Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4411785 - 03/20/18 11:05 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
It's useless to speculate at what price it will stop at or rise to, the market is not very rational. Prices go up and down without much concern for the fundamentals. GE's fundamentals have not changed significantly over the last year. Their earnings prediction for next quarter is very low which is why so many people are selling the stock now.

Watch for these things:

A) Are they planning a company wide bankruptcy

B) Do they have more assets than debt (They currently have more assets than debt)

C) How do their revenues look for the coming year (Next quarter may be rough)

These kinds of stocks have a long history of bouncing back strongly after hitting lows like they are now. Watch very carefully for positive revenue news or even a CEO change. Now may be one of those opportunities to grab a stock that'll double in a year if the revenue goes back up or they decide to increase the dividend again.

If you like a bit of thrill, you can try a PUT/SELL on it without much risk but a lot of reward. If the price tumbles because of a bankruptcy announcement or panicky retirees, you'll make bucketloads, if nothing happens within the time limit, you just pay the transaction fee.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4446356 - 10/31/18 04:51 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
GE continues to fall. Under $10 now. $9.87 last check.

They slashed their dividend to a single penny. That is the same as announcing no dividend. The dividend was the only thing keeping investors holding GE.

I hope no one bought it when some first recommended in this thread.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4446371 - 10/31/18 06:24 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
this share price is what happens when amateurs start bailing out of a company because they do not understand what they're doing. they bought in trying to get dividends or stability, and are selling now when they probably should be holding or buying more.

most growth geared companies these days do not have dividends. if you look at it from the perspective of a company turning itself around, GE is no different from any other company gearing itself up for growth.

the aviation section of GE alone is worth a significant fraction of the current share price.

this is the kind of situation people like munger and buffett and lynch salivate over. major bargain happening here.

still watching carefully. GE is not in danger of bankruptcy, they have a lot of debt but their assets are greater than their debt, and their aviation section alone nearly covers all of the debt from the entire company.

i am very curious to see if GE is going to split off its aviation division. if not, I would say GE is a good buy especially at 9.80. if they do splinter the divisions, the rest of GE may suffer pretty severely while they figure out how to reduce debt from the poorly performing power / other divisions.

#4446372 - 10/31/18 06:28 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
I don’t see any healthy signs coming for GE. They just seem to have lost the bubble on business plan.

I see them as a still falling knife.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4446379 - 10/31/18 07:14 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Let's hope GE doesn't go down the same path as Sears.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4446380 - 10/31/18 07:18 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: oldgrognard]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
I don’t see any healthy signs coming for GE. They just seem to have lost the bubble on business plan.

I see them as a still falling knife.

specifically what?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GE/balance-sheet?p=GE

They're not doing fantastic overall, but certain divisions of GE are doing VERY well.

cutting the dividend is scary for investors but it never stopped peter lynch from investing in a company if he thought it was worth it. again, the aviation division alone is enough to keep GE afloat even with all the other debts around it. GE produces nearly all the engines going on long haul Boeings right now and has very long term contracts with airlines and leasing companies for maintenance and parts. That division alone is worth more than 9.80 a share. You buy the aviation division for 9.80 and you get the rest of the company for free. If the company were riddled with more debt than assets I would be concerned, but they still have more assets than debt by a considerable margin. Not a beautiful debt ratio but not horrible.

Note that most professional analysts have GE listed as a hold or buy stock, almost no one is saying "SELL!". It is only the amateurs doing that.

#4446381 - 10/31/18 07:34 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA

#4446404 - 10/31/18 09:20 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
how do you go about to buy a stock ?

#4446407 - 10/31/18 09:38 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

Call up a financial advisor like myself and have us buy you some. smile

#4446437 - 11/01/18 04:29 AM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

Call up a financial advisor like myself and have us buy you some. smile

Another option is an online trading source where you manage your own stocks. Not advising or even offering a source since it is highly risky proposition, I am just mentioning another option.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4448365 - 11/12/18 11:59 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
GE closed under $8 today. Under $8 !

#4448411 - 11/13/18 05:12 AM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: oldgrognard]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
GE closed under $8 today. Under $8 !

Called it in March.
03/20/18: http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4411746t#Post4411746
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted by Haggart
downside estimate as low as $10.00/share

If it hits $10.00 a share I don't even see it stopping then.

Wheels

No idea what the final downside is though. Maybe bankruptcy?

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4449394 - 11/19/18 01:34 AM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA

#4449457 - 11/19/18 03:26 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: oldgrognard]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot

Kansas, USA

No kidding. Debt is a killer. I swear I wish people in general would actually see things like this and learn what debt does.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4449458 - 11/19/18 03:35 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
If GE goes down the same path as Sears it will be quite sad.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4449469 - 11/19/18 04:59 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Having Sears and GE go the way of the dodo will be sobering. They were two companies that seemed invincible in their markets at one time.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

#4452714 - 12/10/18 06:32 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Administrator
Administrator
Lifer

USA
GE at $6.72 today. Still a falling knife.

#4452716 - 12/10/18 06:44 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: oldgrognard]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
GE at $6.72 today. Still a falling knife.

I'd say if it goes down to 1 or 2 bucks it's a buy. smile

#4453040 - 12/12/18 07:16 PM Re: STOP Using All Your Money To Buy Games and Use Some Of It To Invest In Gaming Stocks [Re: Haggart]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
a few of my top picks ....BABA & AVGO

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.