Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 95 of 112 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 111 112
#4446768 - 11/03/18 01:26 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller ***** [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
In MMJoy2Setup I don't know. You can map two logical buttons ("joystick") for ON and OFF of physical ON-OFF-ON switch (H/W button), but don't see option for map two physical (H/W button) button (of ON-OFF-ON switch) for the same logical button ("joystick" #3).

[Linked Image]

But using an keymapper (SVmapper, JoyToKey...) "mapped on press" and "mapped on release" functions is possible.

Or use a DPDT ON-ON-ON switch.

https://www.mouser.com/Electromechanical/Switches/Toggle-Switches/_/N-5g2j?P=1z0z2xkZ1z0z2o3

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4447266 - 11/06/18 06:48 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
Coincidentally in il2.ru was posted this scheme for use a ON-OFF-ON switch as ON-ON-ON, using diodes:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Link for topic (in Russian): https://tinyurl.com/yas9br9t

#4447956 - 11/10/18 07:47 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
Thasiet Offline
Thasiet  Offline

Pretty sure 32 inputs + 4 axes doesn't get a whole lot smaller than this.

Attached Files JJS08887.jpgJJS08889.jpg
#4450943 - 11/29/18 04:28 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Alright, I need help.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why mmjoy2 is not showing button presses from the shift register hooked up to my ProMicro.

Hardware:
ProMicro clone
This shift register board with 3x 74H165 shift registers.

Shfit register board is connected to ProMicro as follows:
MISO - D2
CS - D3
5V - VCC
GND - GND
Edit: SCK to SCK [D15]

I have the ProMicro set up with mmjoy2 (config attached) and have even verified that button presses work using the button matrix settings by setting two pins as a single row/column and shorting the two pins.

None of the hardware button indicators light up when I short the switch pins on the shift register to ground. I have tried several different MISO/CS pins with the same result. I even swapped with the other shift register board with the same result.

Other notes: if I remove the plug from the shift register board, the hardware button indicators kind of spaz out, flashing intermittently.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Attached Files mmjoy2.PNG
Last edited by StarfuryTH; 11/30/18 05:11 AM.
#4450944 - 11/29/18 05:02 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Originally Posted by StarfuryTH

Alright, I need help. (PLEASE)

I cannot for the life of me figure out why mmjoy2 is not showing button presses from the shift register hooked up to my ProMicro.

Hardware:
ProMicro clone

MISO - D2
CS - D3
5V - VCC
GND - GND

I have the ProMicro set up with mmjoy2 (config attached) and have even verified that button presses work using the button matrix settings by setting two pins as a single row/column and shorting the two pins.

None of the hardware button indicators light up when I short the switch pins on the shift register to ground. I have tried several different MISO/CS pins with the same result. I even swapped with the other shift register board with the same result.

Other notes: if I remove the plug from the shift register board, the hardware button indicators kind of spaz out, flashing intermittently.

Had you said the Magic Word I may have helped you ..........

......Oh.... ok..... to start where is the 5th wire? SCK.....

The better Firmware is 20160818 too in my experience , the one on the Wiki is very outdated...

https://sites.google.com/site/mmjoyproject/fajly-dla-skacivania

the later one has a few bugs for some.....

KB

Attached Files Handle_FLCS Wiring Colors.jpg
Last edited by Kbird; 11/29/18 05:03 AM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1
#4450985 - 11/29/18 01:53 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

PLEASE smile

Post edited, SCK connected to SCK.

#4451028 - 11/29/18 06:02 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Alright, I need help.

Hardware:
ProMicro clone

MISO - D2
CS - D3
5V - VCC
GND - GND
Edit: SCK to SCK [D15]

You really need to give more details so someone can help you, and use the MMjoy Pin designations, so we aren't mixing them with the Arduino labels (see below), but it sounds like you either have a short or are missing a resistor perhaps on the SR Board ...this was my issue...as the included PCB layouts were incorrect.

Not sure what "plug" on the SR PCB you are unplugging? pics and diagrams may help some spot something.....

- have you tried the suggest FW above?

- Is SR PCB homemade or purchased?

- Is the SR Board the only thing connected to the Pro ? ie no TLE5010 boards?

- Do you have Buttons connected to the SR PCB ?

I am not an expert on this so hopefully others will chip in once they have some more info to work with.....

KB

Attached Files Pins_Arduino[promicro]_Axis Pins.pngShift Register 74HC165_Board _GOOD_Layout.pngShift-_Register-74_HC165_Board_jumper wires.jpg

#4451039 - 11/29/18 07:25 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Link to the purchased shift register board is in the post, along with a diagram. I can’t seem to upload that picture to the thread from my phone, but will try later tonight from my computer.

The SR board has mini molex connectors all over it, making some of the connections easier, but the pins are labeled.

Mmjoy2 appears to be using the same labels I provided. VCC, GND, two designated pins for CS/MISO, and B1 for SCK.

I did update the firmware this morning with that newer build, same result.
SR board is the only thing connected to the ProMicro. No buttons connected to the SR yet, just some wires (via plug harnesses) that I’m using to test before actually connecting things.

My electronics know how is very limited, but I have background in electrical, so I’m trying to get across the needed information. I just need to know what additional information is needed to solve the problem.

Last edited by StarfuryTH; 11/29/18 07:50 PM.
#4451051 - 11/29/18 08:36 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Link to the purchased shift register board is in the post, along with a diagram. I can’t seem to upload that picture to the thread from my phone, but will try later tonight from my computer.

The SR board has mini molex connectors all over it, making some of the connections easier, but the pins are labeled.

Mmjoy2 appears to be using the same labels I provided. VCC, GND, two designated pins for CS/MISO, and B1 for SCK.

I did update the firmware this morning with that newer build, same result.
SR board is the only thing connected to the ProMicro. No buttons connected to the SR yet, just some wires (via plug harnesses) that I’m using to test before actually connecting things.

My electronics know how is very limited, but I have background in electrical, so I’m trying to get across the needed information. I just need to know what additional information is needed to solve the problem.

There is nothing in your 1st post other than a pic of the MMjoy Config that I can see in FF or Chrome , that is why I asked .....if you purchased it , then I would be contacting the Seller for support 1st

The wiring is correct I think but I am using a Leonardo.....but got some ProMicro's for my second conversion since they are smaller.

#4451066 - 11/29/18 09:43 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

First post has a hyperlink titled “this” [shift register board...]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/74H...tml?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27a64c4dgkxlB5

#4451088 - 11/30/18 12:18 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

First post has a hyperlink titled “this” [shift register board...]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/74H...tml?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27a64c4dgkxlB5

I tried hovering for a Hyperlink but must have missed the word "THIS" , if you use the Full Editor you can use Bold and Colour Text too, to make it more Obvious.

I actually have some of those SR boards , the switch needs to be in MMjoy mode to work (Up with switch on the right looking at it) , they are actually a set for use with STM32 based Boards (Ejoy3) not the Arduinos, hence the switch, as Arduino buttons goto ground and STM32 goto VCC so the ground is different .....hopefully that is the only issue, slide the switch the other way and try it, I have not used mine yet as I haven't started my 2nd conversion yet.

Updated with Pics as PCB labels are Wrong

KB.

Attached Files EJoyV3_STM_MMjoy.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Wired1_Labelled.JPGEJoyV3_ATMEGA32U4_MMJoy Setup1.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Fritzing Pic.JPGEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Pin-Out Correction Pic.jpgEJoyV3_SR_PCB_Scheme.JPG
Last edited by Kbird; 12/16/18 05:44 PM. Reason: added correction pics I made for myself

#4451115 - 11/30/18 06:15 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Switch is in the correct position.

Hooked up as you've recommended, and even swapped MISO and CS pins to the other pins on the ProMicro, just to test.

Current connections:
SR - ProMicro
MISO - D2 (RX)
5V - VCC
SCK - B1 (SCK)
CS - D3 (TX)
GND - GND

If I flip the switch, all 24 buttons show as pressed. If I disconnect the MISO/CS pins, all 24 buttons show as pressed. If I set the wrong pins in mmjoy2, all 24 buttons show as pressed. If connected and configured correctly and I pull one of the 24 button pins on the SR to ground, no buttons show as pressed in mmjoy2.

Banging my head against the wall here.

Attached Files mmjoy2.PNG
#4451462 - 12/02/18 03:25 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Update:

Tested all of the input pins on both SR boards. Grounding pin #5 shows all 24 buttons as pressed. No other pins seem to show output of any kind in the mmjoy2 window.
With the switch on the SR board flipped, function is inverted. All 24 buttons show as pressed, connecting input pin #5 to VCC shows them all as not pressed.

Further testing shows that this happens no matter which pin the CS lead from the SR is connected to on the ProMicro. I can pull that lead entirely, or hook it up to a non-assigned pin on the ProMicro, and the same all-or-none button press described above can be recreated.

#4451473 - 12/02/18 05:21 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Here's the diagram of the shift register board. It's been suggested in another forum that the S/L pin on the registers isn't being used correctly.

My electronics background is almost zilch, so I can wire it up, but I have no idea what to do with this information.

[Linked Image]

#4451475 - 12/02/18 05:44 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

!@#$%@#!$%@#$

Took a closer look at that above picture/diagram....the CS and SCK labels on the board are freaking backwards from the diagram. Switch those, everything is fine.

So lesson for anyone using the the above 74HC165D shift register board from New Hope Electronics: switch the labels/pins for SCK/CS and it will work just fine.

Issue closed.

#4451479 - 12/02/18 06:13 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Here's the diagram of the shift register board. It's been suggested in another forum that the S/L pin on the registers isn't being used correctly.

My electronics background is almost zilch, so I can wire it up, but I have no idea what to do with this information.

[Linked Image]

Hi SF , sorry for not getting back here till seeing your posts today, I tried a few tests with mine and got the same issue as you actually but never got back to it , to try and figure it out ....

SO the CS and SCK Pins in the Diagram are swapped?

I am not sure even what the S/L pin is, could you elaborate? which Forum did you find that Info on?

Thanks for that info much appreciated as I had emailed the Maker of the Boards for advice.... but the Chinese language Barrier has made it a bit tough even with Google translate, without
an electronics background , same as you. NewHope is just one place he sells them, he is also on TaoBao and a couple of other places on line ,
he also has some posts on the DCS Forums for his EasyJoy3 (STM) board and the software for it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206267

KB

Last edited by Kbird; 12/03/18 06:03 AM.

#4451534 - 12/03/18 05:50 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

I was working this problem concurrently with someone on the #DIY channel of the HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT discord server. He helped me a bit with understanding how the shift register works, and described the different SR pins to me.

I actually figured out the swapped pins this morning while looking at that last pic I posted with both the diagram and picture reference of the board from the AliExpress store for the shift register. The “S/L” pin is their terminology for CS, and CLK is SCK. Except the labels on the picture representation and on the board itself are incorrect, showing those two pins as swapped.

I have only a very basic understanding of what all these pins do, but the fact that I had the same problems with what I thought was the CS (data leg) pin connected, disconnected, or connected to a different pin than specified in mmjoy2, clued me in to the fact that something was off. It was then that I started looking closely at the diagram to verify that things were labeled properly.

Now that it’s working properly, I can quite easily accomplish my cougar throttle switch upgrade project smile

#4451535 - 12/03/18 06:01 AM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

I was working this problem concurrently with someone on the #DIY channel of the HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT discord server. He helped me a bit with understanding how the shift register works, and described the different SR pins to me.

I actually figured out the swapped pins this morning while looking at that last pic I posted with both the diagram and picture reference of the board from the AliExpress store for the shift register. The “S/L” pin is their terminology for CS, and CLK is SCK. Except the labels on the picture representation and on the board itself are incorrect, showing those two pins as swapped.

I have only a very basic understanding of what all these pins do, but the fact that I had the same problems with what I thought was the CS (data leg) pin connected, disconnected, or connected to a different pin than specified in mmjoy2, clued me in to the fact that something was off. It was then that I started looking closely at the diagram to verify that things were labeled properly.

Now that it’s working properly, I can quite easily accomplish my cougar throttle switch upgrade project smile

Thanks for posting back , it will help me do a Second FLCS and TQS and CH stuff I picked up....not sure I would of noticed the swapped labels, he has more pics on his TaoBao Site which is wher eI found the other above and start labelling myself for easier reading.

SCK (serial clock) being CLK i knew , but don't think I have seen CS labelled SL though.

I am actually pretty surprised I am the only one who answered you , as usually there is lots of help here , if you need other Docs I have a FLCS thread I started for my 1st conversion and I posted a bunch of my wiring docs etc over there, may not help with a Cougar though...... link should be in my Sig.

Last edited by Kbird; 12/16/18 03:57 AM.

#4451573 - 12/03/18 01:13 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: Sokol1]  
StarfuryTH Offline
StarfuryTH  Offline

Definitely appreciates, but I should be pretty good from here:)

I’m not actually converting the cougar itself anymore. That was the original plan, but I stumbled on a TUSBA for sale, so now I’m just using the arduino stuff for add-on switches and rotaries. I will be converting my gameport CH Pro Throttle to usb, however.

But again, thanks for the help. I definitely wouldn’t be able to do this without forums like these for support.

#4451631 - 12/03/18 05:59 PM Re: MMJoy/MMjoy2 - Build your own USB controller [Re: StarfuryTH]  
Kb1rd1 Offline
Kb1rd1  Offline

Definitely appreciates, but I should be pretty good from here:)

I’m not actually converting the cougar itself anymore. That was the original plan, but I stumbled on a TUSBA for sale, so now I’m just using the arduino stuff for add-on switches and rotaries. I will be converting my gameport CH Pro Throttle to usb, however.

But again, thanks for the help. I definitely wouldn’t be able to do this without forums like these for support.

Actually I just picked up a gameport Pro throttle along with some Pro Pedals with the second FLCS and TQS ( box deal smile ) so I'd be Happy to see what you come across for yours , Why don't you Start your Own thread about that conversion? be good to have somewhere to collect all the info together.....

I also looked at TUSBA but there stuff didn't work with the FLCS and TQS I already had.

Page 95 of 112 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 111 112

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.