Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4446784 - 11/03/18 02:56 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
I use a T16000M (the HOTAS set up) and had a little trouble setting it up. However once I figured out that you had to make sure you have the component that you want to program selected in the Select Controller window it programmed easily. I have three things in there, rudder petals, joystick and throttle, each has to be selected individually to be programmed or you can screw things up or it just plain will not work.

Beard

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
#4446785 - 11/03/18 02:57 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
Double post

Last edited by Burning_Beard; 11/03/18 02:57 PM.

#4446789 - 11/03/18 03:00 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Pawgy, as I said earlier, I really hope you can get it all sorted out. Despite WOFF UE being a bit of a bear for some folks to initially dial in, it is more than worth the effort once you have it up and running smoothly. The immersion factor of the campaigns and the outstanding AI are like nothing else I've ever experienced in a combat flight sim, (and I've pretty much flown 'em all over the years). Best of luck!

#4446807 - 11/03/18 03:38 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Well I thought I had it, then ,,,,,,, the lables went away ,,,,,,then the cone got locked in on a downed plane,,,,, then the words under the circle said I should see an enemy plane but their was none in the circle. So,,,,untill tomorrow. thanks. for a minute I thought I had it. then i also so some big white lines in the view.

#4446826 - 11/03/18 05:30 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
When you target an enemy on the tac, the plane stays targeted until you target something else. It will not show on the tac if it is out of the circle (or range) but it stays targeted, even if the plane is shot down or has landed. If you toggle through the views, you can see the enemy you targeted (player/target) by hitting "V".

Beard

#4446827 - 11/03/18 05:37 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
jeanba Offline
jeanba  Offline

Originally Posted by Pawgy
I am left handed so I am using a Thrustmaster T 1600m. which has done very well in iL2 1946 and Rise of flight. I also did not have much of a problem in ROF HitIR.

I have mapped The I key several times to no avail for woff ui .. As a matter of fact i have gone back to default and the I key still does not show in wofff ui from the keyboard.. It does in rof hit IR but this sim has given me nothing but troubles. Thanks for your input Adgar.

I have basically the same configuration
I am under Windows7
The "I" key works very well to me, but I have not mapped it on my T16000
Maybe I can send you my keymapping, porvided someone tells me which file ?

JB

#4446838 - 11/03/18 06:22 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by Pawgy
Well I thought I had it, then ,,,,,,, the lables went away ,,,,,,then the cone got locked in on a downed plane,,,,, then the words under the circle said I should see an enemy plane but their was none in the circle. So,,,,untill tomorrow. thanks. for a minute I thought I had it. then i also so some big white lines in the view.

A bit off your topic, but this is why I love to play the sim "full real". I don't have to worry about configuring or remembering any of these controls. I can just fly the game; no clutter, no confusion.

Not saying that 'full real' is for everyone, but we all have access a brilliant 'time machine' in WOFF and it makes me a bit sad, honestly, when people miss out on that by letting 'arcade game' aspects in.

Hope you get your joystick problems sorted out, either way. Cheers!!

#4446863 - 11/03/18 09:05 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Pawgy Offline
Pawgy  Offline

Kent, Ohio USA
Thanks 77 Scout but Arcade is the only way i can have a little fun in a realistic flying sim. And that is why I buy them. To have a little fun. Don't forget . It is just a game. I'll keep trying since I already paid for this game. If I was flying a real plane i would be dead 100 times over.

Regards
Pawgy

Last edited by Pawgy; 11/03/18 09:07 PM.
#4447763 - 11/09/18 02:07 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Polovski]  
bweiss Offline
bweiss  Offline

DIsable Microsoft Defender - or exclude WOFF folders from it's scanning. Then your WOFFToolbox should work.
Also happens sometimes with Bitdefender commonly.

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...fender-flagging-latest-patch#Post4446072

Last edited by Polovski; 11/01/18 11:51 AM.

Quite right Pawgy, and it may be a tad more sinister than some realize. I have always turned off "Active" protection with Windows Defender from the git-go before attempting to use WOFF. Then I found that Windows Defender would pluck out the toolbox "WOTRToolBox.exe" during virus scans or all on it's own with active protection set to on, but not using WOFF. So I entered both the file name "WOTRToolBox.exe" and the file location WOFF/Toolbox, under excluded files and processes. For a little time that ended the issues.

Then, I found that Windows Defender recently also ID'd the popular add-on "Mission Editor, and plucked it out all on it's own while in active protection mode without WOFF or any of the add-ons running. So I added all of the add-on "exe" files and for good measure the locations of those files, including the root directory for WOFF and it's subdirectories and specifically WOFFUE Mission Editor exe, and still the stealthy foolproof guardian of PC safety went in all on it's own without a scan and without any exe file associated with WOFF, or any add-on's running, yanked out the WOFFUE Mission Editor exe file and canned it as a virus and stuck it in quarantine, "EVEN WITH" Windows Defender having been told to exclude the Mission Editor, and it's processes which, it apparently ignored and went right in and quarantined the ME exe file. Fancy that.

Whether this is a change to Windows Defender or due to a change in Mission Editor exe is unknown. But the bottom line is; and it's not a good one, that I ended up having to tell Windows Defender to allow the mis-ID'd virus on my system. That resolves the problem of Windows Defender attacking Mission Editor, but unfortunately it also allows that misidentified virus, in this case Trojan/Win32/Occamy.C, to potentially reside on my system if perhaps by chance the real virus Occamy.C shoud find its way into my system. Because I've had to tell it to leave that virus alone.

So my pearl of wisdom here is that this issue of false virus hits from Windows Defender or other protectors, may change without notice and suddenly destabilize WOFF or WOFF associated 3rd party add-on's due to alterations/updates in both the offending exe files, (.jar files perhaps?), and the virus protection programs. That's even if you have turned off Active Protection, and even if you have told the anti-virus program to exclude or ignore exe files or processes and locations for WOFF and/or the add-on's. Always check your virus program even if you've turned off active protection to see if it has quarantined any of your WOFF exe files or associated add-on files.

The only work around I know of being; to ensure all of your .exe files be they WOFF, or WOFF add-on's are entered into your virus protection program as excluded, perhaps along with their processes and locations. And still you may find as I did that one additionally needs to tell the virus program that the misidentified virus is allowed to run on your system and then return said file from quarantine to it's appropriate location.

It is somewhat convoluted but one can periodically remove the mis-id'd virus from the ignore list, then run an anti-virus scan to verify you do not actually have that virus with expectations that Winow Defender will pick up and quarantine one or more of your WOFF associated files. If then they are the "only" files showing up under quarantine, it could safely be presumed then that the virus you've previously told defender to ignore is not actually on your system. Then tell defender to restore the files from quarantine and re-tell the little bugger that the virus is ok to ignore now, until the next time you want to scan.

Round-a-bout but it'll work. Kind of like using Ctrl+S in WOFF to start the engine instead of E. If anyone knows a better method I'm all ears.

S!

Last edited by bweiss; 11/09/18 04:21 PM.

"War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose;
then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end,
one is surprised that everyone has lost."

-Karl Kraus, Die Fackel, October 19, 1917
#4447766 - 11/09/18 02:22 PM Re: No cones in Wings Over Flanders Field Ultimate [Re: Pawgy]  
Nowi Offline
Nowi  Offline

Florida
Pawgy, the cone should lock on a downed plane. So if that happens things are working. If there are no surviving EAs in range, yes, the lock will stick. If there are friendlies around, you can switch the lock to one of them. And then, if you switch to EAs, it will ignore the downed plane and give you no lock. If, however, there are no friendlies or EAs around, yes, the lock will remain. I've occasionally flown all the way home with that lock.

Bottom line? It is working!

As to finding EAs to lock, look on your circular display. If you see a red dot, or dots, they're the EAs. If you hit the function to cycle through EAs, AND they are not directly ahead, the cone will appear. KEEP IN MIND, the sim is programmed to NOT display the cone when the target is in your forward view, the assumption being that you can see it yourself. The function of the cone is to tell you where the target is when it's not in your forward view, so you can look there, or start turning in that direction to REGAIN sight of the target. And who would want the cone in your way when you are firing at a target in front of you?

Nowi
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse