Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4448082 - 11/11/18 02:34 PM I Can't End A Mission.  
Richard_W Offline
Richard_W  Offline

Gainsborough
Hi all.

I know this has come up before and I've read the various posts and done what's been suggested, including those in the FAQ Section but I still can't end a mission.

The game seems to be running fine until I try to finish........As soon as any mission ends for whatever reason, I'm stuck with the last image on my screen. All I can do is exit, at which point I get the message..... "Program is not responding. Wait or Close Program"....... Waiting does nothing and so I close the program but can only repeat the same thing again and again.

The only thing I haven't done as yet is a complete un-install and re-install of the game (WOFF-UE)...... Sorry if this sounds stupid but I've only just bought the game from the WOFF Store and I don't want to find I've to buy the thing again, so am I safe to un-install it? .. I can't think of anything else to try.

#4448120 - 11/11/18 06:11 PM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Yes, you should uninstall and reinstall the game. But be sure to follow the uninstall instructions in section 17 of the FAQ file. Get it here - link

If it still doesn't work you should contact WOFF for support. Follow the instructions at the end of the FAQ file.

#4448169 - 11/11/18 10:59 PM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
Richard_W Offline
Richard_W  Offline

Gainsborough
ok, It's un-installed as per the instructions but now how do I re-install it without paying for it again?

#4448172 - 11/11/18 11:18 PM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Perhaps what our esteemed friend hoongadoonga overlooked asking when he posted, is whether you still have your original download of the game (backing up the download is recommended; if you didn't do so already, make sure you do when this is all sorted).

But, if you just bought it, you should have no trouble downloading again via Avangate using your order number/link - I believe you get several downloads over a period of time. Check the confirmation email you got/Avangate website for info.

That failing, OBD will almost certainly help you if you contact them via the support email.

HTH

Last edited by kksnowbear; 11/11/18 11:19 PM.
#4448198 - 11/12/18 01:39 AM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: kksnowbear]  
Richard_W Offline
Richard_W  Offline

Gainsborough
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
Perhaps what our esteemed friend hoongadoonga overlooked asking when he posted, is whether you still have your original download of the game (backing up the download is recommended; if you didn't do so already, make sure you do when this is all sorted).

But, if you just bought it, you should have no trouble downloading again via Avangate using your order number/link - I believe you get several downloads over a period of time. Check the confirmation email you got/Avangate website for info.

That failing, OBD will almost certainly help you if you contact them via the support email.

HTH

Yes, thanks it does help and my apologies for coming over a bit grouchy, the problem's getting me down now.

I've only just bought it so I have my email and link...I realised after my previous post.... Re-Installed it all and lowered my settings, etc, as recommended but now it's worse than before.

It still won't end a mission but now the flight is jumping and stuttering where before it was smooth.

My main concern is the paragraph about them not guaranteeing it running on a laptop, even though I know it has more than enough grunt for the job... It's specs are way above those recommended and it powers through ROF and IL-2 without blinking.

I can keep uninstalling/Installing but I'm starting to worry it won't help... l have made sure Direct X9 is installed and the latest patch for Windows 10.

#4448200 - 11/12/18 01:44 AM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I see. I understand your concern. Unfortunately at the moment, I'm tied up. But I will send you a PM within an hour to discuss further.

#4448346 - 11/12/18 10:15 PM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by Richard_W
As soon as any mission ends for whatever reason, I'm stuck with the last image on my screen. All I can do is exit, at which point I get the message..... "Program is not responding. Wait or Close Program".

Sorry if this is stating the obvious but missions never 'end', you have to exit a mission by pressing control+Q. In your initial post wasn't clear that you are exiting properly, so though I would mention it.

I have had a few weird exiting issues a couple of years ago and the problems were solved by setting compatibility of the WOFF.exe and/or the cfs3.exe to Win7 or Win8. Worth a try, if you haven't already.

#4448960 - 11/15/18 10:35 PM Re: I Can't End A Mission. [Re: Richard_W]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

If it "ends" on it's own then your game is crashing mid flight. The vast majority of times that's down to a hardware issue such as CPU overcooking, GPU issue, memory problem, or maybe hard drive corruption (software or hardware).

Stop overclocking if you are, then test. See the FAQ there's a troubleshooting section that goes over checking many of these things to make sure.

If you are ending it using the correct keys, then maybe you need to set CFS3.exe to "run as an adminsitrator" in compatibility settings (see the FAQ). Windows (especially Win10) has variable problems with permissions. For example only some people need to set that, others don't even though both are admin users.

Last edited by Polovski; 11/16/18 10:00 AM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.