Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4446873 - 11/03/18 10:13 PM Questions from a new player  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
Hello,

I recently acquired this great game (and WOFF UE) and I am currently in the discovery phase. I have several questions to ask you in order to perfect my experience because my English is unfortunately not perfect and I think I missed some points in the FAQ.

1 - I try desperately to remove the information in the top right of the screen (engine, engine throttle, master switch, magneto, engine mixture, etc ...). (see attached files)
I tried many things, I manage to remove all the other information on the screen but not the ones.
I saw on youtube that some players have no text on the screen so I think it's possible.

2 - Is it possible to have an "automatic" propeller pitch in the 109? (It seems to me that the E4 had an automatic propeller pitch unlike the E3)

3 - I have problems with the FPS despite my rather respectable configuration (i5 6600k, 16giga ram, 1080 8giga vram, 1920x1080). I spent a whole afternoon doing different tests but I never got to anything really suitable (I aim for a constant 60fps). I do not think I have any miracle answers to this remark but I signal it anyway in case ... (I understand that this game is out very recently, so it may still need to be optimized? )

I hope you will not have too much trouble reading me because I'm using Google Trad and I know the translations are not perfect

help Thanks in advance for your help
help

Attached Files texte.JPG
#4446875 - 11/03/18 10:25 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
That stuff is tied to something in the game you are using, it may be on screen instruments, I just can't remember.... Anyhoo, you can just grab the whole list with your mouse and drag it all the way off the screen, or just part way if you are using part of it. Unfortunately I don't think you can change the order that the items appear.

Beard

Last edited by Burning_Beard; 11/03/18 11:40 PM.

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
#4446876 - 11/03/18 10:26 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Hi Oneslim welcome to WOTR and SimHQ..

1. SHIFT+F6 i believe turns that on/off

2. Not sure ive only flown it once yep

3.What are your Workshop settings at? try lowering all a notch to 4 and go from there pal (Aircraft,scenery,effects cloud and terrain) Hope this helps pal.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4446879 - 11/03/18 10:51 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
@Burning_Beard : Indeed, I can make it disappear by dragging it off the screen ... It can be a backup solution while waiting for a real solution. thank you

@Adger : oh yes, you have the right solution for my first question! SHIFT F6! I do not understand how I missed it ... Thank you very much

I will try with the graphical settings at 4. Here are my current settings as attachments.

Attached Files Capture1.JPGparametres CFS3.jpg
#4446883 - 11/03/18 11:45 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
What really worries me is that even with all the parameters at least I have a big drop in FPS.
Yet I'm running IL2 1946, IL2 CLODO, WOFF, ROF... without any problems and DCS very correctly (60 FPS constant with very correct graphics).

In WOTR, I have drops of FPS as soon as I look at the ground, as soon as I turn my head quickly (trackIR), as soon as there is flak and as soon as he has several planes in combat.

Would there be something in my nvidia settings that is wrong?

Or, everyone has this concern and the game will have a big need for optimization perhaps?

Attached Files Capture2.JPGparametres CFS3.jpg
#4446885 - 11/04/18 12:02 AM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Oneslim. three things:
1. The CFS3.exe is a 2002 game engine, that is not as efficient as todays game engines or IL2 which is OpenGL, which is very, very efficient, CFS3.exe is DX.
2. Use the in game AA, it is far more efficient that the NVidia AA settings for the game (i.e. slight improvement in FPS)
3. Triple Buffering is only for OpenGL games, it does not apply to any DX games, so you have the GPU processing something that is not used in the game.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4446888 - 11/04/18 01:44 AM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Id turn supersampling off,vsync or fastsync on,terrain filtering to quality or performance..AF to 4 or 8 ..AA to use the games AA like PR has mentioned Oneslim.

We will remember them.
#4446889 - 11/04/18 01:51 AM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
ok I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks for your help

#4446950 - 11/04/18 08:01 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
After several tries I still have not managed to have my 60 fps stable in all situations. I really think it's an optimization problem because even with the settings at least I do not have them. I am still going into a campaign because I really want and hoping that optimization comes in future patches. (maybe with directX 11?).

In any case, thank you for trying to help me. salute

#4446961 - 11/04/18 10:18 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
kksnowbear Online content
kksnowbear  Online Content

Oneslim

Veuillez vérifier vos messages privés. Merci smile

#4447182 - 11/06/18 10:12 AM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
ChiefWH Offline
ChiefWH  Offline

It doesn't run as well as new games for me but:

Make sure you read through the FAQ document and try the settings there, especially the one that suggests something like 5 / 3 / 5 / 3 as a good place to start for terrain settings etc.

Make sure to set the aircraft density (think that is the name) in advanced settings to low, this seems to have the biggest impact on performance for me

Set nvidia settings to default ones then build up from there, my settings for il2 seemed to run this game worse when i assumed they would be fine.

Edit: The one definite thing in nvidia I use is Fast vsync, and turn it off in game.

I'd love some optimisation however to be able to have aircraft on normal density.

(watch out for the input on performance discussions by those who don't even own the game)

Last edited by ChiefWH; 11/06/18 10:47 AM.
#4447253 - 11/06/18 05:57 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: ChiefWH]  
kksnowbear Online content
kksnowbear  Online Content

Originally Posted by ChiefWH
(watch out for the input on performance discussions by those who don't even own the game)

Absolutely. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. After all, why rely on what your eyes can clearly see is happening?

screwy

You know, I never owned a Chevy Vega, and I never knew anyone else who owned one, either. Yet there are lots and lots of people who know they had problems with rust...(I guess there are a very few people somewhere who will insist "Mine never had that problem"... but word does get out, and most people didn't buy Vegas biggrin biggrin biggrin )

It seems this is a case where "The lady doth protest too much."

Last edited by kksnowbear; 11/06/18 06:04 PM.
#4447267 - 11/06/18 06:49 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Oneslim Offline
Oneslim  Offline

France
ok thanks for the info

I tried the FAQ settings, but it did not really improve my FPS.
Unfortunately, after trying a multitude of different settings I never get to something really suitable (even with all settings at least) ...

So I prefer to wait and hope for future improvement and in the meantime I will devote myself to WOFF which works much better for me. I think I have plenty of time to wait with WOFF

Thank you again for your help salute

#4447274 - 11/06/18 07:39 PM Re: Questions from a new player [Re: Oneslim]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Oneslim
ok thanks for the info

I tried the FAQ settings, but it did not really improve my FPS.
Unfortunately, after trying a multitude of different settings I never get to something really suitable (even with all settings at least) ...

So I prefer to wait and hope for future improvement and in the meantime I will devote myself to WOFF which works much better for me. I think I have plenty of time to wait with WOFF

Thank you again for your help salute

I really feel for you Oneslim,WOTR like WOFF likes a decent CPU to get the best out of it. (Limitations of the CFS3 engine) I assume? Saying that though..What OBD have done with such a old game is nothing short of incredible. I know its not ideal but have you tried capping the FPS to 30 just to try? I'm not saying you should have to pal I'm just wondering if you've tried it.

I've mentioned on a previous thread that I also have minor FPS dips at times particularly during take/off and landing..most of the other times once I'm up in the air and over the channel I get mostly 60fps all the way. (I7 4790k@ 4.4Ghz)I think it's a possible scenery "thing" I do believe that the scenery has been ramped up a lot especially over Southern England compared to WOFF. Hopefully Ankor may be able to weave his magic one last time and help regarding shaders and/or DX11. But if Pol and Winding Man can do some " Optimisation " if they feel it's needed..then that too would be most welcomed.

Just a quick one before I head off..I absolutely make sure that I've nothing running in the background that's unnecessary,I have Kaspersky running,and a few necessary programs (Win7,s stuff) but everything else is off including any browsers that I close. Also sometimes I pause the flight at startup,have a look around with my trackir and let the shaders load in,I'm not sure if this helps at all..Best of luck mate and I sincerely hope you get WOTR running to your satisfaction soon.

We will remember them.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.