Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4448539 - 11/13/18 09:45 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: keltos]  
brian_b Offline
brian_b  Offline

Originally Posted by keltos
which is in my humble opinion, still superior to the hind in eech.

dont think so<click>

#4481124 - 07/03/19 09:21 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Hi all! I have a Feature Request: If someone can - fix joystick controls. I mean, setting up axis curves, Dead zones, joystick buttons mapping. At the moment, the controls in EECH remained in 1998, this greatly reduces the pleasure of the flight. I think the main thing in the simulator is the controls.

#4481126 - 07/03/19 09:49 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

Hi bunik.yes is pain. I think is not possible.best way use external program to remap keyboard.

#4481129 - 07/03/19 10:16 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: ]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Originally Posted by BANITA
I think is not possible.
Nooooo!))
best way use external program to remap keyboard.
I do, but it's not the best decision. at the moment, the game is hardcoded a few buttons and they can not be reassigned!

Last edited by bunik; 07/03/19 10:16 AM.
#4481130 - 07/03/19 10:22 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

You want change button keyboard ->joystick ,or keyboard->keyboard? First you can change everything.

#4481133 - 07/03/19 10:56 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

I think we should be able to do something about the controls. I don't think it's ever been really taken on. I remember seeing in the code some uncompleted work on key mapping.

Also, there was some work done on the deadzones, but never really finished.

It's good if we add new models to fly, and improve existing ones. But if the flying experience is no good, then there's no point.

#4481136 - 07/03/19 11:19 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Originally Posted by messyhead

Also, there was some work done on the deadzones, but never really finished.

the EECH.ini file has a dzd parameter, but it does not work, it may need to be moved from "Dynamics" to "Joysticks and TrackIR" section?))
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1234.JPG
#4481137 - 07/03/19 11:23 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

It doesn't really matter wher it is in the file, those values are just used as parameters in the code.

#4481203 - 07/03/19 03:15 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
A couple of comments. Customizable joystick response curves? Interesting idea, difficult to program. There are already apps out there to do that. Here's a free one:

XEDOC Project

I've also modded the automated controls in the sim so Altitude-Hold and Hover-Hold work now. I use Altitude-Hold all the time which takes over the collective making the helicopter very easy to fly, all you have to do is steer unless you go into radical moves to avoid weapons fire. I don't really notice the lack of an adjustable dead band in the joystick at all any more. You can download the mod here:

Hover Controls Mod Link

For remapping keyboard commands I have a copy of AutoHotKey, which is free, which remaps the keyboard and allows for remapping multiple key combinations and sequences to do anything you want. It does more than you want, though. There are simpler apps out there. I also have another app that maps joystick presses to keyboard combinations, JoyToKey. There are lots of ways to remap the game controls without resorting to reprogramming the sim. The in-game key commands are located in scattered sections of the code, they aren't all in one place. Joystick controls are also scattered around the code. With so many different controls possibilities, redoing that would take quite a bit of work. It can be done, but most avid players have already resorted to an external remapping app to get what they want. I've resorted to using a pair of Cougar MFD button frames (about $50). They easily remap any keyboard button command to a button on the MFD frame so I don't have to remember them. I've found that makes it infinitely easier for me to fly that way. I put all the important stuff on the Cougar MFD, I haven't even bothered to remap anything else with a keyboard app.

AutoHotKey.com

You said a couple of buttons are hard-coded that you can't reassign. What buttons are those? We might be able to fix those ones.

Last edited by Javelin; 07/03/19 03:22 PM.
#4481209 - 07/03/19 03:40 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

When I'm back from holiday, I'll look at the keymapping. I remember looking into it a few years ago, and had some thoughts on how it could work. If it's ok Javelin, I'll PM you with some ideas.

I get there are programs to allow this, but it would be good to have it as part of the sim.

I think the deadzone issue might need addressed though if it's more of an issue.

#4481230 - 07/03/19 05:48 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: Javelin]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Originally Posted by Javelin
Customizable joystick response curves? Interesting idea, difficult to program.
response curves are optional, I can do it in the joystick software, but the main thing for me is to remove the dead zones and make mapping, if possible.

I've also modded the automated controls in the sim so Altitude-Hold and Hover-Hold work now. I use Altitude-Hold all the time which takes over the collective making the helicopter very easy to fly, all you have to do is steer unless you go into radical moves to avoid weapons fire. I don't really notice the lack of an adjustable dead band in the joystick at all any more. You can download the mod here
I use it, thanks)

For remapping keyboard commands I have a copy of AutoHotKey

I don't like to use external mapping programs.

You said a couple of buttons are hard-coded that you can't reassign. What buttons are those? We might be able to fix those ones.

Button 1 - open fire
Button 2 - select weapon
Button 3 - select target
Button 4 - target tracking/stop tracking

#4481264 - 07/03/19 08:24 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
Ah. You want to re-map the Joystick buttons. That's different.

I went searching for the commands and found then in the code, at least the joystick part of it anyway. There are duplicate keyboard functions.
co_avevn.c assigns joystick_button 1,2,3
hm_avevn.c (and all the other helicopter type files) assigns joystick_button 4

set_event ((JOYSTICK_BUTTON + 1), MODIFIER_NONE, KEY_STATE_EITHER, launch_weapon_event);

set_event ((JOYSTICK_BUTTON + 2), MODIFIER_NONE, KEY_STATE_DOWN, select_next_weapon_event);

set_event ((JOYSTICK_BUTTON + 3), MODIFIER_NONE, KEY_STATE_DOWN, select_next_target_event);

and
set_event ((JOYSTICK_BUTTON + 4), MODIFIER_NONE, KEY_STATE_DOWN, virtual_cockpit_track_target_event);

#4482079 - 07/09/19 02:47 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
Here's a thought I had the other day... Is anyone interested in flying the fixed wing aircraft in EECH? I could write a physics engine for them, generic and modular, so we could set up the physics via a text file like they've done for all of the helos. It wouldn't be too exacting, but close enough to be fun. Anyone want to donate a generic 3D cockpit for it? Or we could just steal one from one of the helicopters. Any interest there? Just curious.

Last edited by Javelin; 07/09/19 03:01 AM.
#4482109 - 07/09/19 12:59 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: Javelin]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
I am interested! We need our own DCS!)) The Rapota new airpane models are very good, we need to make cockpits and physics.

#4482113 - 07/09/19 01:57 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

It would be interesting to be able to fly the planes. However, personally, I think there's things with the helo sim that need worked on and improved first. The airplane sim could distract from those things.

#4482173 - 07/09/19 08:46 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Originally Posted by messyhead
However, personally, I think there's things with the helo sim that need worked on and improved first.

I agree! for example, for aircraft precise control is even more important.

#4482244 - 07/10/19 11:50 AM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
The key to precise control is a high quality Joystick, or do you have a more specific problem?

#4482256 - 07/10/19 01:42 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: Javelin]  
bunik Offline
bunik  Offline

Belarus
Originally Posted by Javelin
The key to precise control is a high quality Joystick, or do you have a more specific problem?

my problem is large dead zones that can't be reduced to 0, and the lack of mapping buttons in the game, as third-party software does not always work with multiple devices.
I have a VKB Gunfighter MCG + handmade throttle and KA-50 collective. This devises have a high quality, so I don't like that I can't realize their precision potential))

#4482260 - 07/10/19 02:01 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

In all people steering work smooth,precisely and great. Never remember any complain about dead zone.Only you have problem. so,where is problem- in game, or with you hardware/software? The same about buttons. You not have good software for remapping, and you want change code in game.

#4482274 - 07/10/19 04:03 PM Re: EECH Wishlist - Feature Requests and Bug fixes [Re: messyhead]  
Javelin Offline
Javelin  Offline

Idaho Falls, Idaho USA
Hi Bunik,. I can see in the code where some joystick types are assigned a deadzone of 20%. Does that sound about right for your setup? I might be able to fix that, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

The dzd setting is used in the code in the cyclic section, but the 20% setting is applied before that.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.