos drawers under his robes plus an equally flame retardant Studley Grange Badgers football jersey. He is always ready at the first hint of the distinctive and acrid aroma of robes burning to shuck himself safely out of the flames and go on indulging in the pleasures of the night which are said to be many and varied.

It is, however, not true that at the very end of the celebration everyone is completely nude and intoxicated. No indeed, for they are usually all drunk and naked after the first hour. winkngrin

HAPPY HOLLY DAYS gentlemen. You too Dux.

#4454348 - 12/22/18 12:25 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Chaps,

Y'all have a Happy Christmas now and a great New Year!

Actually going up to Derbyshire in a few hours, setting off at 3AM to beat the late shopping maniacs who will be about around Newcastle-under-Lyme by 7AM!

'K' is in her element, staying in Glastonbury and up to her pretty neck in fairies, goblins, elves, medieval knights, UFO sightings and all manner of mysterious goings on. eek

Manfred von Richtofen

#4454607 - 12/23/18 09:49 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Glaedelig Jul from Denmark venerable ones!

H

[Linked Image]
#4454649 - 12/24/18 12:36 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

HeinKill:
Long time no see esteemed Danish one. We wish you and yours the same. 🎄 godt nytår as well.

I like the lastbil (truck?).

Dux:

Fun and frolic amongst old friends, eh? Good for you my friend. Happy holly Days to all those you hold dear and a happy, prosperous New Year. It is probably time you got some of that salt and sand out of your system anyway.

Good for "K". Almost home from her triumphs abroad. New English lands to conquer and hearts to break. ❤

I hope you check in when away from home. If not, then welcome home. winkngrin

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 12/24/18 12:40 AM. Reason: I used the POTUS' name in vain.

#4454676 - 12/24/18 05:22 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

It's finally Christmas Eve and time to celebrate. I propose we begin with Dux's favorite tipple, a very fresh bottle of Chateau Thames Embankment.

As always, I warn you that if you click on the graphic below it will only get larger and not better. Sadly it is the best I could do. I am still transitioning to the 2018 version of Photoshop and the 2019 is waiting for me to download.

HAPPY HOLLY DAYS. SALUTE!

Attached Files thames-embankment-Label_SM.jpg

#4454868 - 12/25/18 04:30 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Fittop Offline
Fittop  Offline

US
Y'all,

It's Christmas Day and not too late to wish all of you that have made time here in these forums so enjoyable and instructive, a Very Merry Christmas or whatever holy day you celebrate this season.
I am including the contributors in this thread, and the Bill Grants and HeinKills and so many others.
Thank you all.

#4454876 - 12/25/18 07:11 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
Jolly Roger Two Offline
Experten
Jolly Roger Two  Offline
Experten
Hotshot

Sims, NC,USA
Folks,

Indeed, it is Christmas Day. Sunny early on but cold (in the high 20's F.). I agree with your sentiments Fittop. May I say the addition of yourself and OG has meant quite a lot to me this year. Thanks for being here.

I'm going to tell you a story. A Christmas story. No, not That story, a modern story. In fact, an uplifting story of this very Christmas.If it pleases you to do so, think of "Silent Night" playing in the background as you read. In fact, any carol would do nicely. It is entirely your choice.

A Holiday Miracle

A few days ago, my former daughter-in-law's sister Jennifer was out shopping for a last minute gift. She noticed a small dog in the parking parking lot.The little female Peekapoo was walking in a tight circle. Jenn sat in her car and watched for a moment. There was something wrong with that dog she finally decided.

Getting out of her car, she approached the little dog that was still circling. It was easy to see the small animal was in some distress. It was dirty, the fur on her back was very thin for the pink of her skin shown through. She showed no sign of knowing Jenn was even there though the woman was close enough to touch her.

Pitying the poor creature, Jenn spoke to her in a soothing voice so close to her now she could see the dog was covered in fleas. Still the dog paid her no mind. Jenn decided the poor animal was both deaf and blind.

Though she had never picked up a stray animal in her life, Jenn's heart ached for this dog. Where had the dog come from? How had she managed to get there with such major handicaps? What should she do to help? What could she do?

On Sunday no vets were on duty. Jenn decided to take the dog home and minister to her the best she could. She tenderly picked the pup up and cradled it in her arms. Jenn was surprised how light the dog was. So weak was the animal she never whimpered, growled or barked as Jenn took her to her car. Jennifer put the ailing dog inside on the passenger seat next to her. One hand was on the wheel and the other rested near or on the dog.

The dog sat there making no sound or moving as they drove to Jennifer's home. On arrival, Jenn and her kids did all for the dog they knew how to do. They washed her, got rid of all the parasites they could see and their eggs. They cleaned her blind eyes. One was sunken in the other an odd color. They placed the suffering dog in a warm spot on a pillow. The kids comforted the dogie as best they could.

About then, my former daughter-in-law, Denise, knocked at the front door and came on in. She is a highly trained Paramedic. Discovering her sister had a new guest, Denise took charge and examined the Peek.

Heart rate OK. Breathing, OK. No noticeable injury or sign of blood. Ears OK, no sign of mites. Mouth and airway clear, etc. However,the dog was now lethargic and listless in appearance. She showed no response to touch, sounds or light stimulate. The dog was indeed both blind and deaf.

Sadly, there was evidence of a muddy human shoe print on one side where there was still some fur. Someone had apparently kicked her. There was no clear sign of mange but her loss of fur was extensive on her back.

Denise brought the dog here. The Peek was separated from the local critters by a small cage. The Pup, now christened Mary, was reclining on a soft blanket lying on a pillow.

My granddaughter came up to my room. I was asked to look at the patient and I came downstairs at once. What I saw seemed a terrible conspiracy of both man and nature. It was impossible for anyone with any empathy to look upon that poor creature without feeling her pain. OK, it was possible for at least one person (remember the shoe print). May his or her nether portions be afflicted with painful boils.

It was difficult to tell the age of the dog. I decided it was likely elderly with so many infirmaries. Dogs usually live about 14 years if they are well cared for and lucky. This one was likely well past her sell by date. No matter how good life had once been, one could not help but feel sorry for the elderly lass.

Mary drank a little water and was made warm and comfortable as possible. How long had she been on her own I wondered? It had been quite cold the last several nights. I tried to imagine what she must be thinking of after her sudden change of circumstances? Especially without any benefit of sight or sound. As I watched, with a sigh indicating relief, she seemed to finally relax. For the moment her tribulation was over.

It was no more than an hour before there were some more signs of improvement. She ate a bit of soft food and drank a bit more water. Now, if she took a poo and a pee I'd really be encouraged. This she finally did during the night. I checked on her before retiring for the night about 11:30 PM.

She had wriggled out of her blanket but still remained on the soft, down pillow. As far as I could see, she was resting comfortably. Her ordeal perhaps forgotten and feeling no pain. Maybe she thought she was at home? Wherever home was.

I was standing near Mary watching her breathing peacefully. The living room was deep in shadow. It was lit only by the large Christmas tree. Looking down upon that little relaxed form, I felt a pleasant sensation of happiness and peace.

We forgot all our suppositions of wrong doings and animal cruelty when Denise found a "Lost Dog" notice on Facebook. We knew it was from the frantic owners of "Mary".

The owners of the pup turned out to be two elderly ladies who lived not very far from where "Mary" was picked up. Denise easily found the pup's home and returned the dog to its proper owners who were overjoyed to see her again.

The little canine was 17 years old, blind and also deaf her owners said. They had had some work done in the house recently and with workers going in and out the dog had disappeared.

When they missed the dog the two ladies were heart broken. They thought they'd never see their pet again. They placed the notice about their lost dog on Facebook not expecting much from it.

It is reasonable to think such a good ending a Christmas miracle. For a helpless, blind and deaf little animal to survive the dangers it must have encountered, it seems incredible.

If I may think of Christmas 2018 in the days and years ahead, I will always remember an innocent, lost pet, and her loving rescue by a total stranger. I'll remember her recovery here with us and her unlikely but happy Christmas Eve reunion. Then, no matter how cold the weather, I will feel warm and I will smile.

Happy New Year

#4454889 - 12/25/18 10:47 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Gentlemenses,

First off - Merry Christmas to all. I hope you had a day blessed with family, friends and the spirit of why we celebrate this holiday.

Missed bag here for me. Wife’s side of the family; sister-in-law, niece and her family and a nephew. A seven and five year old kids always make Christmas more joyful. Good time and good food. On the flip side we had planned on some sightseeing flights, but yesterday when I went to prepare I found that my front landing gear tube had leaked out all its fluid and would not hold a refill and gas pressure. Darn. So no flying and am now looking at about $400 repair cost.

Also, my spirits are low right now because of this bad turn in the stock market. I am heavily invested and took quite a loss in the last three months. A real hit. Seeing that much money disappear from my account gives me a sick stomach. Fortunately I don’t have to have that money to live day to day and can wait until it turns around. Been through it a few times so I know the drill.

In six months I will qualify for full age Social Security. So that will help my monthly balance.

But this loss makes me less comfortable making larger purchases and expenses. And I have a good one coming up in February. I am having the plane painted. I am doing the whole ride. Strip to bare metal, repair of all small dents, cracks, etc. then a first class paint job. Total is going to be close to $14,000. But I have been getting by with the original 1969 paint and it is getting weak. The interior has been completely redone so now it is time for the exterior.

This is the paint scheme I am favoring.

[Linked Image]

If anyone has an idea for consideration I would love to see it.

Well, that’s all I have to contribute.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4454915 - 12/26/18 02:36 PM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Gents,

I hope this second day of Christmas finds you well and well-fed.

Oldgrognard; I can only applaud the plan to paint your plane in the Danish colours Red and White!. The black and gold are not represented in our flag but they do look very smart on the image so I would only suggest you talk with Roger with regards to him providing you with a transfer decal containing the portrait of our First Lady here in the HWH halls; Olga! biggrin

I too fear to look too closely at the developments in the markets these days; all the figures are blood red and it takes a certain amount of stoicism not to set the immediate environment off into nervous vibrations, transferred from my shaking body.

As the sun was briefly out this am I hopped on the bike to enjoy the clement weather. came home with freezing toes and in a great mood.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#4455010 - 12/27/18 11:07 AM Re: Here's what happened (Continued) [Re: SNAFU]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Gentlemenses,

JRT - I applaud your former daughter-in-law’s rescue of that dog. Good heart she’s got there fella. I worked with a dog rescue group for a while in Georgia. I was what was referred to as a “Rescue Failure” because I was fostering a dog and wound up telling them I was keeping him. So I got another. Wound up keeping her too. Turns out that I couldn’t foster and then let them go.

So I really respect people who rescue animals. We humans don’t do too well with animals most times. Watch how people treat animals because that is how they would treat you if they could get away with it. Shows a lot about them.

MG - I have become lazy and less fit. I really should be doing some serious biking, but just can’t seem to find the interest. I know I would benefit from it. Seems once I turned 60 I just lost the desire to do any physical workout. I have really become a lazy slug. How about a picture of you and your bike. You may have done so earlier, but I’m a newbie.

Yes, that was my plan all along. Do my plane in the National colors for Denmark. 😃

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Page 578 of 608 1 2 576 577 578 579 580 607 608

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.