Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#77164 - 10/11/05 07:20 PM Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

**ADMIN EDIT:

PF, you should have listened to them and removed the link. Why didn't you?

OK, for your information, this site does not allow the posting of no-cd links, "how-to's", or "send me an email or PM". Is that clear?

We do allow a discussion of no-cd cracks in general terms, but we will not be used as the transmittal vehicle for same.

Do not do this again.
--20mm

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#77165 - 10/11/05 07:40 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Balsa Munitions R&D Institutio...
This has been out for a while, but nobody here has posted about it, because SimHQ (like 99% of gamer sites) doesn't promote No CD crack posts due to piracy issues, however good intentioned the post was. If I was you, I'd use the edit function and delete this thread.

Btw, you may be able to remove the Starforce drivers after the crack, but how are you going to get the .dll files back to their original state?

Hengist.
#77166 - 10/11/05 08:37 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hengist:
This has been out for a while, but nobody here has posted about it, because SimHQ (like 99% of gamer sites) doesn't promote No CD crack posts due to piracy issues, however good intentioned the post was. If I was you, I'd use the edit function and delete this thread.

Btw, you may be able to remove the Starforce drivers after the crack, but how are you going to get the .dll files back to their original state?
The no-cd "patch" replaces starforce affected exe as well as DLLs. I personally hate Starforce copy protection and because of that I didn't run SH3 up until today when I actually discovered the REAL 1.4b no-cd "patch" that removes starforce copy protection, the actuall files them selves are 1.4b so it's true "patch".

Peter

#77167 - 10/11/05 08:48 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
Hengist Offline
Hengist  Offline

Balsa Munitions R&D Institutio...
They're just the game .dll files and not what I was refering to. What about the system .dll files?

Anyway as I said before, regardless of your intentions, you shouldn't be making posts like this...especially when you've had the oppotunity to remove it.

Hengist.
#77168 - 10/11/05 08:56 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
Kraut Offline
Kraut  Offline

Kit. Ont. Canada
You best listen to him PF or you gonna get WHACKED!!!! :rolleyes:
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

#77169 - 10/11/05 09:45 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
Skii Offline
Skii  Offline

Slough, Berkshire UK
Well, I for one will be hunting the no-cd exe down if it exists!

#77170 - 10/11/05 09:55 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
Skii Offline
Skii  Offline

Slough, Berkshire UK
Found it, and now my DVD is in a safe place

Cheers Peter !

#77171 - 10/11/05 11:42 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hengist:
They're just the game .dll files and not what I was refering to. What about the system .dll files?

Anyway as I said before, regardless of your intentions, you shouldn't be making posts like this...especially when you've had the oppotunity to remove it.
Sorry, what system *.dlls are you talking about ? Starforce copy protection has two parts:

1) system drivers (updated with new games)
2) game files that comes with a specific game

The above mentioned "patch" removes starforce from SH3 game files...this includes SH3.exe as well as the GAME dlls. If you want to remove Starforce copy protection [system drivers] from your computer you have to use "starforce removal tool".

Making personal copy of a game you bought is not illegal. I'm not here to promote "warez"....I though I made that clear. If SimHQ has problem with my post they can remove the link and I won't complain about it. However I don't see myself breaking the rules here.

Company that made starforce is breaking the rules here from my point of view. SH3 install program - installs without my permission starforce system driver that can cause problems and stability to my computer. It checks for certain type of burning software that people legaly use for their own purposes. It also takes control over USB ports and CD/DVD burners, this to me is unacceptable. I should be in control of my own computer, not ubisoft or starforce.

#77172 - 10/12/05 12:18 AM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :)  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
PF,
Go up top and read your post again. The issue with legality has been beaten to death and remains a gray area. What is not gray is our site rules, which I have stated above.

As for StarForce, that has been discussed repeatedly as well. Take a look at the first sticky in this forum.

BTW, you can have your opinion on StarForce, lots of folks do, and they're not all positive to say the least.

But no matter what that opinion is, SimHQ's rules on no-cd cracks are what they are.

Thanks.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#4449866 - 11/21/18 08:49 PM Re: Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b No-DVD check and NO starforce :) [Re: Anonymous]  
BLiTZKRiEG Offline
BLiTZKRiEG  Offline

MEXiCO D.F.
I am full aware I resurrect a zombie-thread here.

The reason I am doing it nevertheless is that newbies may find it frustrating to get SH3 to work on today's computers and find this topic the same way I did: Using Google.

Now what I want to mention is that at the time of creating this thread the above moderation may have been adequate, it no longer is because the removal of Starforce for SH3 has been approved by Ubisoft themselves. You may want to check I am correct by reading up this thread on Ubisoft's own forum: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...ter-III-without-the-DVD-in-the-DVD-Drive

Another alternative to address this issue is [SFSF-MODULE] - The New Solution for "Steam" & "Starforce" Issues
and to avoid copyright discussions I build in a function that checks if you got an install of SH3.

Hope this helps many of you guys enjoy this nice old game.

If you have feedback, you can of course meet me on https://tinyurl.com/DEFTEAMSPEAK

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.